+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going by the comments in this thread I presume the game has improved a fair bit since launch, as I haven't had any issues with the game on a technical level when I grabbed it recently after demoing it on Steam during the free weekend.

First FPS in a long while that's made me have to think differently about how I set up a perimeter and where to/where-not to stand since people love their kill-holes and being cheeky buggers with their map knowledge. The recent update with the two new ops which added the penetration-based wall deterioration was quite nice.

Only thing irritating to me is the game's lighting engine is a little too happy to apply the "You can't see outside a window" in parts of a map it shouldn't be as strong on, although the devs made note of addressing that at some point. I don't know which side of the fence I stand on, as I know it's a gameplay element to help give the attackers a little bit of safety peaking into a window on day-time maps, but the effect is exaggerated a bit hard.

The second season pass ("Year 2") seems alright? Feels like a compromise to Ubisoft's sequelitis disease, while not fragmenting the userbase it's slowly built over the last year on each supported platform.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I bought this, tried it for a few minutes but never got into it (I think soemthing else came out similar time that took my attention)

I wouldn't mind giving this another try

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New update landed today, and servers kinda shat themselves already. I can't even do single-player stuff to try the new ops out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Price Increase Announced for Year 3, Loot Boxes Added
    Spoiler: show
    At that time the Standard Edition of Siege (currently $40 in most stores) will become the "Advanced Edition," and retail for $60. It's worth underlining that buyers will get slightly more out of this version of the game, but in the form of bonus cosmetic item packs and in-game currency, not operators, although that currency can be spent on operators.

"The Advanced Edition comes with all of the content that the Standard Edition had – access to all Rainbow Six Siege content: modes, maps, weapon options, level progression and the standard amount of time required to unlock the original 20 Operators," reads Ubisoft's blog post. "As an added benefit, the Advanced Edition comes with 600 Rainbow Six Credits, and 10 Outbreak Collection Packs." At this time, 600 Rainbow Six Credits retails for $5.

In kind, the "Gold" edition of the game, which includes the most recent year of DLC operators, will cost $90, rather than its present $70. The Gold Edition will also include 10 of the new Outbreak Collection Packs and in-game currency. And finally, the Complete Edition of Siege will run $130.

In summary, after February 13:
    • Starter Edition - $15
    • Advanced Edition (currently Standard Edition) - $60 (currently $40)
    • Gold Edition - $90 (currently $70)
    • Complete Edition - $130 (currently $90)
    http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-price/
    https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/e...que-identifier

Also, the Standard Edition is on sale at Humble for $24 - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/t...nbow-six-siege

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What has GamePass's stance been with DLC anyhow? If it's just vanilla R6 Siege/Starter Edition w/ the atrocious grind costs to unlock operators, it may as well be called a demo edition.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

They haven't officially announced it but my assumption is starter version (although you do get a discount on DLCs of Pass games), but there is precedent with the D2 expansions, so maybe it'll include older operators?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    What has GamePass's stance been with DLC anyhow? If it's just vanilla R6 Siege/Starter Edition w/ the atrocious grind costs to unlock operators, it may as well be called a demo edition.
    Gamepass games generally don't include any of the DLC and that has to be bought normally.

If a game is leaving Gamepass they give advance warning and generally also apply a discount on buying it outright.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

also speculation is the Halloween event will start on the 22nd as well. This year's is called Sugar Fright and takes place on a new map, 50pt Kill Confirmed gametype with respawns (obviously). New cosmetics are puppet themed.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

according to Major Nelson it's the deluxe edition which includes Years 1 and 2 operators.
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/stat...49759413415936

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries