Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah even for salvage2 and dynamis dc mobs youll need about 1kish attack to cap. People underestimate that shit, those mobs are still 95ish. Most dds in their tp set have 900-1kish attack without buffs, curry should cap you for most ws on old content except for reso/drakesbane/shun.

Oat polearm is amazing for old content because of jumps, should be better than upukirex for anything weaker than delve1(actually might be able to squeak it by for delve1 since theres more acc gear available now and buffs are stronger, would need the 15acc augment and then even still its gonna be like a pretty big loss) but for chaining 115 and weaker exp mobs, should rape all, second only to mythic

Campaign
    BG Level

Maybe Mote hasn't updated the TP gain formulae or something?

Here's the setup I used:
    Spoiler: show

Race: Galka
    Sub: SAM
    Merits: 16 GSWD, 12 STR, 12 DEX, 5% Crit, 5 Resolution
    Food: None
    Rune: Yes
    Hasso: Yes
    Ionis: No
    Haste: Yes

TP gear

Grip: Pole Grip
    Ammo: Thew Bomblet
    Head: Iuitl
    Neck: Asperity
    Earrings: Bladeborn and Steelflash
    Body: Thaumas
    Hands: Futhark+1
    Rings: Rajas & Epona
    Back: Atheling
    Waist: Windbuffet
    Legs: Quiahuiz (aug+8STR)
    Feet: Manibozho (R15 STR)

WS Gear (Resolution):

Ammo: Aqreqaq Bomblet
    Head: Whirlpool Mask
    Neck: Ele Gorget
    Body: Manibozho (R15 STR)
    Back: Buquwik
    Waist: Ele Belt
    Where not specified I simply didn't change from TP

Results:

Delve Fodder:
    Aettir: 361,4
    Kaq (no aug): 329,4
    Crit +4%: 377,5
    STP+5: 375.7
    WSd: 374,1
    att+20: 380,8

DC Dyna: (att capped in TP, missing 69 to cap att in WS)
    Aettir: 514
    Kaq (no aug): 473,5
    Crit +4%: 540,2
    STP+5:540,4
    WSd: 538,2
    att+20: 543,5

DC Dyna (att capped everywhere):
    Aettir: 523
    Kaq (no aug): 493,2
    Crit +4%: 562,3
    STP+5: 562,8
    WSd: 560,4
    att+20: 559,3

So I did something wrong before.
    You're kinda right, attack wins except when you're att capped, of course.
    On DC dyna you cap Att with just a cheap food though, doesn't take much to get 69 att.
    Regardless, I doubt I'd ever go RUN in Dyna, and if I have to I could just create a different resolution setup with less attack and more mods.

Thanks Fake!
    OAT / Att+20 it is! :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any word on if the "crit rate" or "crit damate" bonus is only for that particular weapon? I, like many, am looking to aug my Atoyac and was originally thinking the crit rate would be super sweet alongside the obvious the occ. att. augment.

But then I remembered Heartseeker, and how its crit bonus was only for itself, making me feel like the +15 accuracy would be better since it'd work on both hands and help with the low accuracy of Atoyac itself.

As we figure out more about which stats are/aren't exclusive to that one weapon, it should probably go in the OP.

Campaign
    BG Level

I did some tests on Atoyac some pages ago.
    Depends what your other options are and what you want to use it against (high level targets, low level targets wtc).
    If you have other 119 weapons it's probably not gonna be worth it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus7775 View Post
    Any word on if the "crit rate" or "crit damate" bonus is only for that particular weapon? I, like many, am looking to aug my Atoyac and was originally thinking the crit rate would be super sweet alongside the obvious the occ. att. augment.

But then I remembered Heartseeker, and how its crit bonus was only for itself, making me feel like the +15 accuracy would be better since it'd work on both hands and help with the low accuracy of Atoyac itself.

As we figure out more about which stats are/aren't exclusive to that one weapon, it should probably go in the OP.
    Crit rate and crit damage should apply to both hands; while what you said was true of 75-era weapons, it seems to not be the case for everything since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Yeah even for salvage2 and dynamis dc mobs youll need about 1kish attack to cap. People underestimate that shit, those mobs are still 95ish. Most dds in their tp set have 900-1kish attack without buffs, curry should cap you for most ws on old content except for reso/drakesbane/shun.

Oat polearm is amazing for old content because of jumps, should be better than upukirex for anything weaker than delve1(actually might be able to squeak it by for delve1 since theres more acc gear available now and buffs are stronger, would need the 15acc augment and then even still its gonna be like a pretty big loss) but for chaining 115 and weaker exp mobs, should rape all, second only to mythic
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember seeing testing somewhere on the Magian Lance stating that OAT didn't work on jumps.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember seeing testing somewhere on the Magian Lance stating that OAT didn't work on jumps.
    That was some really bad testing then. I used a Magian OAT Chauve-Souris before I finished my Ryu. The OAT most certainly worked on jumps. And worked very well.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    That was some really bad testing then. I used a Magian OAT Chauve-Souris before I finished my Ryu. The OAT most certainly worked on jumps. And worked very well.
    Ah the days of DRK/DRG 2-3 Scythe to self-SC Darkness with Infernal Scythe and dark damage atmas...

Campaign
    BG Level

So I was trying some OAT options offhand in the spreadsheet on Ninja.
    Noticed that Sekuntanto (Reive) gives me less DPS (305ish) than Sekuntanto (550ish).
    Curious about that I tried adding a new OAT weapon and got identical results.

How is that even possible? Is there an error in the spreadsheet somewhere or am I missing something important and obvious?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Performed a small spreadsheet test on DNC

Gear
    Main: Izhiikoh
    Sub: R15 Sabebus
    Head: Felistris Mask
    Neck: Charis
    Earrings: Dudgeon & Heartseeker
    Body: Charis+2
    Hands: Umuthi
    Rings: Epona & Rajas
    Back: Atheling
    Waist: Patentia
    Legs: Quiahuiz (Aug: +8STR)
    Feet: Iuitl+1
    Buffs: Haste Samba, Haste, Berserk, Aggressor, Ionis

Target: Delve Fodder
    WS: Evisceration (new formula)

Base dps damage => 730,9
    Atoyac OAT, +20att => 702,2
    Atoyac OAT, 2%WSd => 692,5
    Atoyac OAT, 4% Crit => 697
    Atoyac OAT, 2% Cdam => 697,2

So from this point of view it seems that Atoyac, while fun and shit and jiggles, is not worth it.
    Tried on DC Dynamis targets too, the result doesn't change altough the gap is slightly smaller.
    This test is completely borked.
    Spreadsheet wasn't feeling the OAT rate. I'm afraid that basically those are just the numbers of an Atoyac with the second stat but without the OAT.
    Will need to doublecheck stuff now...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I was trying some OAT options offhand in the spreadsheet on Ninja.
    Noticed that Sekuntanto (Reive) gives me less DPS (305ish) than Sekuntanto (550ish).
    Curious about that I tried adding a new OAT weapon and got identical results.

How is that even possible? Is there an error in the spreadsheet somewhere or am I missing something important and obvious?
    Spreadsheet error. Nin spreadsheet still had an old OAT column, and I'd entered the OAx numbers shifted off by one. New version is fixed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This test is completely borked.
    Spreadsheet wasn't feeling the OAT rate. I'm afraid that basically those are just the numbers of an Atoyac with the second stat but without the OAT.
    Will need to doublecheck stuff now...
    When adding 40% OAT, you need to set the OAx column to 40% and the OA2 column to 100%. OAx tells how often the weapon 'occasionally attacks', and OA# tells how it's spread out among the options. In the case of OAT, all OAx procs are OA2, so it gets 100%.

Campaign
    BG Level

So, it comes out that Atoyac with OAT and your other choice of option is actually a fun tool to use offhand for DNC, BRD, I assume THF? And even for NIN.
    Yes, NIN too, even with the lower native weapon skill.
    And we're not talking just about dynamis stuff, but Adoulin Reives (altough arguably for those the OAT Reive weapons are even better) and adoulin low level stuff.
    Can't say where the threshold is, but I'm daring to say that as long as your acc is capped without big sacrifices in gear options, it's gonna come above of other off hand weapons.

As to what put in there in addition to OAT:
    +Acc is imho a non-optimal choice. You shouldn't be aiming to use this weapon on stuff where you need +acc for it to be useful.
    +Att is probably the best but of course it's gonna be wasted on stuff where you're attack capped or you cap att with cheap food.
    +CritDamage, despite the low value, works good for DNC because of the natural traits for Crit that DNC has (feather step, crit damage etc)
    +Crit Rate and +WSdamage are good options which are gonna be useful on superlowlevel stuff and on Adoulin monsters too, the first should always be slightly better than the second but I'm not sure, didn't really test for all possible circumstances.
    Either way, whatever you choose we're not talking about huge differences here. OAT is the big stuff, rest is more like icing on the cake.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

+Acc is very optimal if you plan to use it on middle of the road stuff, like mobs in Rakaznar, or Delve v1.

Campaign
    BG Level

I thought about that but wouldn't a 119 option be better in those circumstances? D1 NMs, Outer Ra etc?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, OAT with accuracy elsewhere would win. A normal 119 would only start to win when you'd need sushi and almost every slot geared out with accuracy to the detriment of other stats.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Do the OAT h2h beat oats when don't need the acc? Thinking of making a pair for my mule (so I can do a 2nd salvage run lol);

Need WKR access though damn 20 tags quest!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is the OAT like the Jailer weapons and if so, would Ixtab be a good weapon to get for someone who recently hit 99 WAR?

Campaign
    BG Level

They're like the OAT magian weapons.
    And I doubt OAT Maochinoli will be better than Tinhaspa (remember it works on one hand only) but I haven't tested it myself. Did you check the spreadsheet Cream?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

neg, don't have excel on this computer (rly need to get around to that) and Tinh aren't rly an option (unless base only); not gonna drop several mil in h2h for a mule that will only be doing salvage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast