+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A leaked copy went up on ebay and someone paid $1300 for it. In 30 hours, he managed to "beat" the game (get to the center of the galaxy). There are spoilers out there. He did find an exploit that allowed him to upgrade his ship awfully fast. Some people theorize that it was a June/pre-gold build. I'm still excited and will get it day one.

Yeah, there's plenty of leaked gameplay footage and even streamers that have been up on Twitch. Nothing has really been spoiled for me and the game looks just as great as it did at E3. Devs are already on a day 1 patch to fix the reported crashes and balance problems. I feel like this game will satisfy any space nerd's appetite for exploration better than any non-MMO game has to date.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Pre-ordered mine yesterday. I have a feeling I'm going to be putting a crazy amount of hours into this one!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It looks about as I expected it too from an Open-Universe game from an incredibly small dev team. Wasn't expecting to be blown away by the in depth hyper realistic animations and combat... I mean its not good and its a little below what I anticipated buuuutttt so long as the exploration and survival is on point I'm not at all turned off by mediocre looking combat considering i was intrigued long before I knew it even had combat.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

My intentions all along have been to play this as a chill kind of game, probably while listening to podcasts, lectures, or audio books. I don't do lots of hardcore gaming anymore, so games like this and Stardew Valley are just fine by me. I'll probably get this if the reviews turn out to be pretty decent, no massive bugs etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    My intentions all along have been to play this as a chill kind of game, probably while listening to podcasts, lectures, or audio books. I don't do lots of hardcore gaming anymore, so games like this and Stardew Valley are just fine by me. I'll probably get this if the reviews turn out to be pretty decent, no massive bugs etc.
    The guy who bought the leaked copy has a generally favorable review. He did find some bugs and exploits, which is how he "beat" it in 30 hours. He also passed along the information to the devs about the bugs and exploits, so they could be fixed (which, most people think he has a pre-gold build).

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    same, I'm looking at it as a nice 1-2 hours of chill gaming a night, with the possibility of it becoming more of a timesink if they had some depth via updates

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Soundtrack is pretty fantastic. Listened to it on repeat a couple times while doing work.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sony is censoring online news sites for reporting the leak.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    The guy who bought the leaked copy has a generally favorable review. He did find some bugs and exploits, which is how he "beat" it in 30 hours. He also passed along the information to the devs about the bugs and exploits, so they could be fixed (which, most people think he has a pre-gold build).
    Calling it an exploit is really overselling it. From what I've heard, he sold an item you get for claiming planets, which requires a fairly small time investment per planet, in order to fully upgrade his ship's drives and rush to the center. I wouldn't call it an exploit in the same way that farming for some particular item in an RPG isn't an exploit.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Sony is censoring online news sites for reporting the leak.

SOUNDS LIKE A CASE FOR ETHICS IN GAME JOURNALISM.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Calling it an exploit is really overselling it. From what I've heard, he sold an item you get for claiming planets, which requires a fairly small time investment per planet, in order to fully upgrade his ship's drives and rush to the center. I wouldn't call it an exploit in the same way that farming for some particular item in an RPG isn't an exploit.
    By the sound of it upon release disconnect the internet so you don't have to download day 1 patch. Exploit the shit out of it. Ruin your experience.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

PC version delayed to August 12th.

It's only a few days, but fucking lol at announcing a delay days before release.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    PC version delayed to August 12th.

It's only a few days, but fucking lol at announcing a delay days before release.
    Would you rather they release a broken game a la Batman and pull it from the store and rerelease it months later? lol

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I know quite a few games where the day 1 patch for pc was done hours before servers went live.

The simple reason it happens is it takes time to submit patches through sony and MS, while steam lets you push your own patches without their own QC.
    So you need to get the console shit done first and hope you can fix the pc version before launch day.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Goddamnit. I'm going on a trip on the 10th. No play before for me

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Would you rather they release a broken game a la Batman and pull it from the store and rerelease it months later? lol
    My point is more that why the fuck can't they announce something like this prior to 3 days from release? You know there was people out there taking days off from work for this, and they just got screwed over.

They were working on this Day 1 patch immediately after it went gold, so people following the game closely should have seen this coming. The PC delay was posted on their official website 1-2 weeks ago iirc.

If they weren't a team of like 15 dudes working on one of the most ambitious games in the space genre(fuck Star Citizen), I could understand the complaints. They could've delayed until holiday season and I would've been cool.

I also saw that they are putting in 21:9 support as a cherry on top. If there was a game that deserved a new monitor purchase, this would prob be it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I wouldn't really say 21:9 not being in the game at launch makes it completely broken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast