+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Just installed this yesterday and played a few matches against AI last night. A lot going on haha. Am I way too late to start up? Guess I'll find out when I step foot in pvp area.
    Add me (ringthree) and I will do some AI matches with you. I can walk you through the easy stuff. You might want to add Aurara, Gryffes and Dantragk too, but you will need to get their NA screen names.

Actually, this is a great time to start playing. They JUST released the Season 5 pre-season and everyone has to relearn quite a bit. You are going to be in a better situation than a lot of people that will need to adjust.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Not too late at all, stick with AI matches for a while until you figure out what's going on, then start playing vs people.

Also, don't queue with friends that are lvl 30 or smurfing to help you, there is smurf detection and you will be playing vs much more skilled players than if you just soloqueue.
    You can duo in AI games though and Dan is right, just stick to that until you can beat the AI without much trouble.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's funny because the gap between a low diamond, and a high diamond is huge, and the gap between high diamond and challenger is massive as well.

Plat/Gold are closer in skill level than low diamond/high diamond.
    Hell, Gold and low diamond are closer than low diamond and high diamond. Sometimes in team builder you get weird pairings if it is taking too long to build a game, and low diamond players still have horrible decision making. I have just found them to have much better mechanics.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Add me (ringthree) and I will do some AI matches with you. I can walk you through the easy stuff. You might want to add Aurara, Gryffes and Dantragk too, but you will need to get their NA screen names.

Actually, this is a great time to start playing. They JUST released the Season 5 pre-season and everyone has to relearn quite a bit. You are going to be in a better situation than a lot of people that will need to adjust.
    Yes, god forbid you add me! I'm an active member of this thread too you inconsiderate... im just kidding.

But feel free to add me too, screen name is hichenchuuchuu

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Not too late at all, stick with AI matches for a while until you figure out what's going on, then start playing vs people.

Also, don't queue with friends that are lvl 30 or smurfing to help you, there is smurf detection and you will be playing vs much more skilled players than if you just soloqueue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Also don't solo queue until level 6+ preferably 10+. People smurf until level 5(or at least they used to). Just try the different game modes and goof around. Don't get discouraged. If you want to play it then play it. Sometimes the best thing to do is mute people. I started playing in the middle of season 1(season 5 is starting next year). I was Bronze in season one then gold in 2 then plat in 3 and finally diamond in 4. It takes time to get good at this game(for most people, some people can pick it up fast.). But it's still hella fun for me.
    Thanks guys will def take your advice.

And I'll add you ringthree and others for sure.

I agree. Even on my alt I was having an issue getting out of Plat. I got to plat easy as fk though. But getting past P5 was hell. Probably because I waited so long.

You can add me as well if you want.

What characters do you like so far?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
    Yes, god forbid you add me! I'm an active member of this thread too you inconsiderate... im just kidding.

But feel free to add me too, screen name is hichenchuuchuu
    I need to add you too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It'll be interesting to see how the implementation of Master changes all of the inequalities.

How did new tiers change previous seasons? I joined towards the middle of S4 and got to Silver, so don't know much about previous seasons.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Name is Kosher Dubstep. I have another low lvl account called Kosher Wubstep you can also add!

If you don't mind spending a little cash on the game I suggest buying IP boosts. They make buying runes MUCH easier. Don't spend any IP on low level runes. Save up for tier 3. Might make the game hell for a little bit but you'll be thankful later.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

You can add me as well if you want.

What characters do you like so far?
    Im actually having trouble figuring out how to add you guys. Not sure if it's related to "Logging on to Chat Service..." being stuck at the bottom of the menu? When I click on what I think would be friends button nothing happens.

So far I've had the most fun with Kha' Zix, I did the best with him, but I also had fun with Lissandra too. I've quite literally only played 5-6 AI matches so I haven't gotten to try them all.

Edit: NVM reloaded client, fixed the friends thing. Oh my name is Leftover Chicken. lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you don't mind spending a little cash on the game I suggest buying IP boosts. They make buying runes MUCH easier. Don't spend any IP on low level runes. Save up for tier 3. Might make the game hell for a little bit but you'll be thankful later.
    100% this once you hit level 20 getting that Tier 3 rune makes the game a little more in your favor (to other people leveling) once you've got the hang of one role change to another (i can play all but ADC to a Gold skill level, My Adcing skill is Wood 6 at best) once your decent at roles, play a champion for 10-20 games so your aware of what they can/can't do, learn if there an early late or mid game champion, once you start playing with friends (late 20's to pre-ranking) learn combo's (Yasuo Central Mid builders used to be common place but you don't see him been played as much these days) But Remember It's A Game That Will Annoy As Much A Entertain

Just keep playing them all as they come up and find which ones you like. Once you figure that out let me know and I can help you with some of the finer points.

But for now I want you to focus on two things mainly 1) Always glance at your mini-map. While mostly useless in AI games you need to make a habit of it now. 2) Try to last hit minions. This gives you your largest gold increase throughout the game. Try to get mid if you can to practice. Some champs you only auto for last hitting, some you can use skills due to low mana costs.

Also if you want something a little chaotic but fun do ARAM. Can be one way to see how your champ does with more items and higher level quicker. But there's a bigger focus on team fighting so it can get rough.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Also, may have been said already but dont even buy runes pre level 20. Either save IP for champs or Tier runes.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tier 1 runes are actually fine, it's just the tier 2 ones that are a total noob trap.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

meh, at that level you should focus on getting a decent hero pool imo.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For 18 tier 1 runes it costs under 300ip, it's well worth the investment.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

WTF is up with the servers at the moment?!

For 18 tier 1 runes it costs under 300ip, it's well worth the investment.
    Yeah, but you hardly unlock any slots while you level anyways so...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag