+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It’s out now. Just highlight the game and press + on your controller and select software update. It’s 2.5 GB so it may take a while.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wow, with no news on this in a long time, I was totally expecting this to get delayed to 2018. Was not expecting a new trailer + announcing it was out now. >.>

Still playing Xenoblade 2 though, no time for Breath of the Wild yet.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Surprise #1 was finding out the DLC was active. Surprise #2 was that apparently my Switch downloaded it while in sleep mode because it was ready to go when I turned it on.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

looks dumb

You did 120 shrines heres more

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Surprise #1 was finding out the DLC was active. Surprise #2 was that apparently my Switch downloaded it while in sleep mode because it was ready to go when I turned it on.
    Switch is pretty good about handling updates like this, it pleases me every time I go to play something and it lets me know that it downloaded an update and is ready to install when I pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    looks dumb

You did 120 shrines heres more
    Yeah fuck this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

holyfuckingshit I do play a little sloppy but doing all this shit with half a heart is infuriating

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's frustrating at first but once you figure out the monster placement you can find ways to lure them out and pick them off. I cheesed it a lot just using bomb arrows and regular bombs the the one-hit whatchimacallit will just get you killed besides just fighting off a mob that got too close to you. The most annoying one by far is the group with the keese storm. The only part of the DLC with half-heart deathga is on the plateau so keep at it and you'll eventually get past it. Also if you need to leave the plateau it keeps your progress when you go back and start up the trial again.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

idk how many people here use or collect guidebooks but the beautiful BotW expanded edition hardcover book is now available for preorder. I suspect it'll be sold out quickly just like the deluxe hardcover book from last year.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1911015486/?tag=rs0ab-20

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I hate to be that guy, but did people really not get this reference? For such a diehard fanbase who likes to nitpick at stupid shit like timelines, they sure as hell miss the obvious lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

First time I've seen/heard that particular reference, but I also haven't finished the main game or done the DLC. Perhaps it wasn't noticed because there are so many Monks in the game and they all look generic, so the poses might be glossed over by most people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The fact that there were 7 monks at the end of the Trial of the Sword tipped me off that they were the 7 sages.

Really, anything 3 or 7 in Zelda (or many fantasy based games) should tip you off to some sort of reference.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah. That there were 7 was a shotgun blast to the face for me as far as being tipped off.

BG Level

I dunno as I have trouble finding a way to like this game lol

Ridill
    BG Level

Alright. Full disclosure; I am not a fan of the N64 games, lost interest in Twilight Princess two hours in, and never played Skyward Sword. I do, however, really like Windwaker and the handheld Zelda games.

My fiance is all-things Zelda crazy and bought a Switch and BotW when it first came out. I tried it. I got up to Hateno Village before I felt completely unmotivated to keep playing. Fast forward to now and I decided to play try it again, but this time I started on Master Quest Mode, thinking the added difficulty would push me deeper into the game. And it did.

The beginning of the game was amazing. I had to use stealth and find abstract and interesting ways to defeat enemies or just run my ass off to avoid conflicts I had no chance of winning. I have access to every amiibo but refused to use them to keep the spirit of MAster QUest Mode. I could barely stay stocked with resources and weapons which challenged me to pick and chose just which camps I thought I could manage to clear to unlock treasure chests. It was an amazing experience that unfortunately didn't last.

By the time I reached Hateno village once again, the strict resource management was gone. Enemy conflicts were no longer enormous events I had to plan out in advance. They were still difficult, but vastly less so with bigger camps that required well thought out plans becoming sparser. Despite the noticeable difference between now and then, I was still having fun with the game enough to keep playing and eventually the difficulty ramped back up once the Silver versions of enemies became much more common, but the motivation to clear enemy camps had changed completely. When I saw a camp full of dangerous enemies it was no longer a risk of clearing the camp to unlock a skull chest reward, but a risk for the sake of risk; a challenge for the sake of difficulty. I do like a good challenge so it kept me playing. At this point in the game (1st Divine Beast-Elephant defeated) nothing motivated me to go somewhere more than my fiance saying "Oh, you shouldn't go there yet. It might be too difficult." "Really?" I'd say, right before gliding straight over there.

The second Divine Beast I defeated was the Lizard. Both of the Blights so far had been massively disappointingly easy, taking literally under a minute to beat on my first attempt. But it's the journey, not the destination, as they say. By now, even Silver enemies weren't much of a challenge as long as there weren't multiple Silver Moblins. Hinox's and Rock Dudes were more a massive time sink than a challenge. The special Master Quest flying raft treasure chests often completely undermined the difficulty increase by giving you incredibly strong items that were quite easy to obtain. Fortunately for the game, I had gotten far enough in that exploration and continuing on had by now replaced the earlier motivation of a difficult challenge and so I kept on.

Post third Divine Beast (Bird); Combat is absolutely no challenge. Gold Goblins are common but don't really pose any sort of threat unless there are multiple. I do often avoid conflicts with Gold enemies, not because of how hard they are but because it's so time consuming to kill them with how much HP they have and the reward for killing them just isn't worth it- money is nothing I'm short on. My inventory is full of 45+ damage weapons, I've got 15 hearts, 2.5 Stamina wheels, and an inventory full of +yellow hearts food. Lynels are still fun to kill but I'm no longer shitting my pants when I come close to one, not even a Silver one. The game seems to realize combat isn't difficult anymore and tries to save me time by downgrading enemies into more Black and Blue enemies with Silvers being very rare to run into, though Golds are commons.

That's where I'm at right now. Exploration is still my motivator for playing, though I believe its for the sake of my completionist side of finding all the shrines and Koroks (I do not plan on finding all 900 of them but I do want to find as many as I can.) and filling up my compendium with pictures (I'm a little annoyed that I don't think I'll be able to get pictures of red moblins and bokogoblins, but I'll do the best I can.) so I'm going back to old areas and filling in the gaps on my map before heading into the desert.

I find myself continuously wanting to play the game still, even as I'm typing this out right now pointing out all these negatives about the game I feel the need to play the game, so obviously I'm still enjoying it, it's just a part of me is disappointed at what the Master Quest Mode could have been as I look back at the very beginning of the game as I struggled just to survive on the Great Plateau.

I beat Evertide Island fairly early on and I find myself wishing they had put more gimmicks like that into the game, forcing you back into the early portions of the game with no resources except for what's around you. Of all the things they reuse over and over again I wish Evertide Island was one of them. The pitch black dungeon was fun as well.

I'll leave this post with one last thought before I hit Submit;

Fuck the rain.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I have a hard time with motivation as well. The game is just so big but not really populated, making running between objectives a bore imo.

BG Level

You’re all wrong this game has a lot of awards so it’s perfect

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wasn't able to finish it myself. Rly not sure how it got so many 10/10s. As far as open world games go it is pretty similar to an Ubisoft game honestly... The most "innovative" and "interesting" part of the game for me came down to the physics and what you could do with elements and the environment. Novel, but the content of the game was too repetitive to keep me interested.