Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I thought they alluded that the +10 on Ergon Club was a +10% multiplier to whatever the base effect was. Not sure if its an additive +10% or multiplicative +10% though. For a mythic, it ought to be additive!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They never said what Geomancy +10 did just that it wasn't Geomancy Skill +10

They hinted that Akamochi might be m.acc

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If it's not +10 Skill, I would assume it's +10%. Regen Potency+ 10 on Bolelabunga is +10%, Jump +22 on Vishap Greaves is +22%, etc.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Crafting mats only go up to 50 it seems. So much for getting beyond 64 on GS.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

10% would be trash though. +0.5 refresh, +3 regen, +3ish MAB, etc. If they're wanting to equal out the enhancing jobs like they said, then it's a straight +10, or more likely, +10 tiers.

Also wow @ HPB boxes already. I figured they'd save that for another update, to give yet another incentive to do WKRs. Tacked on with people spamming em for KIs to aug...gonna be pretty easy to finish up quick if they give at least a decent amount. Wonder just how much "an overflowing amount" is.

Also, Mog Gardens at the "final rank" of 7. Hope it gives some good shit!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If new mochi is m.acc, that would entail that it gives player m.acc too(but a larger bonus to pets). A bit awkward for pet jobs since really only SMN can benefit from it. Seems more likely to be MAB given the nature of 'dessert/Sweets' foods and their relation to INT/MAB, and MAB being a more useful stat for SMN than M.acc I think?

I suppose that's true Malithar but damn with BRD having a monopoly on haste buffs, hard to see GEO and COR coming close, though most 6 man groups have 2 supports either 2x BRD or BRD/COR or BRD/GEO. Would like to see SMN be an acceptible support if they could speed up tier increases on Favor and allow SMN to favor without gimping their dmg. Maybe give a different penalty like increased MP cost on BPs under favor for balance, since Favors at max potency are about as good as an 11 roll and never wear off.

HP Boxes will probably be like 30-50 I'd say.Alexes were up to 99 but they were from 1-3x per day instances that required a party under a time limit and the quota was 30,000. Fewer HP's are required for Ergon weapons than Alexes are for Mythic and if they come from WKR, there should be a decent amount of them. I see them being rarer considering we only get what like 2-4 drops from WKR with 2 usually being a piece of 105/115equipment and the other two being a cape/ring or pluton/beitetsu/riftworn?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Hmmm based on the update notes the enmity spells don't sound like they will be that great giving the really low recast... also skillchains are unresistable!?!
    As it was already said in other threads: if all these spells do is increase the speed at which enmity is gained (kinda like a hidden +enmity bonus, or -enmity for NIN) they're gonna be kinda useless, especially for RUN but I'd dare to say PLD too.
    For NIN they could have some use I guess.
    It remains to be seen how long they last. Hope a reasonable amount of time 'cause I don't really want to be spamming those spells every 60 seconds.
    Wonder what kind of magic skill they will fall into. Enhancing? Divine?

If they give special effects (reduce the rate at which enmity is lost could be slightly more useful, but what would make a real difference is if they raise the maximum enmity cap) then things will be different of course.
    The latter seems too good to be true though, doubt it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Crafting mats only go up to 50 it seems. So much for getting beyond 64 on GS.
    I feel like they said later levels will come eventually, but just how far they intend to take it is a mystery. Would be surprised if they break 100, personally, even if leveling after that sounds like a bitch depending on craft.

Meanwhile, I can't figure out why people are hoping for PLD/NIN/RUN being able to break enmity caps. I understand the system is shit, but pretty much making it so DDs/Healers would never yoink hate again is broken in another way.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    If new mochi is m.acc, that would entail that it gives player m.acc too(but a larger bonus to pets). A bit awkward for pet jobs since really only SMN can benefit from it. Seems more likely to be MAB given the nature of 'dessert/Sweets' foods and their relation to INT/MAB, and MAB being a more useful stat for SMN than M.acc I think?
    Pretty reasonable assumption. Actually sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

M.ACC is useful for high level shit. You need a M.ACC heavy build for mobs in Woh Gates and any VD content, if it adds enough M.ACC it will help damage a lot since we go back to as much MAB/BP DMG+ gear as we can get. I hope it adds M.ACC and MAB, making us pick between M.ACC and MAB sucks a lot more than picking between ACC and ATT

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The effects of indicolure geomancer spells are now determined by the state of the player at the end of casting. In other words, the effects of an indicolure spell will not change once cast, even if the player changes equipment.
    * The effects of the geomancer ability “Bolster” will activate even while under the effects of an indicolure spell.
    I wonder if this is what caused the discrepancy in reports about skill gear having an effect after the spell has been cast. I remember doing a test awhile back cause someone was saying the effect's potency lowered when skill gear was removed. I know the test I did was with Geo-Barrier, so I could step in and out to check, rather than have to overwrite the buff. And if Indi's really were being hurt by removing skill gear, wonder if removing the bell lowered them dramatically too. Know the testing I did +MAB was with Indi-Acumen, without skill gear and bell on when nuking. Interesting stuff to check into.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Akamochi? A new pet food? Interesting. Shiromochi is the Acc food, so is it a higher tier of acc?

Edit: Damnit, beaten to it.
    I kinda hope it's a Magic Accuracy food instead

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's just that m.acc really only benefits SMN. PUP DRG BST are never gonna use M.acc because they're physical jobs mostly, although they might add other kinds of Mochi later like maybe a Defense Mochi, MAB mochi(if this one turns out to be m.acc). Higher tiers of Mochi would be nice if they had expensive materials and were 110+ higher synths. Needs more high level cooking recipes besides Magma Steak.

If its m.acc food, then two birds with one stone! Mages can use it and so can SMN! Would be a pain to test how much m.acc it gives though. It says "improved" but that could just mean "improved flavor/taste" not "improved effect".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Game just came back up for me.

Edit: ... And I'm in

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Crusade scrolls sold by Brave Ox for 143,451g

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

You can get the new ring/bell from Seven Treasures.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Off to the Inventor's Coalition to test glyptics~

With Booming, she can inscribe on weapons: Acc+30, M.acc+30, or OAT. The last one made my jaw drop, admittedly. Even on 115 weapons.

Edit: With armor: HP/MP+30, PDT/MDT-2%, Haste+2%/Snapshot+2.

Edit 2: Whoops! These were examples. Actual Booming are:

Weapons: Acc+15, Crit rate+4%, Crit dmg+2%
    Armor: Counter+2, Dex+8, SC Dmg +2. Ew.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    If new mochi is m.acc, that would entail that it gives player m.acc too(but a larger bonus to pets). A bit awkward for pet jobs since really only SMN can benefit from it.
    SMN and PUP.
    It might have an effect on Wyverns too, making breaths do more damage? I don't know how macc works for that. Maybe on BST too, some Sic ability have an imbued debuff which might stick more/longer if pet has macc?
    Altough clearly you totally wouldn't be using macc food on BST and DRG of course.

HP Boxes will probably be like 30-50 I'd say.
    Ahahaaahahahaha wishful thinking

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm in! Checking with RoE NPC as well as looking into the RUN Mythic WS quest.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quest pages added. Working on WS pages next.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast