+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There are a lot of rumours around EGs lineup.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    There are a lot of rumours around EGs lineup.
    Yeah, even though some of these changes are breaking up some teams, I think that overall the NA scene is getting a lot stronger. C9 still #1 though.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

How is NA getting stronger? In the end it may be true, but seems like a hard call to make right now. CRS, C9 and TSM are the only rosters we know. CRS improved, should they iron out communication with Piglet. C9 stayed the same, so we know what to expect there, and it likely isn't marked improvement. TSM swapped junglers, which I'm not sure how that will play out for them. Is CLG stronger now? How about DIG and LMQ? EG? Some of those rosters have more vacancies than signed players right now.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, Curse aside I felt like NA looks a lot weaker this season - most of lmq is gone, it won't be a powerhouse anymore, TSM have to sign an untested jungler unless they bring oddone back, dig lolwtfacaust happened there. Clg is clg.
    I think some of the new teams will be fun/interesting to watch, but I don't see NA as a region being stronger as a whole.

If you look at last season, it was basically c9/tsm vs a bunch of retards throwing games.

That last line made me laugh.

Again, I just hope Hai moves to a support role mid. That way he can better multitask and make his calls while not focusing on such a micro champion like Zed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yeah, Curse aside I felt like NA looks a lot weaker this season - most of lmq is gone, it won't be a powerhouse anymore, TSM have to sign an untested jungler unless they bring oddone back, dig lolwtfacaust happened there. Clg is clg.
    I think some of the new teams will be fun/interesting to watch, but I don't see NA as a region being stronger as a whole.

If you look at last season, it was basically c9/tsm vs a bunch of retards throwing games.
    First, I think there are structural improvements on all teams. This is no longer the "hey, have fun" league, these teams are taking this shit seriously. Only two teams really did that last season. You can see this improvement in professionalism in almost every team. C9 and TSM already were heading that direction, now CLG, CRS, EG and CoL are taking this route. This is going to elevate all teams.

My individual assessment of the teams, and this is based on some rumors that I think will come to fruition.

C9 - Their worlds experience has shown they are a world class team that still needs improvement. As opposed to TSM who I believe is tapped out on talent except at jungle, C9 has shown that even while generally dominating NA that they are willing and able to rise to another level. I believe they will be completely dominant again in NA.

TSM - They can't get worse, because as we all know my feelings, their jungler was bottom teir. Santorin is an upgrade even if it is a small one. I expect them to take second.

LMQ - Who knows, this will be the exception to the NA scene, BUT their effect has already been felt and if certain WW2 Russian sniper fills the role of a certain well-endowed stoner, then another team could greatly improve. The major loss would be if WXW goes back to China.

Curse - Undoubtedly the team to watch in the next season. They were sky rocketing at the end of the season and adding Piglet is going to make them a huge force. I think they could pass TSM for second, but it would be an outside chance.

EG - It really depends on the finally roster, but Altec and Pobelter are now great and show a lot of "potential". Losing Krepo is a huge blow though, and Innox probably needs to be replaced. That could all change if Pobelter moves...

CLG - If you can't look at the improvements that CLG is making then you are just being a fanboy. Even with all the criticism of Liftlift, he and Aphro are still a dominant bot lane. I have no idea who the new jungler is, but if the rumors of Pobelter and Zion to CLG are true, this is a powerhouse team.

DIG - I believe this team will benefit the most with the injection of professionalism into the NA scene. Picking up Vasilli would be huge, as Qt was below par for an ADC. Losing Zion would be tough and Kiwi is still garbage tier, but has shown moments of brilliance in all that trash. I am least sure about how this team will do.

Team 8 - Trash tier.

My wish list for expansion teams - Fusion and Curse Academy. Both teams have incredibly strong pro-level talent and some good young blood. Other teams that could still perform decently if they got in include LoLPro and CoL.black.

In conclusion, the reason I think NA will be better is because of structural improvements, not just talent, but there is a bunch of good new talent coming in to boot.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

What is so hard about letting teams actually fill their rosters before proclaiming them better or worse? I mean, you've listed Pobelter as being a positive thing for two different teams. I get it, it's fun to think about what moves could potentially happen, but please frame it that way. There's simply too many unknowns right now to make claims about the strength of individual teams or the region (any region really) at this point.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

This is kinda why I want the feet shuffling to end before I start looking into all of this. I do appreciate all the info dumps on the changes but I'm having a hard time keeping up and would rather wait until everything is finalized.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I watch Pobelter in solo queue games laaate at night when I'm working on sleeping, so it'll be cool to see em play on a real team for once (in my history of following league - I don't know or care what people did before I started following).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    What is so hard about letting teams actually fill their rosters before proclaiming them better or worse? I mean, you've listed Pobelter as being a positive thing for two different teams. I get it, it's fun to think about what moves could potentially happen, but please frame it that way. There's simply too many unknowns right now to make claims about the strength of individual teams or the region (any region really) at this point.
    I did frame it that way. I even said that it could all change if Pobelter moves.

It's just freaking speculation, its the off-season. What else are we supposed to do? I am sorry I offended your sensibilities by giving my thoughts and how I think the scene is going to develop. :facepalm

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This is an unconfirmed rumor, and there are several problems with it (like they would lose their LCS spot and the lock for the EU expansion tournament is in 3 days) but it is being reported that xPeke, Cyanide and sOAZ are leaving Fnatic to start their own team with Mithy and Tabzz or Niels.

I am heavily leaning toward fake on this one, but it's pretty big news so wanted to pass it on.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Nah, I'm not really upset that you are coming up with anything nor upset with the info dumps... I just don't really feel like formulating my own opinions or thoughts on any team or really the overall scene until the feet shuffling stop.

Only opinion I have is aphromoo is still a god damned amazing support and I wanna watch him play ;-;

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The expansion tourney is gonna be fun to watch, because there are a lot of spots to fill in LMQ, whoever the best is that didn't make it might well be heading in that direction ( if lmq don't fold and 3rd place in expansion gets in instead ).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The expansion tourney is gonna be fun to watch, because there are a lot of spots to fill in LMQ, whoever the best is that didn't make it might well be heading in that direction ( if lmq don't fold and 3rd place in expansion gets in instead ).
    I doubt that LMQ is going to fold completely. The spot is owned by the team so there is no 3/5 rule for them to worry about. But I agree there are some really good teams up for the expansion tournament.

In other news the Daily Dot confirms that something is going down with Fnatic. http://www.dailydot.com/esports/xpeke-fnatic-rekkles/

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Not a surprise at this point, but Zion to CLG is official.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So it's confirmed Rekkles is replacing tabbz at alliance, and SK also announced their roster, as a much stronger team:

- UK Simon 'fredy122' Payne
    - DK Dennis 'Svenskeren' Johnsen
    - SE Hampus 'Fox' Myhre
    - GR Konstantinos 'FORG1VEN' Tzortziou
    - DE Christoph 'nRated' Seitz

If they keep the same objective control ability + stronger lanes, they are a much scarier team, and watdefox is way stronger than jesiz was ( ahri/ziggs only cmon lol ).

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Kinda fits here: Joe "Just call me Joe" Miller and Leigh "I can not believe this" "Deman" Smith leave Riot to join ESL and stay in Cologne, Joe as new Editor in Chief. Breaks my heart, they were probably the best casting duo overall and leave a big hole in the EU caster team. On the bright side I may watch some other esport games when they are casting and Riot could/should get Krepo as EU LCS color caster now.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I dunno if I can take any more of quickshot casting.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Kinda fits here: Joe "I can not believe this" Miller and Deman leave Riot to join ESL and stay in Cologne, Joe as new Editor in Chief. Breaks my heart, they were probably the best casting duo overall and leave a big hole in the EU caster team. On the bright side I may watch some other esport games when they are casting and Riot could/should get Krepo as EU LCS color caster now.
    Pretty much never watching EU again. The rest of the team is terrible.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm looking forward to the lan expansion tourney games. Should be really interesting.