Valefor

each fletching has 3 different colors. half life 3 confirmed

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

people tend to draw with their dominant hand it seams your an exception to that

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah was about to say when I used to shoot, I drew right handed, my dominant hand. Feels more natural to pull back with the dominant hand.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Seems Link always holds the bow with his right hand:
    Spoiler: show

The only exception being Twilight Princess on Wii which mirrored everything:

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

On the note of motion control though, I don't see how they incorporate it and the gamepad. Don't get me wrong, I actually thought it was exceptionally done in Skyward Sword and would be okay with another Zelda that utilized it, but you can't have people swinging around their gamepads. For those who played the Wind Waker remake, that's how I'm hoping the game plays -- the major things being that your map is on the touch screen, you can switch to inventory and change up your items on the fly. And if you want to use it for things like the bow and arrow, that's an option too. I will say, I hope they go back to letting you draw on the map as well, like in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

If they refine motion controls and design it could be really good. I had a lot of fun just fighting generally in Skyward Sword, more than I had in other previous games which were faceroll easy (not saying SS was hard, but motion controls add a certain involvement/satisfaction) and while I don't think aiming is gonna be terrible like most non-motion control Zelda games it was definitely a step up. If they made the fights a little longer and cleaned up the controls it could be awesome (taking out the crap that's annoying like flying your bird lol). Fights with Ghirahim and Demise were great fun, if not too short.

Otherwise, I'd really like to see what they can do going back to normal.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Aonuma clarifies: ‘That was Link’
    Earlier this week, The Legend of Zelda series producer suggested that the character we saw in the trailer for the new Zelda game for Wii U might not have Link. But as it turns out, it is Link, and the statement was actually a misinterpreted joke.

“Actually that comment I made jokingly,” Aonuma told MMGN at E3. “It’s not that I said that it wasn’t Link. It’s that I never said that it was Link. It’s not really the same thing, but I can understand how it could be taken that way.

“It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying ‘oh it’s a female character’ and it just kind of grew. But my intent in saying that was humor. You know, you have to show Link when you create a trailer for a Zelda announcement.”

But Aonuma doesn’t want players to focus too much on Link’s appearance.

“I don’t want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game,” he said.

“I don’t want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player.”
    http://gematsu.com/2014/06/aonuma-cl...-wii-u-trailer
    http://mmgn.com/wiiu/news--that-was-...trailer-aonuma

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Just marvel at the cool trailer for what it shows and speculate more on the information given, it would lead to far greater conversation than wonder if the blonde haired person riding A Horse happens to have a P or a V.
    Damn this guy had a pretty good point about 3 pages ago.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Link was right handed in the tech demo with the Giant Spider.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just think it's odd that the character has no sword or shield in the scene. And it may or may not be obvious how far into the game they are at that point. Or if it's just a trailer idk.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's a Zelda game, it was pretty fucking cut and dry that the character in the trailer was Link, I have no fucking clue why so many people got hung up on such a silly comment that was obviously humour. Glad he is putting this shit to rest though, some of the discussions I've seen about this have been getting ridiculous.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Oh no Nintendo, dont start supporting the whole transgender thing and finaly reveal that Link has both boy and girl parts I mean, he always looked girly.. and I guess that explains why he never went after Zelda sexually.. GDIT, I cant support such a game any more, this is BS.
    I'm sure it's been said but at this point if Nintendo don't the LGBT community will throw a hissy fit like they seem to about every damn thing now, so I wouldn't be surprised if this DID end up the case lol.

(It's not obviously.)

All I care about if it has two worlds to explore, or a 'second quest' type situation.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    It's a Zelda game, it was pretty fucking cut and dry that the character in the trailer was Link, I have no fucking clue why so many people got hung up on such a silly comment that was obviously humour. Glad he is putting this shit to rest though, some of the discussions I've seen about this have been getting ridiculous.
    For real this is the most pants on head stupid shit I have seen from the gaming community and that is saying something. Posts like the one above mine and what it quoted...Jesus lmao

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

people losing their shit over it took it way too far, but I don't think it was completely unreasonable to entertain the notion/discuss the possibilities, given what they said about breaking traditions/conventions of the series, and his offhand comment. a game where you play as zelda or a female hero of time would certainly be a departure from tradition.

edit: also
    Speaking with Game Informer at E3, Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma shared some brief thoughts on the trailer that Nintendo showed off for The Legend of Zelda on Wii U. Aonuma says that he’s been hearing people say that they think Link is a lady now.

“That might be something that consciously we kind of did, but not to say anything specific—I am not saying anything specific—but, I am hoping people continue to comment, and I will continue to follow the fan comments and reactions to the trailer,” Aonuma said.

“I am certainly curious, and I am sure there are things we as developers can glean.”

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12...fVWDgQUtkal.99
    so even if it was stupid to think it possible, at least they've seen there's interest now?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!

I though Majora's Mask meant that this was gonna be delayed, but they're sticking to 2015!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You see that suspicious tower in the distant? You can climb that tower.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Even though I'm not a fan of cel shading, that game just looks beautiful.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I was alresdy excited about a new zelda game and this looks fantastic. Most zelda's have been open world but this is truely the next level so long as the extra space serves a purpose and is not just there to make the world large

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Who cares, the horse rides itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast