Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Give me my fucking 21:9 damnit, won't buy without.

I just see that as a luxury perk that Sean has decided to add because he's an overachiever.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I haven't done Eyefinity in ages, but for this game it would be sexy as fuck.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Nothing luxury about something almost every modern game ships with! Support my needs!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The lack of review copy being handed out gives reason to be concerned. I've not pre-ordered it and will be waiting to see if this has the same fate of Spore.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"It's so nothing get spoiled!!!1"

Review embargoes are never a good sign. Sometimes games are still just fine even if they were embargoed (Doom being a recent example) but more often then not it's indicative of the publisher not wanting sales affected by bad reviews.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm concerned at the lack of content, hence why I'm waiting for the reviews. I don't care if the universe has unlimited exploration potential, if theres nothing to do when I get there then whats the point?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'm concerned at the lack of content, hence why I'm waiting for the reviews. I don't care if the universe has unlimited exploration potential, if theres nothing to do when I get there then whats the point?
    That's what I'm afraid of as well. Also, why does the animation of shooting/harvesting the terrain look so....blocky and bad?

BG Level

Day One Patch Full Patch Notes http://kotaku.com/no-mans-skys-day-o...ges-1784940149

- The Three Paths – there are now new, unique “paths” you can follow throughout the game. You must start the game on a fresh save, with the patch, as early choices have significant impact on what you see later in the game, and the overall experience.
    - The Universe – we changed the rules of the universe generation algorithm. Planets have moved. Environments have changed biomes. Galaxies have altered shape. All to create greater variety earlier. Galaxies are now up to 10x larger.
    - Diversity – Creatures are now more diverse in terms of ecology and densities on planets.
    - Planets – we’ve added dead moons, low atmosphere and extreme hazardous planets. Extreme hazards include blizzards and dust storms.
    Atmosphere – space, night time and day skies are now 4x more varied due to new atmospheric system, which refracts light more accurately to allow for more intense sunsets.
    - Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further…
    - Terrain generation – caves up to 128m tall are now possible. Geometric anomalies have been added. Underwater erosion now leads to more interesting sea beds.
    - Ship diversity – a wider variety of ships appear per star system, and are available to purchase. Cargo and installed technology now vary more, and ships have more unique attributes.
    - Inventory – ship inventories now store 5 times more resources per slot. Suit inventories now store 2.5 times more per slot. This encourages exploration and gives freedom from the beginning. We’re probably going to increase this even further in the next update, for people in the latter game phases, and will allow greater trading potential.
    - Trading – trading is deeper. Star systems and planets each have their own wants and needs, based off a galactic economy. Observing these is the key to successful trading. We still working on adjusting this based on how everyone plays, but all trading values have been rebalanced across the galaxy, giving a greater depth. A bunch of trade exploits were uncovered and have been removed
    - Feeding – creatures now have their own diet, based on planet and climate. Feeding them correctly will yield different results per species, such as mining for you, protecting the player, becoming pets, alerting you to rare loot or pooping valuable resources.
    - Survival – recharging hazard protection requires rare resources, making shielding shards useful again. Storms can be deadly. Hazard protection and suit upgrades have been added. Liquids are often more dangerous
    - Graphical effects – Lighting and texture resolution have been improved. Shadow quality has doubled. Temporal AA didn’t make it in time, but it’s so close
    - Balancing – several hundred upgrades have had stat changes (mainly exo-suit and ship, but also weapon), new upgrades have been added.
    - Combat – Auto Aim and weapon aim has been completely rewritten to feel more gentle in general, but stickier when you need it. Sentinels now alert each other, if they haven’t been dealt with quickly. Quad and Walker AI is now much more challenging, even I struggle with them without a powered up weapon.
    - Space Combat – advanced techniques have been introduced, like brake drifting and critical hits. Bounty missions and larger battles now occur. Pirate frequency has been increased, as well as difficulty depending on your cargo.
    - Exploits – infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but people are weird and can’t stop themselves ¯\_(シ)_/¯
    - Stability – foundations for buildings on super large planets. Resolved several low repro crashes, in particular when player warped further than 256 light years in one session (was only possible due to warp cell exploit above).
    - Space Stations – interiors are now more varied, bars, trade rooms and hydroponic labs have been added
    - Networking – Ability to scan star systems other players have discovered on the Galactic Map, increasing the chance of collision. Star systems discovered by other players appear during Galactic Map flight
    - Ship scanning – scanning for points of interest from your ship is now possible. Buildings generate earlier and show up in ship scans
    - Flying over terrain – pop-in and shadow artefacts have been reduced. Generation speed has been increased two fold (planets with large bodies of water will be targeted in next update)
    - Writing – The Atlas path has been rewritten by James Swallow (writer on Deus Ex) and me. I think it speaks to the over-arching theme of player freedom more clearly now. Early mission text has been rewritten to allow for multiple endings.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't mind if the game sucks at launch cause I'll get it for 20% off so it's either now or wait a few months and I'll probably be busy then.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

TP review is playing the game right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHgrle4pl9Y

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Review copies were delayed because of wanting to finish the day one patch, so I'd take the current streams with a grain of salt.

I was on the fence about the game, but judging from early information it sounds like it at least won't be a disaster. I suspect it will be a love it or hate it game where you either enjoy the playstyle or don't. Also I wouldn't be shocked if they have server-related issues for launch, but that's expected of most games.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Give me my fucking 21:9 damnit, won't buy without.
    As someone who has largely been away from gaming for the past 4 years, what the fuck is going on?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    As someone who has largely been away from gaming for the past 4 years, what the fuck is going on?
    People adopt something that's not the standard and then get upset when games won't support something probably 90% (even higher when you count consoles) of the playerbase doesn't and will likely never care about.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    Review copies were delayed because of wanting to finish the day one patch, so I'd take the current streams with a grain of salt.

I was on the fence about the game, but judging from early information it sounds like it at least won't be a disaster. I suspect it will be a love it or hate it game where you either enjoy the playstyle or don't. Also I wouldn't be shocked if they have server-related issues for launch, but that's expected of most games.
    Which is ONLY an issue with games that need the servers. You can play offline AND online won't require PS+, which is nice.

Day 1 patch confirms that these guys are a rare crop of devs that give a lot of fucks and aren't just out to produce a glorified walking simulator. Gamers are so used to getting boned and underwhelmed, I can understand all the apprehension.

Next up we’re adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters. Temporal AA and my new cloud rendering tech should be coming soon too. It will really change the game again, and enhance it visually.

This universe we’ve built is a pretty large canvas, we’ve got a lot of ideas. This is the type of game we want to be.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Day 1 patch is fairly common, how does that confirm anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Day 1 patch is fairly common, how does that confirm anything?
    Because it's more than just window dressing if they change how shit works. It explains the reason for the embargo more than just "spoilers" which I am sure they wouldn't care about if they felt that the release represented their vision faithfully. Normally I wouldn't buy this excuse, but for a team of 15, I find it more than believable that they weren't able to push out the best product before it went to press.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Which standard? 4:3? 16:9? 16:10? 1080p? 1440p? 1600p? 3440? 4k?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast