BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    So, just to clarify, as I don't understand the article completely, is this getting a live actor to play as Sonic, or is it going to be receiving a Roger Rabbit movie style treatment?

(Which would go horribly wrong for all the reason that Sonic X exists with Chris)
    The current assumption is it will be something like the recently redone Alvin & the chipmunks franchise, or the Smurfs franchise. Marza studios does great animations for Sonic (look up Sonic unleashed opening, seriously great) so the animation itself will probably be good. It's just gonna come down to how they do the story. Not holding my breath for anything other then terrible, unfortunately. Sonic is my favorite franchise and I'm disappointed in SEGA for following the current trend without considering something like the Archie-verse.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thanks for ruining my childhood Sony! Well at least Mario won't get a mov...... wait.

What I'm hoping for:

Spoiler: show

What I expect:

Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tim Miller (Deadpool) to Produce, Jeff Fowler (Gopher Broke) to Direct
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ie-sony-942661

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Tim Miller (Deadpool) to Produce, Jeff Fowler (Gopher Broke) to Direct
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ie-sony-942661
    The real reason Miller was kicked from Deadpool 2.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I could almost picture the convo between Miller and Reynolds.

RR: Tim. Don't do this. It's a blue fucking rat that runs fast. Come on, man.
    TM: YOU DON'T FUCKING GET ME, MAN. I MUST DO THIS MOVIE. IT'S WHERE MY ARTISTIC GENIUS BELONGS!
    RR: Fuck it. Get out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Guys I got the plot right here.

Robotnik figures out a way to transport himself to the real world to subjugate people en masse, Sonic follows shortly after and teams up with some real world arcade rat kids to stop him. Subplot: Once his friends (now relegated to retarded comic relief rather than anything substantial, except maybe Sally who has to have a weird pseudo romance with Sonic) figure out he's missing, they all go on an epic quest to the real world to find Sonic and aid him in the fight. Sonic 'n friends save the day - with as little screen time by the CGI characters as possible because that shit's expensive and unrealistic-looking unless you're like, Disney - and they bid a tearful goodbye to the human children as they take Robotnik back to cartoon prison. At least, until it's implied in the post-credits scene that he escapes prison, thus leaving it open for a sequel.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

At least it's not Michael Bay

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Paramount Pictures has acquired the rights from Sony
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn it why did you remind me that this was a thing?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably gonna be better than Gnomeo and Juliet: Sherlock Gnomes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Release date announced; November 15, 2019. This will pit the film against Bond 25, Wonder Woman 2, & Frozen 2.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Jesus christ this thread was started four years ago and it's STILL a thing.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

This will probably be a kids movie or something, i can't imagine they are able to turn this into anything serious.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Against Frozen 2? Really? Might as well just go straight to DVD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Paramount Pictures has acquired the rights from Sony
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral
    Follow-up;

SEGA Holdings today announced that SEGA of America has reached a final agreement with Paramount Pictures to co-produce a Sonic the Hedgehog feature film, set for theatrical release beginning in the United States on November 15, 2019, then rolling out internationally to markets around the world.

This move represents an important next-step in the expansion of the Sonic the Hedgehog IP, bringing the character to new audiences globally. As part of the IP strategy for Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA Group has been working to expand this character beyond the video game market to become an entertainment franchise. Recently, Sonic has appeared as an animated character on television, consumer products, console and mobile games, and more.

“I am very honored that our companies, SEGA and Marza, have this incredible opportunity to partner with Paramount Pictures for this production, which will bring Sonic to the big screen for the first time. Since he was first introduced to the world 26 years ago, Sonic has continued to grow in popularity as part of our core strategy to focus on video games. In addition to video games, this provides SEGA with a fantastic opportunity to share Sonic with everyone and we can't wait to reveal more to eager audiences in the future,” said SEGA Holdings Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Haruki Satomi.

Paramount Pictures will work closely with SEGA of America to bring Sonic to the big screen, said Jim Gianopulos, Chairman and CEO, Paramount Pictures.

“We are incredibly excited to work with SEGA to bring this iconic property and character to audiences around the world,” said Gianopulos. “We look forward to our partnership on this great venture.”

Planned for a worldwide release showcasing both live-action and CG animation elements, the feature film will be the first time Sonic has been adapted for the big screen. Developing the project since its inception as a producer as well as a production house, Marza Animation Planet, owned by SEGA Group, will be joined by an assembly of high-profile talent.

The film has signed on notable industry veterans including:

• Producer Neal H. Moritz from Original Film Inc. (“Fast and Furious” series)

• Director Jeff Fowler (Blur Studio, Academy Award nominee for 2005 Best Animated Short Film “Gopher Broke.”)

• Executive producer Tim Miller (director of the Marvel/Fox feature “Deadpool” and owner of animation and CG production company Blur Studio)

“I'm thrilled to be partnered with SEGA and to have such an incredible and supportive home for Sonic with Jim and Paramount,” said Moritz.

Sonic the Hedgehog was first seen in 1991 on the SEGA Genesis. Since then, the character was inducted into the “World Video Game Hall of Fame” in 2016 at The Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, New York. Most recently, the popular franchise has seen two new hit releases in 2017, Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces (PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC). Total sales of the series including both packaged and digital downloads count over 360 million units.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Producer Neal H. Moritz from Original Film Inc. (“Fast and Furious” series)
    Looking forward to Sonic shifting gears every time he speeds up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sonic Film Overview
    He’s a juvenile delinquent on the adventures in a pretty straight rural environment with a local policeman.
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/jim-gia...ce-1202406289/