+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: OGN Champions Summer 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Can they switch Bengi into S without losing their OGN spot for K? It's 3 of 5 but I have no idea if that counts for teams under the same organisation.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Can they switch Bengi into S without loosing their OGN spot for K? It's 3 of 5 but I have no idea if that counts for teams under the same organisation.
    I believe it's for teams. If they were to move Bengi, they would lose K's spot in Champions. They would be able to earn it back by playing in the qualifiers if they want to try and go that way. I forget which team it was, but for either Champions Winter or Spring there was an extra spot open via qualifiers because one team made too many roster swaps. You'd have to think that Impact + Faker would be enough to carry almost anyone past the bulk of the NLB teams that will be in qualifiers too. Of course, they could keep Bengi and their Champions spot, and it would be a moot point.

BG Level

SKT joins the Azubu streaming deal: http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/...19103&site=lol

10월 1일 오후 6시 30분부터 T1 S의 이지훈(Eazyhoon), 장경환(Marin), 배준식(Bang), 이재완(Wolf)선수, 10월 2일 새벽 1시부터 T1 K의 이상혁(Faker), 배성웅(Bengi), 정언영(Impact)선수의 솔로 랭크 게임 방송을 아주부TV를 통해 시청할 수 있다.
    SKT T1 S(Eazyhoon Marin Bang Wolf) starts first Oct 1st 6PM in korean time (2am LA time)
    and
    SKT T1 K(Faker Bengi Impact) starts OCT 2nd 1AM in korean time (9AM LA time)

BG Level

In case you missed the most talked about subject in the past 24hrs on reddit: Kakao and Rookie are going to China. First rumors were that they join SHRC/LMQ, but now it looks like they both go to LGD, as it apparently was confirmed on some stream.

Since it fits the subject, the original owner of Royal/LMQ reclaims ownership of both teams again. Rumor is, that LMQ without XWX/NoName will rejoin LPL. Another rumor says XWX denied that and they all are preping for S5 in NA.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

That LMQ rumor was spun out of the Tien Ci re-take-over, but it doesn't have any substantiation besides the XWX and Noname mistranslation about them not playing next session.

BG Level

Looks like KeSPA/OGN will restrict OGN to one team per organisation. No official confirmation yet.

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Farstriders

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Looks like KeSPA/OGN will restrict OGN to one team per organisation. No official confirmation yet.
    I think that OGN saw the writing on the wall, and decided that the short term hit to the teams involved is not as bad as the long term problems with the current OGN format.

BG Level

This is potentially big: Mata removed the Samsung White part from his Account name and is streaming right now on Twitch. Since all KeSPA teams are bound by contract to stream on Azubu, he seems to be a free agent. Now which EU/NA/CN team needs a World Champion SUP? ALL should drop Nyph and get him to create the scarriest botlane in the world: Rekkles/Mata. Too bad Froggen already denied getting any Korean.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think he'd change his mind if they could get mata

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

He made a post on his facebook saying that he isn't sure if he wants to be a full time streamer, or get his military service done. He is leaning towards streaming, but he really hasn't made up his mind. The most interesting part for me was where he said that he achieved his goal of becoming famous and winning a championship, but he still feels strongly about wanting his name to become even bigger. Seems like he hasn't ruled out joining another team, despite not listing it as one of his two main thoughts about his immediate future.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

LCS for korea, no more ogn?

Korea could support a 12-16 team lcs, but it's gonna be 8, seems dumb.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

The whole thing seems backwards. I understand big sponsors pushing for a longer format of guaranteed matches for their brand, as that was the impetus for the Masters league earlier this year. I don't understand anything else about this. Organizations can have one team, but 10 players which can compete simultaneously is a upper and lower league? That's basically two teams under one organization, except the 5 players stuck in the lower league aren't likely to improve at the same rate as before, and won't be around to push the higher tier teams to improve themselves. After all, let's not forget that SKT K, KT B, and CJ Blaze were all "second" teams in their organization.

As a quick final point, this effectively squashes the amateur scene. Between both leagues there will be two spots for non-Kespa teams, same as Champions (although every Kespa team only qualified in the same season one time.) Unless there is some way that NLB will continue with teams from the two leagues dropping down, amateur teams are going to be totally isolated like they are in the West. For every Cloud 9 there are a handful of Velocities, so we know how this system does effectively nothing to promote the health and progression of amateur teams.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    LCS for korea, no more ogn?

Korea could support a 12-16 team lcs, but it's gonna be 8, seems dumb.
    It sounds like they are going to run two leagues, so OGN and NLB, but that is just how it sounds to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7