+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGN Champions Summer 2014     submit to reddit submit to twitter

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

OGN Champions Summer 2014

Start: 18th june
    Times: Always 03:00 (PDT), 06:00 (EDT), 11:00 (CET), 19:00 (KST) for the first match and 04:30 (PDT), 07:30 (EDT), 12:30 (CET), 20:30 (KST) for the second.
    Where: www.twitch.tv/ongamenet (subscribe for HD and archives). The subscription pays the english coverage (Monte/Doa/Chobra). Official korean Youtube VOD: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gapIjA-zUAGHIL.
    Format: The teams will play a round robin format, a best of two, 1 point when it ends in a draw, 3 points when it ends in a win. The top two teams advance to the bracket stage. Bracket stage/finals is best of five.
    Groups:
    Spoiler: show

- Samsung White is the renamed Samsung Ozone

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

It's the first season where all seven KESPA teams have gotten both rosters into Champions. MKZ, one of the two amateur teams, is basically IM rejects. Thankfully there is still NLB, but the recent Champions qualifiers showed a widening gap between the KESPA teams and amateurs.

Anyway, things I'm looking forward to for this season include Betkyo's hair and KT B with that jungle Eeyore.

BG Level

Line-up for this Week:

Wednesday
    Group A: SSG Blue vs IM#1
    Group B: KTB vs NJBS

Friday
    Group C: SSG White vs SKT T1 S
    Group D: KTA vs JAS

Looks like only KTB vs NJBS will be interesting, the others should be clear victories by the favourites.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Shitty timing. It's 1st semester finals week here. I have tests left on Thursday and Friday, so I won't have time to watch the opening day ㅠㅠ

BG Level

It has begun! hype hype! DoA and Chobra casting since Monte is on vacation.

Good first game. SSG Blue goes with a pure pick comb, gets early lead and never let go.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

IM got destroyed.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Turns out there's a new English HD stream that doesn't require subscription. I've never heard of hitbox.tv, so I have no idea if it will have VODs or a restream though.

http://www.hitbox.tv/ongamenet

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hitbox is the relaunch of own3d.tv, same scummy owners.
    Still, free hd stream is free.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Jungle Eeyore time. Let's goooooo

EDIT: Benedict Ryu

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Watching OGN then watching NA/EU LCS is just hilarious.

The level is just so much higher.

Not quite as bad as korean SC2 compared to foreign sc2, but still pretty sad.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Anyone have a VOD for this? It was way too early for me today.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Save yourself some time, and watch this instead. Pretty accurate summary

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I thought KTB was better than that. They got rolled.

BG Level

Didn't know that NJBS is basically an all new team, impressive performance. That 2nd SSG Blue vs IM#2 game tho.....

BG Level

Allright, let's see if SKT T1 S can put up a fight or follow IM's path (please no, have mercy).

SKT T1 S need to work on their teamfights. Such a nice comb but couldn't do much with it. Meanwhile SSG White kicks and grabs them into Shockwaves followed by Headshot. Perma bann Thresh for Mata too, I feel like he finally succeeded Madlife.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Finally? Mata has been better than Madlife since season 4 started. His only competition for awhile was Mandu during Champions Winter, but there's no doubt that Mata is the best support in Korea.

I didn't get to much of the first game except a couple of minutes looking over some kid's shoulder on the subway. This second game is classic White though. Getting overconfident against a team they know they should beat, and going balls deep every play. To S's credit, they were patient when they needed to be, and sandbagged a little bit to bait White into giving up a bigger lead. I really like this team when they play this way (see: Blaze vs. S from Masters), but they are so wildly inconsistent.

EDIT: Did some LPL team show up dressed as KT Arrows today? Holy lord this aggression

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Interesting games, I'm just wondering why when korea shows time after time how strong nami is that EU/NA don't play it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Interesting games, I'm just wondering why when korea shows time after time how strong nami is that EU/NA don't play it.
    I think there are only a few western supports that have the patience to play Nami properly. You can't just toss out Q, you have to wait and hold it for a time where it can't be dodged. I would love to see a comparison of hit percentage with Nami's Q by region.

BG Level

SKT T1 K repeated SSG Blue and schooled IM#2. Happy how onpoint ManDu was in the 2nd game, rightfully got him MVP. He and Bengi slumped the hardest during spring IMHO. Also Faker with the kill during the 1 vs 3 chase. SSG Blue vs SKT T1 K gonna be semi/final quality game.

BG Level

OGN now puts up all korean VODs on their Youtube channel in 720p: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gapIjA-zUAGHIL. Maybe they do the same with the english ones later. All usual YT VOD channels were recently hit by CJ E&M issuing copyright strikes.

Today is all about CJ vs Challengers although MKZ consists mostly of former IM members. No clue about BigFile Miracle, how strong are they? Also there will be a best of 3, 1v1, Faker vs Dade on the 30th at 6pm KST. It's probably (Reddit isn't sure) only streamed through the SKT T LoL app but I expect a VOD to pop up soon after. Rules are the same as in All-Stars (100CS/First Blood/First Tower).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast