Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh, well in that case I would say go ahead and get it for console if you were thinking of getting it. It looks great and the new third person mode makes using a controller feel better.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Abyss DLC - Underwater Action
    A new free update, “The Abyss,” is now available to all No Man’s Sky players on Steam for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. “The Abyss” is the first major content update since indie United Kingdom developer Hello Games released No Man’s Sky NEXT earlier this year and introduces players to aquatic environments with over five times more variety, new submersible vehicles, improved underwater visuals and much more.

Aquatic Missions and Narrative: A new story, The Dreams of the Deep, brings a new context to the depths and a dark narrative to No Man’s Sky. Players are invited to discover the fate of a troubled crew stranded from a freighter crash by the rising tides or explore underwater ruins to uncover the tale of a lost soul trapped deep beneath the waves.

Submarine Vehicle: Master the depths of planets using a new Exocraft, the Nautilon. This submersible vehicle gives new meaning to underwater navigation, combat and mining – and can be summoned to any ocean on the planet, as well as docked at underwater buildings. Players can upgrade the submersible with installable Submarine Technology and customise the Nautilon to stand out from their fellow explorers.

Submersible Building Modules: More than a dozen new base parts have been added to unlock more creative possibilities underwater. Players can construct the new Marine Shelter for brief respite from the oceanic pressure, and use its protection to reach new depths. New glass corridors, viewing bays and multi-storey submersible view domes provide travellers the perfect view of the surrounding ocean. Players can now bring their aquatic life into a habitat with a decorative indoor aquarium.

Flora and Fauna: The variety and visual quality of underwater biomes has been greatly improved. Players can now experience rare exotic aquatic biomes as they explore new depths. Underwater creatures have become more frequent, and more interesting. Aquatic life inhabits the full depth of the ocean, and unique terrifying creatures can be encountered on the ocean floor.

Sunken Wrecks and Ancient Treasures: Investigate sunken ruins and find ancient treasures or dive to submerged buildings to find remnants of their lost occupants. Discover and scavenge lost cargo from gigantic freighter wrecks. Use the terrain manipulator to excavate treasures buried in the nearby ocean floor. Find and repair rare crashed star ships to restore them from the seabed to the skies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hello Everyone,

We know that there is a lot of hunger out there for news and updates on No Man’s Sky. We wanted to share some information from behind the scenes.

Our next chapter will be called No Man’s Sky: Beyond, coming Summer 2019.

Each chapter for No Man’s Sky has been more successful than the last. Thanks to our community, NEXT our large release last year was especially so. It went on to bring enjoyment to millions of new players, and it helped to change the legacy of this game we care so much about.

Earlier this year, whilst working on our roadmap of three future updates, we decided we wanted to interweave their features, and had a vision for something much more impactful.

We are excited to announce that Beyond will contain those three major updates rolled into one larger free release.

The first component of Beyond we are announcing today is No Man’s Sky Online.

No Man’s Sky Online includes a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Whilst this brings people together like never before, and has many recognisable online elements, we don’t consider No Man’s Sky to be an MMO – it won’t require a subscription, won’t contain microtransactions, and will be free for all existing players.

These changes are an answer to how we have seen people playing since the release of NEXT, and is something we’ve dreamed of for a long time.

We will talk more about each component when we know we can be precise, and look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks.

Beyond will be our most ambitious chapter so far, and something we’ve been working ridiculously hard on. We’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.

It’s unexpected but so rewarding to see so many accolades and nominations for No Man’s Sky as Best On-going or Most Evolved this year. To some NEXT may have felt like a natural end-point for our journey, but for us it was another step on a longer voyage.

Thank you so much, Sean

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Beyond - August 14, 2019
    Hello Everyone,

We know that there is a lot of hunger out there for news and updates on No Man’s Sky. We’re very excited to be able to share more information from behind the scenes.

Our next chapter No Man’s Sky: Beyond, is coming on August 14th!

Beyond will contain three major updates rolled into one larger free release. These changes are a mix of features we’ve been dreaming of for a while, and a reaction to how we have seen folks playing since the release of NEXT.

An expanded Online experience will bring a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together.

Meanwhile VR support will bring the entire game experience to life in virtual reality. Grab the joystick and thruster to fly your starship over an unexplored alien planet as you peer out of the cockpit at the view below. Reach into your backpack to grab your multitool, touch it to switch to terrain manipulation, and carve out intricate shapes with unprecedented control. Play in multiplayer and casually wave to your non-VR friends or fist bump your VR peers. Anything possible in No Man’s Sky, NEXT or any other update will soon be ready and waiting as an immersive and enriched VR experience.

If you want to know a little more about what to expect on August 14th, you can read a small preview from when we let press play for the first time.

“No Man’s Sky is the virtual reality game I have waited my entire life to play” – GamesRadar

“Murray hesitantly promoting the latest update to No Man’s Sky and us doing our best not to lose our cool. That, I’m afraid to say, is far easier said than done; No Man’s Sky is absolutely phenomenal when experienced in virtual reality. I’m sorry, Sean – this is where I cordially invite everybody to join me aboard the hype train, and there is no turning back this time.”

“No Man’s Sky VR brings personal scale to an endless galaxy” – PCGamesN

“Where many other VR games (with rare, excellent exceptions) have felt limited, the grandness inherent to No Man’s Sky rips those limitations apart”

“No Man’s Sky and VR are the perfect match” – PCGamer

“I spent fifteen minutes with No Man’s Sky VR, and it wasn’t nearly enough. Whatever voodoo is required to make a game feel just right in VR, Hello Games seems to have nailed it.”

“No Man’s Sky in VR feels like a whole new game” – The Verge

“I’ve played well over a hundred hours of No Man’s Sky since the game first debuted in 2016. I’ve touched down on countless planets, swam beneath alien oceans, and ran from a hostile robotic police force. But nothing I’ve done up until now has felt as thrilling as jumping into the cockpit of a ship, pulling down the glass enclosure with my hands, and pushing the throttle to blast off into the sky.”

“No Man’s Sky is absolutely stellar in VR” – Eurogamer

“It’s amazing, of course. There are few games better suited to the full immersion of virtual reality, and I’m delighted to say that, from my short experience: there’s that thrilling sense of being there, feet planted on some alien planet, scanning the horizons and getting drunk on the endless possibilities out there.”

“No Man’s Sky in VR is a blast” – Polygon

“This is VR at its most compelling, putting me in fantastical places and giving me viewpoints that I can never expect to attain in real life.”

“No Man’s Sky VR is the purest way to explore the universe” – Engadget

“If the goal of No Man’s Sky is to make players feel, full-stop — then VR is the best way to play. This sense of scale and immersion simply can’t translate on a 2D screen.”

“Hands-On: No Man’s Sky VR Is A World Of Limitless Possibilities” – UploadVR

“No Man’s Sky in VR is, without question, poised to immediately become the largest and most expansive VR game to date once the Beyond update releases.”

Beyond will be our most ambitious chapter so far, and something we’ve been working ridiculously hard on. We’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.

We look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks, there’s a bunch more to talk about and can’t wait to join you in playing August 14th.

Thank you so much, Sean

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Strange that we still don't know what the 3rd part is though. I picked this up on sale when Beyond was first announced and quite frankly i feel like it's worth the money now as it is. Interested to see what they plan on adding/changing with this though outside of the MMO mode and VR (don't give a single fuck about VR anything).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can barely hit a stable 60fps, so I don't even know how the heck they're managing to get this running on PS4 in VR unless they optimized the fuck out of the game, or gutted the visual settings.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Early reviews for VR seems good, might pick it up and give it a go.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Played for a bit a month ago, overall pretty good but tabled it until Beyond was released. The multiplayer (which was the primary point of playing through with a friend) was pretty janky and I ended up spawning in a "decommissioned" galaxy that you can't get out of. We started over and I moved my base to the planet he was on, then I couldn't play at all unless I was in his game because it tossed me back into a different galaxy with none of my stuff. All that aside, I do like what the game has to offer.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone else going to be playing today once the update hits? I've never played before, going to be playing in VR though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    going to be playing in VR though.
    Hope you have better luck than I. Shit was nauseating for me with how frequently it was stuttering in VR, and going by the forums with people with vastly better spec'd PCs, I'm apparently not the only one.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Started a new save, I really like how they re-vamped the first block of missions. Actually pretty much everything they revised is a marked improvement from how it used to be. And I finally got to play multiplayer with a friend without the extreme jank we saw before. (Location bugs, progression bugs, disappearing base/item bugs). Only real oddity I've seen so far is with markers on the UI.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I played day one (three years ago!) and managed to beat it in less than four hours. I broke it out on Monday, played the original code, updated it Tuesday and played it (it looks a lot better and the menu systems are nicer). I updated today and will play the most current version.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Hope you have better luck than I. Shit was nauseating for me with how frequently it was stuttering in VR, and going by the forums with people with vastly better spec'd PCs, I'm apparently not the only one.
    It was fine for me in VR ( 3700x and 1070ti ). Only an issue entering atmo.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I take back what I said earlier, this game is still a buggy mess. I want to like it, I really do, but there's just so much to overcome to get to the gameplay itself all the fun is drained right out of it.

Yes things are better... the mission structure, the onboarding, the overarching layout of everything. But the UI is one of the most obtuse I've ever seen (with virtually no explanations of what does what). The number of steps & clicks to craft basic items is a slog. Modules and upgrades are, on paper, a pretty neat system but they took that to 1000% and the result is there's far too much to deal with.

There are basic things that are straight up non-functional. Key rebinding for example. Broken. Doesn't work at all. Other buttons in the interface that stopped working. These are things that used to work. This game has been out for 3 years. Inexcusable. Space station? Fall through the geometry to your death. Mission dialogue? Doesn't show on the screen, no way to advance. New sector? The wrong NPCs might spawn. The new multiplayer hub? Using the teleporter can cause you to lose all your bases and ships. Basically the majority of your progress gone. Better hope you have a backup save.

This all pisses me the hell off because there's so much potential in the game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is this a PC thing? I have had none of those issues pushing 25 hours total (15 are on 2.0 patch). The only thing I found was past discoveries are lost (I have ten systems with planets/flora/minerals/creatures all 0/0 but it's all pre-1.5 stuff from three years ago). I wish they had an upgrade system for your weapons/ships. In order to get more slots, you have to have 2M+ credits to get a weapon with 22 slots or a ship with more slot.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

The anolomly teleporter bug is all systems, but the rest may be PC only. I haven't really looked into the console stuff to be honest. Some of it may have to do with playing multiplayer, too, which is mostly what I've been doing.

The upgrade thing bums me out. I put a fairly decent upgrade into my multitool, not realizing it was permanent. (You can remove it and get a couple of mats, but you can't pull the upgrade module out). Now if I buy a new multitool (which is sorely needed) I'll have to do all the upgrades again too.

I finally found some decent farming locations, and went from about 400k to 5mil in a few hours, so I can start buying better equipment. Also I didn't know until late last night that there are 2 exosuits upgrade available for purchase in every system, which will greatly alleviate the inventory problems.