+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I love the game ecxept for 2 things:
    - No clear endgame objective after Ganon at all ecxept for farming the shit out of everything
    - more olde music... i recognized like 3-4 tunes thats it. I would have liked to hear more tunes from older games. like a faint Song of storms when it was storming outside etc. Dont get me wrong the music was fantastic.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I love the game ecxept for 2 things:
    - No clear endgame objective after Ganon at all ecxept for farming the shit out of everything
    - more olde music... i recognized like 3-4 tunes thats it. I would have liked to hear more tunes from older games. like a faint Song of storms when it was storming outside etc. Dont get me wrong the music was fantastic.
    Apparently there's a ton of old music but it's easy to miss because it's mostly contextual. I didn't realize just how many callbacks there were to previous Zelda tunes until I saw this.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Speaking of, I think I am missing a Lynel club for the picture collection, is it just a random drop from the only normal Lynel i'm aware of thats left in Zora's Domain or should I be looking somewhere else?
    I think that the weapon types are fixed based on spawn point; The one I mentioned drops a savage lynel club rather than a regular one, so you may need to range out a bit to find another one.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Using Ancient Arrows to kill things does in fact give no loot drops.

Bonus: I knew about this when I did the Yiga hideout. First time, I tried to kill a guard, and realized how much health it had. Then I just Ancient Arrow'd anyone in there, no fear of OHKOs on things.

Also, curious about the Hyrule Shield selling dude. I got electrocuted, dropped the shield, a monster picked it up, and I wonder what would've happened if I let the monster run off with it instead of killing him and taking it back.
    God I was just coming to laugh about this. went to fight one of the ice ones say fuck it pull out a *5 bow with ancient arrow' s and then see him sucked into the black hole like wtf.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I have a rather difficult time triggering flurry attacks. I've found that for whatever reason I can parry much more consistently.

Unrelated I've been doing cleanup in the Hebra Mountains area and for the first time I feel like something is overly tedious. (I'm at 86 shrines for reference.) Visibility is quite bad, there's so much vertical to cover, there's no indication on the sensor if a shrine is higher or lower than you are, and many of the shrines are tucked away. Been at it for two evenings and I'm really close to giving up on clearing that area.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    Apparently there's a ton of old music but it's easy to miss because it's mostly contextual. I didn't realize just how many callbacks there were to previous Zelda tunes until I saw this.

I haven't spent a lot of time in Hyrule Castle, but I was pretty sure I heard tinges of Ballad of the Wind Fish -- that video confirmed it for me (around 6:08).

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX) - March 3, 2017

So not sure if anyone knew this,but you can reflect guardian laser beams if you do a perfect block. You have a very small window to press A, but it one shots the stationary guardians. The mobile guardians needs to be hit 3 times with it, I believe.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Also, the guardian shields automatically reflect the laser beams without needing to do a perfect block, but it usually breaks it. Doing a perfect block either has the shield take no durability loss or very little.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Use the Hylia Shield for that stuff.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Speaking of bomb arrows, I just found out that they don't ignite in the rain. See, more basic knowledge that I'm just figuring out.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Parrying laser does not reduce shield durability, I took on all of castle town with a wooden boko shield which I think has 9 guardians?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Cant for the life of me get the timing down...

The way I kill guardians requires more effort, but you get more spoils.

Arrow to the eye for stun.
    Run up and chop off one leg for another stun, and drops
    Chop off next leg in circular motion - they are stunned each time you chop off a leg, and hitting them twice gets two drops
    once all the legs are gone he is 1/2 dead, but still stunned, swipe away with sword until dead, arrow to the eye if he breaks stun.

To break the legs you need to hit them where the claw touches the ground.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post

Also, the guardian shields automatically reflect the laser beams without needing to do a perfect block, but it usually breaks it. Doing a perfect block either has the shield take no durability loss or very little.
    also you can perfect parry more then one even if they are behind you killed 4 at once under the labyrinth

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Speaking of bomb arrows, I just found out that they don't ignite in the rain. See, more basic knowledge that I'm just figuring out.
    try pulling a bomb arrow in Goronia :D

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just unlocked the 4th and final fairy tonight and the last upgrade gives a substantial bump in defense. Also, while messing around, I found that there was a loose formula for calculating damage which appears to be for every 1 DEF you gain, you lose 1/4th less hearts. To determine total hearts lost when getting hit from an enemy, it appears to be ([Mob Weapon DMG * Attack Bonus] - Your DEF) / 4. If you have more defense than the mob's weapon damage, then you cap out at only losing 1/4th hearts. Also Certain mob colors grant the mobs an attack bonus such as Blue, Black, and Silver, and I believe Silver is a straight 2x damage multiplier.

Here's an example of the damage equation: You have 6 total defense and the monster you are fighting is holding a weapon that has a damage rating of 24 and it has no attack bonus. Then the amount of hearts taken per swing is (24-6)/4 = 4.5 hearts. This is why defense plays such a huge role in the game and also why some mobs just whip the floor with you early on if you venture off into "higher level" areas.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

To add onto that, Attack Boost (from food or barbarian armor) gives 20%, 30%, and 50% respectively for level 1/2/3. So DMG: 50 weapon would do 75 damage with level 3 attack buff or wearing all 3 barbarian armors. Ancient armor set bonus does 80% more damage with ancient/guardian weapons and it stacks with attack boost. Critical hits and headshots do x2 damage. Sneakstrikes do x8 damage. Fire and ice arrows do 10 extra damage, shock does 20, and bomb arrow does 50 (the elemental damage also applies to weapons, note that it's an additional effect and isn't part of the base damage for multipliers). Frozen enemies take x3 damage. Lots of other things in the damage mechanics too but that's the jist of it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Shield parry as soon as you see the white laser light is what I do.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I just man-mode it with maxed barbarian armor and a big fuckin' axe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finished with everything sans Korok seeds.

Timeline Time!:

Spoiler: show
    What if we've been approaching this all wrong? We're trying to frame everything as if existing games are their current timelines "end point" and fitting it into that.

It's safe to say this is not on the Wind Waker timeline. Too much doesn't fit and the stuff that does fits better into other options. Which leaves us with Child or Downfall.

It may take Word of God to finally settle this, but here's just some food for thought.

Zelda uses the completed Triforce at the end of BotW.
    She did not have it during the "flashback" portions of the game as the 'Goddess' would not speak to her.
    We eventually learn that the one speaking to Zelda is Fi.
    One of the lines Zelda tells Link when giving him the Light Bow is "Courage is never lost", implying Link may not have the Triforce right now, but it's still with him in some capacity and he had earned it's blessing at some point. (DLC explanation?)
    Ganon's Final Form was taglined "Malice and Hatred Incarnate". Downfall timeline is full of botched sorcery and half completed attempts at resurrecting Ganon. That can't have a good effect on your mental well being.

My reason for pointing all of this out, is what if this takes place post Zelda II?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm still of the belief that:

Spoiler: show
    This game takes place both at the begining of the timeline (around Skyward Sword when Shieka inhabited the ground to battle Demise's minions) and then far into the future of either Child or Downfall (most likely Child).

My big thing being that the divine beasts and shrines being created sometime around or before Skyward Sword to battle demise, then being buried for 10k years until this version of hyrule discovers them while excavating.

Also, Temple of Time is the most confusing this to me about this Zelda... It's place on the Plateau conflicts with so much, especially with the existence of the OoT Ranch near Hyrule Castle/Castletown ruins... It's either a new Temple of Time, or at some point the entire plateau was picked up and moved from castle town and dropped near Hyrule lake.