+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Completely agree Tidane.... Im more surprised at myself for trusting Ubi than not given their record over the last few years.

Dont get me wrong Qal ill likely still play it. If i had to choose between playing BF4 and this for a similar experience it would likely be this because of the smaller maps / no vehichles etc. Thing is im afraid creating those playlists or allowing HUD changes from a server side will just split the community which is not really what you want in a tactical shooter. Its very evident from their recent Q&A statement in relation to the game (concerns poured in from the greater R6 community on reddit etc) about how unhappy they were with what they were seeing but their responses shows that they are going back on their word and creating stupid excuses for problems that dont exist.

We have seen a lot of questions arise lately and would like to address some of them.

Keep in mind that what you saw in the past few days is an Alpha version of our game, which is very much a work-in-progress. We are holding the Closed Alpha milestone in order to monitor player behaviors, collect feedbacks - both quantitative and qualitative – and learn from it. We will be tracking statistics and metrics from tens of thousands of players regarding pretty much all elements present in the Closed Alpha (Operators, Hostage Rescue Game Mode, House & Plane maps, shooting mechanics, destruction, etc.) and from this knowledge, we`ll take educated decisions to improve the overall experience of our game in the best way possible. We will learn not only from what you tell us, but from how you play.

Developing this game will be an iterative process, and with each step, we intend on improving it - starting with the Closed Alpha. Thank you for your patience and understanding, as well for your constructive criticism.

NB : The above statement is applicable to all the following conversation topics, so keep in mind that our answers are what the current state of the game is and that it is a work-in-progress and subject to change.

Will there be a more hardcore way to play the game? New settings and modes will be elaborated on as we approach the Beta later this year. Simon Larouche, game director, says: ‘We already embraced a more realistic approach in our game mechanics. By default, we don’t have aim assist, nor health regen and friendly fire is ON.’ For those interested in disabling HUD elements, it will eventually be possible to disable them locally for yourself (no matter which mode you are playing) through the options. It is in our current plans to also allow custom session hosts to disable HUD elements for everyone participating in the match. This includes hit markers and teammate highlights. Simon added that depending of the community’s needs, feedback and desires, new playlists could eventually be made available in order to create new experiences.

About hit markers: Considering the above answer about HUD and our plans with custom sessions allowing to remove hit markers, we would also like to expand on the concept of the Hit Marker. Our Game Director Simon Larouche says: ‘You have to consider all sides on this story. There will be multiple FPS communities following us, and we are trying to create a game that also has accessible mechanics in order to have a large and long lasting community.

It's important to us that players of all skill levels feel like their shot matters. The Hit Marker is an obvious feedback to help you understand if you hit your target or not. Yes, our most avid fan probably learned to play back when Hit Markers, Aim Assist (that we won't have in Rainbow Six Siege), etc. didn't exist. But today, its features that we need to think about.’

The notion of having Hit Markers in our game is still being investigated. We see value in having it for newcomers, but understand the risk of having players blindly firing at walls in the hopes of hitting an enemy. We will be looking into this feature based on the feedback and player behavior tracking that we will be collecting during our Closed Alpha. We will also be considering the amount of ammo available in order to balance this notion of blind firing in the hopes of finding enemies by using destruction.

Why is there so much ammo? Andrew Witts, game designer, says: ‘We need to balance the amount of rounds to give to players to compensate for the fact that we have no ammo or weapon pick-up.’ The Game Design team confirms that we have already reduced the ammo count in order to have the same amount as the ones in Raven Shield, but that tweak will not be in the upcoming Closed Alpha build.

We do intend to start things off by giving to players more ammo than what we plan on giving them in the final game, in order to see what is and isn’t being consumed, so that we can establish the average amount of ammo used per player. Our final intention is to provide the player with an ammo count that is sufficient, while being limited.

Why aren’t there any doors? : There will be doorways that can be barricaded, but no doors. This pushes the players on the defending side to actively fortify their location, ultimately designing their own fortress. Having a more open starting location means that the defenders will have to carefully decide how they want to spend their preparation phase time, since time is what limits the amount of fortifications that can be erected before the attackers arrive.

Moreover, in adversarial multiplayer, it is necessary to provide a fair gameplay experience. With our game type, doors would lead to a multitude of issues such as lag, connection or responsiveness issues, and exploits.

What prevents this from being a run & gun game? : Chris Lee, game designer, says: ‘By having actual consequences to player action. All official game modes are One Life and the level of lethality is high. ‘We do not support Health Regen and players won’t respawn after getting killed. He adds: ‘Being reckless with your life will most likely lead to your death, and bring yourself and your team one step closer to losing the round (or match). Teamwork, observation & communication is key to winning.’ Being with teammates strengthens your position and reduces the chances of getting flanked. It also splits up the chances of getting shot amongst your group. You can protect each other, and in rare cases, even revive each other. Additionally, without aim assist and having no auto-snapping for the melee hits insures that this game is more about careful player skills and tactics.

Why is there a support mode and why can players communicate after death? : Chris Lee, game designer, says that ‘since all official game modes are One Life, we want the players to remain engaged even after dying’. This means that the players can still help out their teammates by using observation tools or looking through the remaining alive team members’ point of view and be a part of a potential victory, even if they died earlier in the round. This emphasizes teamwork and communication: teams that work together (even after death) will win more often than a single individual with pure aim and shooting skills.

It is important to note that Attackers can destroy the Defending team’s observation tools: the security cameras – and that Defenders can destroy the Attacking team’s observation tools: the drones. Therefore, it is possible to interfere with the amount of tools the players in Support Mode can gain access to. This creates secondary points of interest on the maps.

Why is there a kill cam? The ideology behind the kill cam is that we want the player to understand why he died, explained Game Designer Chris Lee: ‘The feeling of dying without knowing why is very frustrating to the player.’ We consider it a strong learning tool for newcomers and want to let our players train with each other, with it.

Right now, the kill cam has 3 states : death event – 1.5s. (you died), killer info – 4s. (who killed you and with which weapon), death replay (how the guy killed you). It is not possible to skip the death event, nor the killer info. The death replay – 7s. is the only part that can be skipped.

Note that we are still in Alpha and that we will evaluate and explore the options with the kill cam – things are subject to change. Until now, for us, the kill cam has not been an issue but we will be evaluating it during the Closed Alpha, by studying player behaviors and player feedback.

Why is there DBNO? DBNO stands for Down But not Out. It is a state that the players fall into once their health falls below a certain amount. When in DBNO, they cannot shoot nor use gadgets. They will have the choice to either stay immobile while holding on their wound to stay alive longer, or attempt to crawl to safety. It encourages careful team play as it creates a high risk vs. high reward type of situation if teammates attempt to rescue the injured player. It also encourages players to stick together. The game is highly lethal, and a lot of the time the player will not fall into DBNO and die directly. For instance, a headshot will instantly kill the opponents and will never lead to the DBNO state.

Can we have more details about single player and COOP? Not at this time, but we can confirm that we will indeed have single player and COOP.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Thank you for getting involved with the community. - Gen
    Their excuses on the door front is laughable and a slap in the face. Its fucking 2015 you have invented ridiculous systems and programmed them into the game but 10+ years on since Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear & RavenShield which all had doors with no issues you mentioned above they make stupid excuses like that. But if there is dedicated "hardcore" servers maybe it will make it a bit better. No major interest in this hostage mode anyways... the whole premise can be just completely voided if every defender just hides out in the room with the hostage and crowd around the hostage. They cant come in guns blazing or blowing up shit because if they kill the hostage its over. Hopefully TDM will be back.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

changes implemented based on feedback (longass list so I won't quote it here)
    http://mp1st.com/2015/05/13/new-rain.../#.VVPFwpMYGkU

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Available on October 13th

Today, Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, the latest in the best-selling Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six franchise, will be available worldwide on October 13th 2015 on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is inspired by real world counter-terrorist organisations, and puts players in the middle of lethal close-quarters confrontations. For the first time in a Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six game, players will engage in sieges, a new style of assault where enemies have the means to transform their environments into modern strongholds while Rainbow Six teams lead the assault to breach the enemy’s position.

The following editions will be available in the EMEA territories (Europe, Middle-East and Asia) with NCSA (North, Central and South America) details to be revealed at a later date:

• The Art of Siege Edition, available for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, includes the full game, a collector’s box, a Gold Skins Pack for all in-game weapons and an exclusive 120 page Tactical Guide. This high quality guide includes every single key element of the game – detailing each Counter Terrorist Unit, Operators, weapons, and maps with the highest level of detail and statistics. All this content has been created with the development team and core gamers’ advice, giving you the most effective results in the field.

• The Gold Edition which includes the Standard Edition and the Season Pass.

• The Tactical Elite Edition, a very limited edition available exclusively on the Uplay Shop that will include both Art of Siege Edition and Season Pass.

Players who pre-order the game will get guaranteed access to the Closed Beta which will begin at a later date this year. Those pre-ordering the physical version of the game at the Uplay Shop will receive not only their guaranteed Closed Beta access, but also an exclusive numbered steel book when the game is released. http://shop.ubi.com/RainbowSixUplayShop

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fall 2015

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

have more of my mehness

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

anyone been folloing this? Think most the recent information / details has firmed up for me that im not going to not touch this game definitely no longer a day 1 for me. They need to just remove the R6 tag from this because there is very little about this game that is truly Rainbow 6.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Whenever I think of Rainbow 6 I think of sending off separate groups, "Alpha Go! Bravo Go!" and so on. Followed by "Man down man down! We need backup now!" Chavez is dead....
    I used to actually feel something for the characters.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yea well now they have removed that core feature and you go lone wolf for the whole campaign as it did not fit in their vision of a R6 game lol... FU Ubisoft u already used that excuse for not using doors in the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed to December 1st
    This wasn’t an easy decision, but based on the feedback we’ve received, and based on our own internal tests, we felt there are adjustments and improvements we can make, including improving the co-op experience across all game modes, weapon and gadget balancing, as well as menu and interface navigation. We’re taking a little more time to make these changes, and we think it’s the right call.
    http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-delay/

That puts them head-to-head with Just Cause 3.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So anyone managed to check this out during their "Open Beta" that failed terribly within 30 mins of going live? They had to cancel and only today are they re-stating its an open Beta. Game is riddled with problems from matchmaking to tick rate etc... Sad thing is the game is to release next week after being pushed back already.... I have no idea at all why i expected anything else really... Its Ubisoft... I was an idiot for even thinking they had teh capabilities to make a good game... Fuck them...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm actually thinking of canceling my gold edition. I love Rainbow Six but it is not worth it and that season pass trailer was horrible.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Im still pissed as fuck for pre ordering just for the closed beta, and then never recieving an email after registering on their shit website. I canceled my order quick.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was in the closed beta and thought it was just okay. There were a lot of network errors though and hit hard crashed my PS4 twice, stopped playing after the second time.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just got this with the 15% off amazon deal on black friday...havent played yet, anyone else have it?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The usual Ubisoft issues plague it(connection and bugs/glitches) but it's fun to play. Nothing more scary than hearing footsteps and explosive going off above you.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

On xbone, Cail239 if anyone wants to play with me!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dust Line

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season 2 announced - $29.99 for season pass or $79.99 for base game plus S1 & S2 pass
    In line with Ubisoft Montreal’s continued commitment to provide new qualitative content and seamlessly integrate members of its growing community, this new year-long premium membership will feature exclusive early access to eight new operators that will be released alongside Seasons throughout the year, and equivalent VIP benefits as the first year premium membership, including a boost to allow players to unlock content quicker, headgear, battle dress uniform (BDU) and more. Additionally, the Obsidian Universal Skin is available to those that order before February 7th. Owners of the original Season Pass will receive an additional 600 R6 Credits when they purchase the Year 2 Pass.