FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

League of Legends - General Talk

Don't have anything worthy of a new thread and just wanna talk about league? Post in here. Try to keep the talk strictly to things that don't belong in any other thread.

Pro Talk: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/121...gue-discussion

Dominion Discussion: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/121...ominion-thread

Cool League Vids: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/121555-Plays-Vids

LCS Fantasy League: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/121...gue-Discussion

Random Champion Discussion: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/121...ion-Discussion

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Minor nuisance, but is there any reason for the "League of Legends" prefix on all those threads? I mean now that we have this subforum.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Nope I just like being redundant. Actually I just do it cause some people are lazy when they look at the "newest posts" and also when the chat updates it doesn't say the subforums.

[16:14:27] Mina: f. shoryked myself
    [16:14:45] Tyrath: owned
    [16:14:47] New Post by Mina in : League of Legends - General Talk

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Actually I just do it cause some people are lazy when they look at the "newest posts" and also when the chat updates it doesn't say the subforums.
    I actually appreciate this. I often find myself accidentally wandering into Diablio shit I don't care about.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anyone having lag spikes today? Seems last couple days the servers have been incredibly iffy with some providers.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lilswitche View Post
    Anyone having lag spikes today? Seems last couple days the servers have been incredibly iffy with some providers.
    I saw a thread about this on reddit, apparently there is some problem in the midwest that is causing east coast people to have higher ping and lag spikes.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I saw that thread, and some east coast dudes complaining about having a ping around 170. Logged into my NA account for the hell of it from Korea... 140 ping. I get a better connection to NA servers from Busan than I would if I was still home in RI. As if I needed more reasons to stay here.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I really don't think there will be enough discussion about LPL to make a new thread, so I guess I'll put any interesting LPL news here. LPL's summer season starts tonight with iG vs. Young Glory (which I won't be watching), followed by OMG vs. EDG (will be watching). A handful of Korean players and coaches have made the short plane trip over to China for this season including Ninja, InSec, Hiro and Zero. OMG has their old lineup back with Cool in the midlane instead of Xiyang. EDG maintains the same lineup that helped them win LPL spring. Overall, should be some interesting LOL if for no other reason than China's own wacky meta.

On a final note, there is an English stream for LPL this season. I'm not sure who the commentators will be, or if they will just be talking over the Chinese stream like those Australian dudes used to do. I also don't know if there will be official VODs up, but Chinese VODs almost never get pulled off YouTube. Anyway, it's up right now at http://www.twitch.tv/gamesinasia

EDIT: Just dudes casting over the Chinese stream over Skype, so that kinda sucks. On the other hand, EDG picked support LeBlanc in the first game. Never change, China. Never change.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The girl commentating LPL actually was pretty solid. Apparently next week they get their own stream and don't have to talk over the chinese commentators. so that might be nice.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I agree. Technical issues aside, I was really impressed by the casters. Way better than the shoddy attempts at English casts for NLB, or the old Australian casts of LPL games.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This is currently the best place for this:

Is this game worth picking up as a new player? I play a lot of HoN and HotS and with game being so popular on BG and obviously having a larger community/playerbase it's always interested me. But I know the community, especially in pubs, can be utter shit (but that's all mobas really). Is it worth picking up from scratch though?

And how long are the matches? I hate when games go 45min.

It's tough but I can't say for sure. Level 1-5 sucks due to all the smurfs. But the community does suck ass unless you do the other play modes(which don't take too long).

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Might as well try it since it's "free". The initial grind will suck especially if you want to pick up champs/runes without paying. Also, play with friends as much as possible to circumvent the community. Match length is variable. I want to say 30 min avg, but that's just pulled out of my ass.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    This is currently the best place for this:

Is this game worth picking up as a new player? I play a lot of HoN and HotS and with game being so popular on BG and obviously having a larger community/playerbase it's always interested me. But I know the community, especially in pubs, can be utter shit (but that's all mobas really). Is it worth picking up from scratch though?

And how long are the matches? I hate when games go 45min.
    the grind kinda blows but it's fun doing it for the first time, getting to like level 15 will be miserable just because of all the toxic smurfs. games rarely go 45 minutes, probably 1 in 10 of mine go longer than 40

Just play every mode but PVP 5v5 and you'll be ok.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Just play every mode but PVP 5v5 and you'll be ok.
    Sums up LoL imo :D

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Do some bot games early to get a feel for the gameplay (I think I did AI up to 6 or 7). If you play with lvl30 friends you will get lvl30 opponents so be careful of that. You can always have friends smurf with you as well (but that's what people don't like).

But yea I started playing competitively earlier this season (started pre season 3 sparingly) and it really doesn't take long to get into the game or become skilled.

ARAM (All Random All Middle) is a real simple and fast game mode that doesn't really require strategy like the 5v5 and 3v3 modes. Those games can avg 17min. Great way to boost IP and XP in as little time as possible. Just save up your IP for runes when you are level 20 and buy some of the cheaper champs using IP to start. You get free champs every week that rotate so you can try out a lot of different roles without having to spend a lot of cash/IP to obtain them.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Anyone generally play between 7 and 10PM? I would like to get some games in, don't care if ranked or normals. I am Silver V right now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Do some bot games early to get a feel for the gameplay (I think I did AI up to 6 or 7). If you play with lvl30 friends you will get lvl30 opponents so be careful of that. You can always have friends smurf with you as well (but that's what people don't like).

But yea I started playing competitively earlier this season (started pre season 3 sparingly) and it really doesn't take long to get into the game or become skilled.

ARAM (All Random All Middle) is a real simple and fast game mode that doesn't really require strategy like the 5v5 and 3v3 modes. Those games can avg 17min. Great way to boost IP and XP in as little time as possible. Just save up your IP for runes when you are level 20 and buy some of the cheaper champs using IP to start. You get free champs every week that rotate so you can try out a lot of different roles without having to spend a lot of cash/IP to obtain them.
    Honestly, I would just start playing standard 5v5 as soon as possible so you can learn the map and the tricks, plus the meta.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

That's all I ever did ever since lvl 10 with occasional ARAMs when I'm on a bad streak. Bot games on Summoner's Rift is good for learning the map without pissing off your team since everyone is so self-righteous.

I play evenings most nights, as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag