+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Never seen a fed Kass this useless. Then, there wasn't a single Frozen Heart vs 2 ADC. Wickd's builds as questionable throughout the games, but it doesn't matter if you have Froggen and Tabzz to hard carry you. Anyway, I still see SK winning over ROC because the seem to have a better understand of macro strategies. ROC is mostly building on a early game lead and then herpderp around, only winning if the other team fucks up.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

EU finals about to start. This should be disappointing after OGN finals last night.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Not sure where to put LPL stuff, so I guess here is ok. The second semi-final starts in about 10 minutes. OMG vs. Star Horn Royal Club. This matchup really interests me, because OMG is sort of falling behind the meta as more Chinese teams adopt more of the style used in other regions. SHRC started out terribly, but have been on fire lately. InSec has been going ham, which I love. Winner of this set faces EDG in the finals.

EDIT: English stream for LPL
    http://www.twitch.tv/lplen

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

EU moves to Berlin.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Where is CLG moving after curse beats them?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Where is CLG moving after curse beats them?
    Brazil

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    LPL
    I watched some of those during my lunch break, when it looked like SHRC will just stomp through. Turned out differently, guess they got the Insec curse with Insec along. The games also were strange. I expected HAM plays but both teams made so many mistakes and looked lost on macro strategies. Really hard to tell how strong they can show up at Worlds.

Today is EDG vs OMG and I can see why EDG won first split and is on first place once again. While they also play quite aggressiv, they understand the value of objectives vs kills and play more patient. At least in the first game.

The english coverage also became a lot better from when they started. Still a long way from LCS quality but it's quite bearable now. There's also this cool feature from the LPL chinese stream, which let's you watch the game from every player's POV:

all the player's point of view is streamed and commentated individually on top of the spectator view. http://star.tga.plu.cn/lpl?from=livetuijian on the right side you see all the names of the players and if you click on their names it will redirect you to the POV stream of said player. it is very interesting in terms of seeing their field of vision and how they approach the game.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

OMG vs EDG finals has been much closer than I expected. EDG is so damn fun to watch. Their macro strategy is lacking, and their play seems one dimensional (feed NaMei, protect NaMei). On the other hand, NaMei is so incredibly talented that I can see them stomping out some 25 minute games if they secure a spot at worlds.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

SK, ALL and FNC bootcamping in Korea

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Every day I get more and more engrossed in the LPL's BO5 double-elim playoffs. Losers finals going on now between OMG and SHRC in a rematch of their first round meeting. SHRC got up 2-0 in the first series before OMG ran it back to win 3-2. Yesterday SHRC swept LGD to move into losers finals, and OMG got bopped 3-1 by EDG a couple days ago. It's been this crazy week long gauntlet for the players, and it's creating some fascinating games and series.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Every day I get more and more engrossed in the LPL's BO5 double-elim playoffs. Losers finals going on now between OMG and SHRC in a rematch of their first round meeting. SHRC got up 2-0 in the first series before OMG ran it back to win 3-2. Yesterday SHRC swept LGD to move into losers finals, and OMG got bopped 3-1 by EDG a couple days ago. It's been this crazy week long gauntlet for the players, and it's creating some fascinating games and series.

I was talking about LPL in chat the other day, their qualifying format ensures currently strong chinese teams make worlds, as opposed to the shitty way korea works on points.

EU/NA method isnt bad.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Strat: Pick Dog. Let Dog farm. Dog wins game.

2 rules for anyone who ever is starting to play league: 1. don't chase behind singed poison. 2. don't take a game to 55 minutes when you are against a nasus.

Game 2 though that fucking ring around the rosy starting at baron > going to mid > going to dig's red > going to baron > going to tsm blue was the craziest thing I've ever seen.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The entire series for the LPL grand finals was shorter than some of the individual games in the TSM vs. DIG series.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

EDG winning spring and summer punches their ticket to worlds.
    They are clearly a big cut above the rest of the chinese teams and I think they will beat any NA team in a bo5, and will be competitive vs some of the korean teams.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Twitch Kog locked in for CLG

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I expected curse to win but I was a bit surprised it was 3-0.

BG Level

Felt like game 1 should've been CLG's win, if Link could actually play Kog and thus CLG had properly sieged. Seraph was finally able to 1v1 Quas at the very end, so his split push wasn't as impactful as before. Game 2 was full counter logic with the late game comp going HAM early game. Those full ADC bans didn't help either.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

CLG had a very short window to win game 1 w/ baron buff, they were behind the whole game. Their comp was flat out terrible for directly sieging if they were even though, they had no hard engage - because they took kog and nunu.

Game 2 the same thing, they let curse have nidalee and then didn't pick something that could respond. So with their hyperscaling Ryze they decided to contest objectives instead of just trading for turrets and generally avoiding fights to get to lategame where Ryze kicks in.
    The Team8 match after showed how to deal with it, they picked something that could win that matchup.

Game 3 they were on tilt already and it didn't matter.

I honestly feel like they have the players to be top 3 NA, but they have braindead management, and poor decision making outside the game, in picks and bans and how to play the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast