+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

No Man's Sky (PC/PS4/XB1) | VR (Vive/PSVR2/PSVR)

No Man's Sky is an upcoming science fiction video game developed and published by Hello Games. It will feature a procedurally generated open world.

Announced at VGX 2013 alongside a trailer, the game is seen to feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, and potential predators on the various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world has its own ecosystem with potentially unforgiving conditions, such as desert worlds with large carnivorous worms.

Players are initially given a totally uncharted universe to explore, where information about any planet's characteristics and lifeforms may be shared and updated with others.
    http://nomanssky.com/

Sorry, I have to steal a lil' from 6Soul's, update grind, but after not getting much sleep, the first thing that popped in my head was to go rewatch the trailer for this magnificent piece of work.

This was the real Cinderella at E3. I want this game right now so I can live that childhood dream of space exploration, with dinosaurs, and do pew-pew X-wing shit with my squad.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Kind of reminds me of a Spaceman Spiff videogame; a shame that it could never be able to live up to such a comparison.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

made me sad how many people at the theater where like wtf is this game, i guess they all missed the initial reveal at VGX (which made it a game to keep an eye on)

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

6souls had to work so he missed the conferences and was trying to catch up with them all night haha...

I remember seeing this at VGX but I don't remember it being like this. Pretty much secured a day one purchase right here. I dunno if Sony gave them time during their conference or if they had to pay for it or what but I am pretty pleased with this game getting some first class treatment.

I'm glad that guy didn't start crying on stage too because I was feeling pretty emotional after watching the trailer.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

their offices got totally trashed in a flood a while back

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

well shit.

here's an article about it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ay-no-mans-sky

Maybe he should have cried a little on stage. I'll buy two copies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Stop being late Mina, geeze.

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Joe Danger & No Man's Sky developer, Hello Games, loses everything due to flood damage
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...ello-games.jpg
    https://twitter.com/hellogames

Yeah poor guy on stage kinda reminded me of Silicon Valley season finale. He is the Richard of Hello Games. I was wondering at what point he would start talking about Manipulating Data.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just found out about this game, it looks really fresh and exciting! The color pallette and the music are both fitting. This is one of the few games I'll be waiting for.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I love how firemen are called when there's flooding. That's almost the opposite of their job description.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Game will eventually be coming to PC as well:
    Hello Games' procedurally generated planetary exploration game No Man's Sky is coming to PC platforms after it launches on the PlayStation 4, Edge magazine reports in its September issue.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/01/no...er-ps4-launch/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

18,446,744,073,709,551,616 Planets
    There are over 18 quintillion possible planets in No Man’s Sky, according to Hello Games managing director Sean Murray.

That exact number is 18,446,744,073,709,551,616.

“Even if a planet is discovered every second, it’ll take 585 billion years to find them all,” Murray said on the PlayStation Blog.

“The cool thing is that every planet has a single number, a random seed, that defines everything about that planet. A single random seed generates every blade of grass, tree, flower, creature. So as the developer I can note down the planet seed, and then just go back there any time I want. We demoed this at Gamescom, just jumping round the universe to different planets. There are no load times, because nothing needs to load, as the planets are entirely computer-generated.”

There is a “core game” to No Man’s Sky, including “trading, combat, weapons, ships,” and such, but the “quiet moments of discovery” are what the game is all about, according to Murray.

Recounting one of his recent play tests, Murray said, “I neared the surface of a planet and suddenly it started to rain. As I was touching down I scared some deer who broke through the woods, dodging in and out of trees. Now this was jaw-dropping to me, because I’ve never seen any of these systems before, but also it felt like this was a real place I’d discovered. No one had been there before, and I didn’t know whether to shout excitedly, or just keep it to myself.”
    http://gematsu.com/2014/08/mans-sky-...illion-planets
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...se-to-explore/

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

:< I swear I can't look at this stuff anymore because I want it so bad and I can't wait for release dates.

I am very impatient.

I'd like to try this one out, but much more excited for the possibilities of Star Citizen.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    :< I swear I can't look at this stuff anymore because I want it so bad and I can't wait for release dates.

I am very impatient.
    This. But also

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I'd like to try this one out, but much more excited for the possibilities of Star Citizen.
    This.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Looking at this as a (potential) Star Citizen lite, which is great cuz it's exactly what I'm looking for atm

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content