+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Threads on lanes/strats separated ? Like Bot Mid etc if people are even into that. A meta thread lol

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

If you want to do an in-depth guide kind of like how the FFXIV has in depth guides on how to be a Summoner or etc I don't see a problem with making a thread. I think the key point here is to make sure you're making a thread with content and going to encourage discussion rather than just making a thread for the sake of making it.

If you feel like you have something meaningful that you want to bring to the table and discuss by all means I encourage you to make a thread. If I take a look at it later and it's something that obviously isn't going to encourage any sort of real talk, we'll smoosh it into some generalized thread for that kind of discussion.

Makes sense?

EX:
    'Playing Ashe as a Jungler' <-- too centralized in one idea. Unless there's a LOT of discussion for this, the thread is almost completely pointless. Could throw it in a thread like the one I list below.
    'Annie - Skills/Lanes/Strats' <-- I like this. It will include a breakdown of the champ. Yes it focuses on a single champion but if you provide a lot of detail and really want to get into the discussion of a single popular champ. It would be interesting. I would not like to see too many of these though. LoL has a lot of champs so if we could focus more on the champions that are seeing a lot of use or basically "pick/ban" status champs I would prefer it. Don't make these for the sake of making them but for new champs I would definitely be okay with.
    'Midlaning - Champs/Strats/Item Builds Discussion' <-- pretty broad. Can bring all kinds of discussion on the current meta in here. This is definitely OK to make thread status.

When in doubt think about how broad of a topic we're discussing. If you think it's too centralized on a single idea and one that doesn't really open any room for discussion (or very little) make it a broader topic that you can throw yours into.

Or you know. Just make the thread and see if I merge it into something else. I'll keep an eye on this subforum's infancy.

I don't think we need a thread per champ, that'll never end lol.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I doubt people will make one per champ. Couldn't hurt to see it for the popular champs though and then ones for certain roles.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

It's fine as long as it's in-depth and something current meta for a popular champ.

I swear to god if you make some stupid champ with no information I will kick your ass so hard you'll kiss the moon.

And like Tyrath said, I doubt someone's going to run around making a post on every champion. I'm not worried about it.

My point is doing it for roles is better. Doing it per champ is silly because they will eventually fall from where they're at. LB Kha etc.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If someone wants to take the effort to keep a champ thread in-depth and updated, why stop them though? As long as its informative and detailed it should be fine regardless of whether it's champ or role specific.

I think the point Mina is making that it's not restricted to either or at the moment. People can do whichever.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

only thing I do want to stress is the hope that people are friendly and helpful to newer players who might venture into here. More people = more content, and more content is always good

Can we unlock the other thread as a general thread? A bitch and moan thread?

In the mean time, not sure why the casseopeia derided my entire team the whole game. Claimed I wasn't fulfilling my role as support. I know KDA and items don't give you the whole story, but I stuck with the group and provided great ward coverage on top of coming up with some clutch saves. She carried, or at least did well, the team but I feel like it wasn't warranted.

Spoiler: show

I kinda think an accomplishment/circle jerk each other thread might be warranted as all the other gaming forums have one, but there's not that many league accomplishments other than going up a division in ranked.

but for now I'll post this here: Fuck yeeeahhhhhh

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Grats man.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Nice.

Welcome to hell! We should duo :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Welcome to hell! We should duo :D
    For sure, both on duoing and the hell hole. I lost 8 or 9 of my promotions and was placed in silver 4....and I can say with confidence that diamond 5 has some of the worst most toxic players in it...I dropped from plat 1 to plat 2 three times because of shit diamond 5 players....

I actually LOST diamond once already lol.

jeeze that sucks, how many games at 0 lp did that take and what division were your team mates/enemies?

I don't remember off the top of my head, I get into bad strings lately due to either me playing like shit or my team playing like shit. But I think it was close to 6 or 7. I was against P1 and P2 people.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I actually LOST diamond once already lol.
    You lost diamond? I thought you could only do that if your MMR dropped to Gold (a whole tier below your current ranking)?

Nope. I was still plat tier.