FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

First 35-40 mins is all Zelda

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It seems pretty obvious, but I'm sticking with red herring.
    Spoiler: show

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    It seems pretty obvious, but I'm sticking with red herring.

Makes sense. This game seems heavily linked to Wind waker. I would wonder if this is hyrule some time after the water receeded and the kingdom uncovered.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

And someone removed the Master Sword from Ganondorf's head? Also, the royal bloodline left Hyrule and formed a new one.

Also:

I'm not stretching, you're stretching! Your face is stupid, shut up!

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah i can buy it. I dunno. Lot changes in non linear hundreds of years storylines lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The sword could have also lost its power and weakened the seal on Ganon since we have seen that in WW (even though Ganon didn't kill the new sages, they more then likely stopped being sages since Hyrule was drowned), but we won't really know until Nintendo either announces it or there are clues in the game itself. I personally think it might be TP timeline set around the original zelda time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Isn't the post WW timeline covered with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks?

It's not like Nintendo or Anouma to part from stylistic differences when dealing with the same timeline. Not having Toon Link in the WW timeline still seems off, which is why I'm just leaning more toward this being a continuation of Twilight Princess.

My other thought, is that they could be showing that the Child branches and Adult branches of the "Hero is Successful" timeline are finally joined at some point beyond TP/Four Swords Adventure and Spirit Tracks.

Adding to that, and maybe I'm just imagining this, but doesnt OoT mention how the blood of the Gerudo male is different? Maybe Ganon's blood corrupted the Master Sword in a way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Wind waker graphics.. gross :/.
    I'm certainly going to give it a try, but it will be tough for me to get past the appearance on this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't get the hate on WW's aesthetic. Not everything has to be 4k Ultra HD 60 FPS super realistic.

WW had one of the darkest stories for a Zelda game. And this isn't even full on WW, its a pretty nice mix of SS, WW, and TP.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Was anything made of the idea that link was a gerudo in this one? Based on the insignias on some of his armor.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Isn't the post WW timeline covered with Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks?

It's not like Nintendo or Anouma to part from stylistic differences when dealing with the same timeline. Not having Toon Link in the WW timeline still seems off, which is why I'm just leaning more toward this being a continuation of Twilight Princess.

My other thought, is that they could be showing that the Child branches and Adult branches of the "Hero is Successful" timeline are finally joined at some point beyond TP/Four Swords Adventure and Spirit Tracks.

Adding to that, and maybe I'm just imagining this, but doesnt OoT mention how the blood of the Gerudo male is different? Maybe Ganon's blood corrupted the Master Sword in a way.
    PH and ST do follow WW, so the timelines can never really rejoin -- old Hyrule was washed away and the royal bloodline (and Link's bloodline) founded a new Hyrule. Also, don't recall anything about Ganondorf's blood being different. Demise's curse can live on (Malladus), but Ganondorf is dead -- the whole sword in the head thing..

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Was anything made of the idea that link was a gerudo in this one? Based on the insignias on some of his armor.
    Well, from everything we've seen, he's not -- probably just finds a shirt with those designs.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wolf Link looks pretty worthless, but i'm assuming they haven't fully tweaked his AI.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The way I see it, BotW can't follow the Adult timeline because the Master Sword was left at the bottom of the sea and the whole new Hyrule thing. That leaves either the (dumb) failed timeline or the child timeline. Given the presence of technology, I'm inclined to believe this game is far in the future from the last entry of whichever timeline it falls.

If I remember correctly, Ganon was only sealed away at the end of Four Swords Adventure (I think he got sucked into the Four Swords), so it could follow that timeline (Child Link, MM, TP, FSA). The Master Sword was returned to the Pedestal at the end of TP as well, so the rusted sword image is certainly feasible if it hasn't been touched since then.

The Master Sword was also returned at the end of ALBW (and not used in TFH), so it could also follow the failure timeline. Yuga revived Ganon in ALBW as well, so he might not have been completely defeated (it could have only been Yuga who was destroyed).

Edit: Looked it up and ALBW and TFH are both before the original and AoL.. So while Ganon was killed at the end of the original and not revived in AoL, it could fit at the end of that timeline. It'd be pretty cool if they acknowledged that the Master Sword wasn't actually used in the original as well -- the Master Sword was forgotten even by then and has had many long years to fall into decay.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

New myNintendo Missions

The Sheikah Slate (+10): In the News & Updates section http://e3.nintendo.com mixed in with the tweets.
    The Sheikah Eye (+20): On the http://e3.nintendo.com/games/the-leg...the-wild-wii-u page at the very bottom, to the right of the social media buttons.
    The hidden Z icon (+30): On the http://e3.nintendo.com/videos/ page click the "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild E3 2016 Trailer". The Z is directly beneath the play button.
    Secret Mission (+10): At the bottom of the http://e3.nintendo.com/games/ page, click the Mii that pops out of the treehouse.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

From what has been shown, does this have the same visual beauty that WW HD-texture mod on Dolphin, plus more (if that makes sense)?

I like WW style graphics, but I hate how they just amped the fuck out of the bloom effects in Wii U WWHD. I've only watched a bit of the footage, and wanted to ask if there was any of the super bloom in BotW.

Definitely excited!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

tl;dr all these videos and spoilers

Might as well unsub from this thread. Already know im buying this shit. no point in watching any of the new feature videos. Game will be all new to me when I play it.

Only question is what platform was the trailer played on? Wii u or nx? If NX, and if NX is backwards compatible, selling the shit out of my wii u

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wii U GamePad can “disrupt gameplay” - Zelda Producer, Dual View not included so there isn't a Star Fox Zero repeat
    http://www.wired.com/2016/06/zelda-b...ld-aonuma-demo

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    tl;dr all these videos and spoilers

Might as well unsub from this thread. Already know im buying this shit. no point in watching any of the new feature videos. Game will be all new to me when I play it.

Only question is what platform was the trailer played on? Wii u or nx? If NX, and if NX is backwards compatible, selling the shit out of my wii u
    Everything shown of BoTW is on Wii U so far, we more then likely won't see NX gameplay of it till NX is closer to launch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Wii U GamePad can “disrupt gameplay” - Zelda Producer, Dual View not included so there isn't a Star Fox Zero repeat
    http://www.wired.com/2016/06/zelda-b...ld-aonuma-demo
    Thank god, he clarified in the interview that you can still switch the game to the gamepad and play it on it, I was worried there cause I only use the gamepad and not the TV to play games (one of the reasons I wanted a Wii U).