+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

I think I'll get it for ps4. With ps VR which I'm sure will support it sooner or later. With the graphic style being used I doubt there will be much difference cranking up pc settings

I'm just hoping for LOD/Draw distance settings, as well as maintaining a stable 1080p/60fps.

Day 1 for me on PS4...

Love the art style in particular. I know its not necessarily a "multiplayer" game, but I do want to run into someone eventually (though, it seems doubtful)

Pretty good write up that pretty much cemented my purchase of this game:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...her_questions/

I was really on the fence of getting it right away due to lack of content or specificity of what the objectives were. But after reading most of that, I'm quite sure I wouldn't be throwing away my money prematurely. Still waiting for launch though.

The last bit in this answer:
    So how do I go about exploring space?
    In space you’ve got three modes of transport, your normal drive, your jump-drive and your warp-drive. Your normal drive requires no fuel, and you and your ship will fly along at controllable speeds – fast, but not too fast.
    Your jump drive is what you’ll use to cross large distances quickly, this requires fuel, but can take you from planet to planet within minutes if not seconds. You could always make these trips manually, but some distances within star systems could be dozens of minutes, if not hours potentially.
    Finally, you’ve got warp-drive, this is what allows you to travel from solar system to solar system on the galactic map. Using your warp fuel you’ll warp to systems almost instantaneously, though, if you’re up for the challenge or want to be overly-frugal, you can point your ship in the direction of a star and engage your normal or jump drive – just be prepared to be slightly off course, and of course, take a ludicrously long time to reach the star.
    Space is completely open, and you can fly between systems without warp-drive, this will allow you to come across things floating in the void of space, out with any star systems. We’ve not been told what is out there, only that there’s things there.

There better be some space jellyfish and whatnot out there...

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/k...6_1280x720.jpg

And hopefully not this asshole.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ga...farpoint-r.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The ambitious space game No Man’s Sky has been delayed, two sources tell Kotaku. We don’t know exactly what the new release date is—and it may not be finalized yet—but we’re hearing it’s been bumped until at least July or August.
    http://kotaku.com/sources-no-mans-sk...yed-1778797365

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Game had a huge amount of hype behind it, hype has become so non-existent that i really dont care about this game anymore. There is a point where delays hurt it a game to the point where it cannot recover. I will be curious if this game is a success or bomb

Or if those sources are legit...

Really hope it's not true

I'm not bothered. They obviously want the game to be polished and, as we have come to realize, this game has more to it than just procedural eyecandy. I'll wait until Xmas, if need be.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    I'm not bothered. They obviously want the game to be polished and, as we have come to realize, this game has more to it than just procedural eyecandy. I'll wait until Xmas, if need be.
    Maybe you have, I'm still not sold on that notion. Which doesn't necessarily make it bad, I've quite enjoyed Proteus and MirrorMoon EP. But, I also didn't pay $60 for those games.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

A delay of that duration doesn't mean polish, that means they've found critical bugs that they're having difficulty with troubleshooting and have to either cut out what is causing it or come up with a work around that results in a poorly optimized solutions because they're under a major time crunch.

edit - That or they failed with project management and are way behind the scope of their project and far behind each of their goals.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Game had a huge amount of hype behind it, hype has become so non-existent that i really dont care about this game anymore. There is a point where delays hurt it a game to the point where it cannot recover. I will be curious if this game is a success or bomb
    Pretty much where I'm at. It was one of the major reasons I bought a PS4 and I completely forgot it was supposed to come out next month. Ironically I'll probably end up buying it for PC instead anyway lol

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The sudden delay with no real communication is a huge red flag to me. I'd love to see them follow through on what they're promising, but I'm going to wait and see how it's received on release before making any decision about it.

Lack of a denial is kinda odd ya?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Games get delayed all the time. Par for the course. What was it someone quoted from Nintendo over in that thread about the new Zelda game's delay? "Delays are temporary, mediocre games are forever". Well, even though this will be a release that can be easily updated through patching, it's better if they have a product that isn't broken on launch. We can wait a couple more months for the game to not be broken, instead of playing something busted at launch like so many developers are content to push out nowadays because they know idiots will still pay for it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

That was Shigeru Miyamoto who said that. It didn't help Star Fox Adventures, though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Starfox Adventures got pretty excellent reviews though, generally the only people who dislike it are those who expected another Starfox 64 and threw a tantrum when it wasn't that way. For what it was, Adventures was all around a pretty awesome game.

Agreed. Better than the unimaginative "reboot" that recently came out.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Games get delayed all the time. Par for the course. What was it someone quoted from Nintendo over in that thread about the new Zelda game's delay? "Delays are temporary, mediocre games are forever". Well, even though this will be a release that can be easily updated through patching, it's better if they have a product that isn't broken on launch. We can wait a couple more months for the game to not be broken, instead of playing something busted at launch like so many developers are content to push out nowadays because they know idiots will still pay for it.
    This. Plus, big companies can get away with shitty broken/bugged games as launch. And survive even if they don't do well. This is this company's biggest launch ever and first (I think?) game. They probably want to get it right at launch so they don't crash and burn.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

On the boat of i'd rather they delay and polish than release buggy shit and patch the hell out of, disappointed about the delay none the less but if it actually leads to a less buggy launch version i'll be happy enough about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast