BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...76668793307136Edit2: Damn the internet cracks me up. Suddenly this is now a NX launch title. People just don't think anymore.
    Nah, they'll just release it for NX and a few months later make a soft launch for Wii U. Wait; that couldn't happen, could it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Game_Cover.jpg

I'm not too mad; I'm sure it will be worth the wait. What was it Miyamoto said about the Ocarina of Time delays back in the 90s? "Delays are temporary, mediocre games are forever" or something like that.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Damn, the anticipation for this game is part of the reason I bought a WiiU. I'm still rocking that MK8 hard, but I wish I had a lot of other games I want to play as badly as MK8 and ZeldaU

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Damn, the anticipation for this game is part of the reason I bought a WiiU. I'm still rocking that MK8 hard, but I wish I had a lot of other games I want to play as badly as MK8 and ZeldaU
    Splatoon!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Nah, they'll just release it for NX and a few months later make a soft launch for Wii U. Wait; that couldn't happen, could it?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Game_Cover.jpg

I'm not too mad; I'm sure it will be worth the wait. What was it Miyamoto said about the Ocarina of Time delays back in the 90s? "Delays are temporary, mediocre games are forever" or something like that.
    Eh, that was mere weeks. This would be on the level of postponing it for almost 2 years just to fit it into any conceivable NX launch range, assuming it is 2 years out, and then releasing it on the Wii U afterwards. If they can turn around Majoras Mask in less time than that, they can probably have another Zelda game ready for whatever launch window NX would have even if they wait for a bit. And if they couldn't and wanted a Zelda for launch, that would be prime territory for a Twilight Princess remake if Gamecube support is finally dropped.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

nvm i'm stupid

sry for bump

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Eh, that was mere weeks. This would be on the level of postponing it for almost 2 years just to fit it into any conceivable NX launch range, assuming it is 2 years out, and then releasing it on the Wii U afterwards. If they can turn around Majoras Mask in less time than that, they can probably have another Zelda game ready for whatever launch window NX would have even if they wait for a bit. And if they couldn't and wanted a Zelda for launch, that would be prime territory for a Twilight Princess remake if Gamecube support is finally dropped.
    My bad, they released a single month apart in the states. However; my point was if they keep delaying it, they could make it a launch title for the new system and also release on WiiU.

I don't think Majora's Mask is a fair comparison since it was originally designed as a Mario Paint style "make your own Zelda" game recycling the engine and assets from OoT and was in development relatively concurrently with OoT for the 64DD add on. Other than that, when has Nintendo recycled a console Zelda's engine for another console release? Four Swords Adventure is sorta based on LttP but I don't know if I'd say it's the same engine.

Bottom line, Nintendo does what Nintendo wants and we're all just along for the ride.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...76668793307136

Delayed until 2016. No mention of when.

Reason given is the open world aspect has given them a lot of ideas to explore since their announcement of 2015, and they want to add all of them.
    I don't want to be "that guy" but honestly I'm not surprised and I'm more surprised anyone else is. They haven't made a launch deadline on a AAA Zelda title in...ever? Every single one I can recall in Internet years has been delayed by a year or better.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post

Yeah and what we were given was one of the most broken games to ever be released. Not in a bad way but in a good way because it has revived a lot of replay value for myself and hundreds of others and new broken things are found rather frequently.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

broken things?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    broken things?
    all the glitch it had that people abused

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I wouldn't really define the glitches as "broken things" considering a lot of them took over a decade to discover. The only glitch I really remember exploiting as a kid was duping gold skulltulas in the cave outside of Hyrule castle.

There's plenty of classic games that have spaghetti code, my favorite example is FFVI and how magic evade and blindness are entirely broken.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com. The stream will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun.
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-using-...r-a-1774864305

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

yay fun!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Playable at the New York Nintendo Store during E3 (June 14-19), Ninny allowing fans to begin Lining up June 11th at 7am
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...NY-Rockefeller

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Allowing fans to line up 3 days before the event in new york? Holy shit...I know it's a Zelda but I mean...cmon..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Two things to remember:

1) Some Zelda fans are fucking HARDCORE. It's not just rear windshield decals and macbook stickers anymore, they're getting triforce tattoos and naming their children after characters. However, many of those people will be in Los Angeles for E3, so it's a little weird to have the event in their NYC store.
    2) Many AAA game releases end up grossing more revenue than AAA film releases nowadays (the $60~70 per unit price point certainly helps). It's the first new title in the franchise since 2011, and these folks won't be playing watered-down demo, but a close-to-release build of the full game. I'm surprised they're not charging admission.

The only thing I don't understand: people can line up 3 days in advance, but only 500 actually get in? That's comes across a little unmindful.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'm willing to bet people will be selling their place in line.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wait there is a thing called a Nintendo Store?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill