Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

F. Coffin Moogle and Ayama should be plenty to keep you alive on EP stuff in say Ceizak or Yahse. Considering the low base damage on trial staves you're not gonna be doing a ton of damage anyway even with shattersoul. SMN would be a little squishier than SCH but you should be able to have your Avatar tank considering you'll be a lower item lvl than them with a 70-75 staff. Otherwise Ayama will probably tank with just melee damage.

Edit: scratch that, I'd use Cherukiki since she won't melee and screw up your SC with a random WS.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah I would totally be using Cherukiki and Ulmia (double marches!), and I guess Ayame too then.
    Given the fact I'm gonna be missing a lot of acc from the missing skill on main hand weapon (level 75 weapon) I wonder if acc will be an issue.
    I should go /SAM for Hasso or some other jobs for acc bonus trait, and then hmmm right off the bat I can think 2x Accuracy Rings, Brutal/Steelflash earrings, Iqabi Necklace, probably I can find something else with +acc and "All jobs" in my inventory.
    Also majority of ilevel gear should give a bit of Dex too which converts into acc...

So yeah, in the end, do you guys think it's gonna be enough to reliably hit stuff in Ceizak and Yahse?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah you should be fine as long as you have some acc gear. And food. People were able to hit stuff before item lvl gear and before the + skill update in the starter zones. Can always use Fenrir for a little extra acc too on SMN.

Campaign
    BG Level

Actually I might as well give up the healer slot for Joachim+Ulmia+Ayame and haste/heal myself. That way I would also get doublemadrigal which won't hurt at all I guess lol

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SMN still takes considerable damage even to those... keeping yourself alive would leave you bout no time to gt TP lol.

I'd drop Joachim for Cheru, probably best bet... and sub SAM

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also something to think about if going for ws points is what ayame will skillchain with. Off the top of my head I've seen her use enpi, kagero, Kasha and Tachi: Gekko. So to get a lvl 3 without 3 stepping it you'd need a grav or frag ws so not counting mythic/relic that leaves Retribution and shattersoul. Shatter probably being better just because multi hit a lot less likely to miss all hits. If you don't care about lvl 3 I'm sure you could probably find a magical one that will do a lvl 2 which can't miss and will do shitty dmg

Also something to remember is your trusts do take a pretty big hit from losing the weapon

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did anyone determine what %Haste samba was for the trust that uses it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So looking back now and it seems a few ws were missed... and this seems like good as a time as any to finish so here it goes.

Sanguine blade

2000 tp - was 75% now is 100%
    3000 tp - was 100% now is 160% (no idea why it's weird like that)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So randomly been thinking about old ws with the new pdif update and how it seems some that I know got rehauled never got retested and/or updated. So time to necro this shit.

Going back thru the list from SE and the things I can find in this thread/bg wiki I'd say the left over candidates that are easy to test (ie ftp increases):

Gust Slash, Cyclone, Energy Steal, Energy Drain, Aeolian Edge, Hard Slash, Frostbite, Freezebite, Crescent Moon, Sickle Moon, Spinning Slash, Ground Strike, Raging Axe (technically tested but seemed some errors), Avalanche Axe, Spinning Axe, Dark Harvest, Shadow of Death, Double Thrust, Thunder Thrust, Raiden Thrust, Blade: Teki, Blade: To, Blade: Chi, Blade : Ei, Blade: Kamu (maybe just said attack power increase), Tachi: Enpi, Tachi: Goten, Tachi: Kagero, Tachi: Jinpu, Tachi: Koki, Heavy Swing, Rock Crusher/Earth Crusher/Starburst/Sunburst (might need redone think they were borked after the update), Full Swing, Spirit Taker, Retribution, Cataclysm (another one that was borked), Flaming Arrow.

Looks like quite a few were missed (like all but 1 hybrid and a ton of magical) or messed up... guess time to get hot

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Blade: Kamu seems to have a much higher attack boost than its listed 30%, so that might be the case.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So daggers first. Got 109 dex and int with an ilvl 119 weapon so 201 for the ilvl stat. No mab or magic dmg

Aeolian edge: 40% int/dex and fint cap of 32. Which comes out to 288 base dmg

1000 tp: 608 dmg... which comes out to 2 ftp. Which assuming old values of 2.75 are correct means they ninja nerfed it since they said they were only adjust the 3k point

2000 tp: 896 dmg. So 3 ftp also seems like a small ninja nerf

3000 tp: 1328 dmg so 4.5 ftp a slight boost

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Shun could probably use a retest as well~

Campaign
    BG Level

Someone did some additional testing in the NIN forum some time ago.
    Showed that the point at which the attack penalty becomes 0 comes very early.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So not sure how far I really want to delve into it but some preliminary testing of energy drain/steal have them not being effected by magic dmg, mab, main hand ilvl weapon (except for the macc part of course), or belt/gorget

Some rough numbers with highish mnd and 3k tp come to roughly

Energy steal: ~ 152 + 3.4*mnd

Energy drain: ~ 191+4.1*mnd

1k tps were significantly lower like 20% as much but meh on testing them. So looks like you can steal a decent amount of mp quickly at least