BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    3000% Fudo doing consistent 13700 damage to bees in Yashe(99% sure attack is capped). Seems the fTP scales like freaking crazy on the WS where damage varies with TP.
    Meikyo+SP2 just got awesomer :D

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Seeing ~7000-8000 Pummels with 119 KKK in Yorcia on i119 EP treants. DNC sub, no buffs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the ftp boost from 100 to 300 tp is HUGE enough, maybe wsing@200-300 tp will beat wsing@100tp now :O

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm, I haven't done this is years... could I get a brief refresher on testing WS fTP?

I vaguely recall using /THF and SA WS at set TP values on lvl 1 mobs. Is that still the way to go?

oh, and how many samples per?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I assume it is still the way to go, the more sample the better, the goal was try to get a maximum value multiple time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    If the ftp boost from 100 to 300 tp is HUGE enough, maybe wsing@200-300 tp will beat wsing@100tp now :O
    Just did a 930ish spirits within as 56blu/dnc on a tulwar scorpion with 3000tp. Don't have a ton of details, but seems huge considering my max hp is between 1000-1100.

Campaign
    BG Level

Big cheers to Prothescar, Martel and everybody else doing all the tests.
    Can any of the JP speaking guys (Kincard?) check if Studio Gobli is working on these as well? Might save us some work.

Personally I'm really curious on Stringing Pummel (no KKK) vs Victory Smite.
    Before the patch Pummel was slightly better than Smite, but I still used Vsmite from time to time when I wanted to proc light (vsmite + vsmite > light).
    The boost on mods for Pummel was really small, but it got a boost to attack.
    Vsmite got a 20% stat boost
    Pummel also got 2000+ TP boost.
    I expect Vsmite to be slightly better than Pummel at 100% now, but Pummel to slowly get better the closer you get to 300TP.
    If the attack bonus is big enough, Pummel might also be better than Smite in uncapped attack situations.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Seems extremely unlikely, based on whats been reported so far you'd need to be averaging 18k~ Fudos at 3000tp to make that even close to true.

Thats if you ignore the fact that anything thats not an NM would be overkilled massively wasting useful output.

If skillchain damage is largely unresisted SAM is going to be the endall solo DD with Kasha > Shoha > Fudo. Yoichi has lost its relative pure DPS potential to other combinations now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

About to do a tojil run, I'll parse sc dmg again. But yeah if other 2hander didn't get something close to fudo buff, sam is the only dd till nerf.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yorcia would be a better test, you could already get a lot of unresisted Light skillchains in Delve 1.

In Yorcia the T1 panopt and the T4 mandy definitely resisted light skillchains often.

Campaign
    BG Level

sam is the only dd till nerf.
    About time their precious beloved son SAM went back right where it belongs. That is: on top of every other DD in game

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    About time their precious beloved son SAM went back right where it belongs. That is: on top of every other DD in game
    as if that hasnt been the case before (-Abyssea). . .

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shoha prolly got a decent buff too, joined a tojil shout buff were horrible/DDB full time3song and fudo was raping/never saw a full sc resist (sc were doing about 90-110%) of ws dmg out of 217k dmg I had 51k sc dmg.

I hope I'll can try yorcia run with ls/friends later but damage output seems disguting.

Now I'm gonna wonder if sc never get resisted if a solo koga sam is better than bringing a non mythic dd ;c

Has any tested Leaden yet? How does it stack against Wildfire?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Morta parse, again pug bad buff, did 138k dmg and 53k sc dmg (wasn't even trying to sc) fudo averaged 6709 not sure attack was capped lol

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm not surprised Rudra's Storm numbers are so high at 100% tp (although the 300% shocks me). Apparently they removed alpha correction from the WSC values this update in addition to changing the attribute modifiers themselves (Motenten traced the source back to a JP dev post stating they were removing the 0.85 alpha mod). If that's the case then Rudra's will benefit from 80% dex more than mercy will benefit from 80% str based solelly off the sheer volumes of dex available to a thf. I've compared optimal sets for each weaponskill with elemental gorgets, pillager's +1, and appropriate accessories (moonshade in rudras) and rudra's ends up on top of Mercy at 100% tp even with Mandau's 40% bonus.

Right now I'm gathering data on exenterator versus evisceration. I'm curious to know what "twofold attack on first phase only" means, be it one hit or the first 4 hits of the mainhand weapon. Target mob is snowpelt rabbits in kahmir drifts. No food, 5/5 exenterator merits versus evisceration. My weaponskill set will be the same for both skills. I'll post some screenashots when I have a reliable sample size.

Unfortunately I don't have Mandau yet (very soon though), but from experience I believe those rudra's numbers are accurate. If that can be confirmed it would make the optimal thf damage dagger setup Mandau/Izhiikoh using rudra's storm rather than mercy. Mandau's aftermath adds approximately 4% to the DoT phase, but if the difference in weaponskill power is this pronounced then Rudra's will come out well ahead in the log run... especially when you consider over tping.

EDIT: OK I'm sold. Whatever bonus exenterator got it's not enough to make it stronger than evisceration. Exenterator averaged ~ 2700 and highest damage was ~3200, lowest ~2100. Evisceration averaged ~~3300 highest ~3800 lowest ~1700. Evisceration is definitely stronger. Looks like I'll have to pick up a Rancorous mantle again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

On level 113-115 Twitherym in Rakaznar, Resolution is doing 5000-7000 at 1000 TP, and 10000-12000 at 2000-3000 TP (with TP bonus Moonshade Earring). 12000 damage oneshots them, so I can't see how high it goes. Saving to 150 TP before WSing is really effective now, as it skips the <25% HP TP phase of enemies here without lowering damage significantly.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FenMelphina View Post
    Right now I'm gathering data on exenterator versus evisceration.
    Evis is quite a king, you sure Rudra is ahead of Evis too? Even at 100% TP?
    Where Evis should, obviously, lose to other WSs (Exenterator included, likely) is when you stack it with abilities that "force" the WS into a Crit, like Climactic Flourish or Sneak Attack. Being Evis a WS which can already crit, it gains less than other WSs do.
    Also, keep in mind Exenterator is the only valid WS with an AGI mod.
    I'm a noob THF but I thought this was useful when using TA?

Dagger-wise, I'd be interested in seeing a tier list for ddBRD as well.
    Previously I made a tier list of Evis, Mordant Rhime and Exenterator. Needed Exen at 3-4/5 for it to be better than Mordant Rime, without Carnwenhan.
    I think now Evis is probably going to be the best of the 3.

1) New Evisceration
    2) 5/5 new Exenterator
    3) New Mordant Rime
    4) Old Exenterator 4/5 or higher
    5) Old Mordant Rime
    6) Old Exenterator 3/5 or lower
    6) Old Evisceration

Unsure where Mordant Rime (Carns) places itself in this new list.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I agree with the weaponskill breakdown for unstacked weaponskills. I think the real question now is if saving tp is THAT effective than can a level 2 or 3 Twashtar aftermath come out on top of as Mandau user? Twashtar just became MUCH more viable in all areas of combat because of this.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FenMelphina View Post
    No [cut]
    Am I missing something? D:
    I think we're saying more or less the same things?

Also, the hierarchy I posted is just my guess, and it refers to BARD, not Thief of course lol.
    I could tell you the turning point between Evisceration and Exenterator for DNC, but it was much lower than Mordant/Exen on BRD. I think 2/5 Exen was enough for it to be better than Evisceration, in some circumstances even 1/5. And this was considering favourable conditions for Evis (Feather Step, augmented by AF3 boots)