+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So the precedent is there, they're just saying "hey guys, this world is also a lot bigger then before".

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Well, technically, you could ignore Navi for parts (didn't have to finish Dodogo's Cavern before King Jabu Jabu's Belly; were free to complete the Forest, Fire, and Water temples in any order; could do Spirit before Shadow).
    Go straight to Shadow, get the hover boots then start to go have fun in the dungeons in any order you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Dude, its an in game engine trailer; Its already more worth conversation then the majority of games shown at MSs conference. Open world to boot? They realized the Zelda formula was getting stale and changed it up, this is pretty exciting.
    I know it's in game, I said it looks good but after this long I wanted to see more than a 20 second cutscene. Open world is cool as a concept but getting open world right is difficult, especially with this current flood of them. It has the potential to be amazing like Skyrim, where exploration is rewarding in itself but with actually fun game play that I care about. So if you think about it sure that's great, but when have games even been as good as you can imagine them being?

Point is, I would've rather seen something small and focused that showed whether we're still getting motions controls or going traditional and how they're going to change it up. They just said a bunch of stuff and let you guys get hyped with imagination while not showing anything important. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept but why would that excite you and not just a CG rendering of a dude doing some shit?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Link Between Worlds style "open world" is ideal for Zelda imo. Still require set progression stages, but allow freeform exploration through each individual area/dungeon. I couldn't see Zelda working in a Skyrim-esque game model.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So people are throwing a hissy fit over this Link wearing blue, but it was the starting outfit in Wind Waker.

I do want to see more, but that running on the games engine was truly impressive imho. Really can't wait to see what they feed us over the next few months.

TGS is looking to be a great show for Nintendo.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/aonuma-ze...-one-said-link
    Nintendo’s first look at its new Legend of Zelda game for Wii U earlier showed what appeared to be Link leaping off his horse and fighting an enemy. But he looked a bit different.

Link wasn’t wearing his signature green hat. His hair appeared a bit longer. And some even theorized that it wasn’t a young man at all.

When VentureBeat pressed series producer Eiji Aonuma on the subject, he said, “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

Very mysterious.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Average the same thing from ign, but they point It could be Zelda

The Legend of Zelda Trailer May Not Feature Link
    EDIT: Scrubbed via new guidelines

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh no Nintendo, dont start supporting the whole transgender thing and finaly reveal that Link has both boy and girl parts I mean, he always looked girly.. and I guess that explains why he never went after Zelda sexually.. GDIT, I cant support such a game any more, this is BS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think people hitting the SJW alarm are a bit too concerned.

Remember how many of us were CERTAIN Sheik was a dude? Dat bulge, amirite?

I'm not upset one bit if it turns out to be Zelda. Hell, have 2 campaigns between Link and Zelda and showcase 2 different stories. I'm all for it.

Don't think for a second Link will not be present. It just won't happen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This game will have to do some exceptional fucking things for me to finally buy a Wii U... you know, being a dead console and all.

Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

Unless it interferes with the timelines from the other games.....what harm is it if Link is female, or any other combination of genders/sexes?

Its not like the character of Link interacts with the story much based on their gender. Heck, is there a game where Link actually talks? Also, would be a breadth of fresh air from Nintendo's ethos on 'anything non hetero' (point: that fiasco where they're most recent dating/Sim-esque based game could only have hetero relationships).

Hi Nintendo/ people who have a problem with Link being female/ trans: its 2014.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Timeline is already horribly fucked. Even the book couldn't keep everything logically progressing.

I don't care if "Link" turns out to be an androgynous android with 2 butts and 5 twirling cocks so long as the gameplay is good.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Wait a minute, the main character isnt Zelda?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Beaten lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Cliron View Post
    Unless it interferes with the timelines from the other games.....what harm is it if Link is female, or any other combination of genders/sexes?

Its not like the character of Link interacts with the story much based on their gender. Heck, is there a game where Link actually talks? Also, would be a breadth of fresh air from Nintendo's ethos on 'anything non hetero' (point: that fiasco where they're most recent dating/Sim-esque based game could only have hetero relationships).

Hi Nintendo/ people who have a problem with Link being female/ trans: its 2014.
    oh im sure that will send out the right messege

lets change classic videogame characters into trannys that will be sure to make people tolerent of them

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Personally, I prefer how Nintendo handled Birdo in "Captain Rainbow," a title also known as "The Only Game That Matters."

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Honestly, last year, the Wii U was like "Meh. Whatever. Smash will be cool but.. worth buying a console just for that?"

This year I"m like "Wow.. this coming holiday season Imma have to snag a Wii U"

Bayonetta 1/2, Smash when it comes out, the Xenoblade X game, Zelda Wii U... Fuck man, WIi U's getting to the point where it has more games than the PS4 rofl.

RIP. But really, I'm kinda hyped for those..

I'm on the train of not giving a fuck if that's Link. I mean seriously; he's looked super boyish/fem (a little) before, all I care about is if the game's good and if I can be badass with Link/Zelda/whoever it is. That trailer was godlike.

zelda being a heroine in 1 game would fit in the timeline before wind waker since there is no Link because Zelda sent him back in OoT.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

There's like 4 timelines at this point. Why do any of them matter?

They release new Zelda games when they need a decent chunk of money and they have a decent concept for a new gameplay wrinkle to try out. Any concept of a 'timeline' is simply a bonus that comes along with a release.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

The comment was that that might not be Link didn't state anything about it not being a guy. Combine that with the Gerudo-looking gauntlets and it's not unreasonable to speculate that he's going to be a Link counterpart. We hear the grunts that sound like Link. My early conspiracy money's on it being a different character. Multiple approaches to a world might just mean multiple characters.