FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't seen any real testing on pester so hard to really compare it

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Well like i said my RNG isnt 99 yet, so i am not sure if i will be meleeing alot on RNG (I am a bit more curious about what to choose on the second stat). but looking at the stats here you got:

Hurlbat AGI 8 Racc 15 ratt 5 enmity -4

Atoyac AGI 12 Racc 15 (possible aug)

so you gain 4 AGI lose 5 ratt and -4 enmity. I wont have 2 mil gil to buy a hurlbat for a while, so i am looking at this as a replacement or a compliment to it when i can dual wield later.
    its a SCNM 20 fight, fairly easy to do with a 1-2 friends and some BRD Trusts on Difficult. just go PLD DD/NIN Healer BRDTrust BRDTrust HealerTrust. you should have no problem clearing it in 10 min.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus7775 View Post
    Any word on if the "crit rate" or "crit damate" bonus is only for that particular weapon? I, like many, am looking to aug my Atoyac and was originally thinking the crit rate would be super sweet alongside the obvious the occ. att. augment.

But then I remembered Heartseeker, and how its crit bonus was only for itself, making me feel like the +15 accuracy would be better since it'd work on both hands and help with the low accuracy of Atoyac itself.

As we figure out more about which stats are/aren't exclusive to that one weapon, it should probably go in the OP.
    Was this ever resolved? I finally got a Atoyac after spamming Forest WKR so I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Was this ever resolved? I finally got a Atoyac after spamming Forest WKR so I wanted to know.
    Not directly relevant to your question but you do realize that the RoE KI turn in for 115 gear is repeatable so you don't need to spam a WKR for a particular drop.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've been told you can only repeat it 3 times, but not personally done so. While it hasn't been confirmed, it's a very safe assumption that the crit would work on both hands based on all gear that has come out since the breaking of 75 cap.

Campaign
    BG Level

It hasn't been tested yet, or if it has it hasn't been reported.
    We just all kinda assumed that Crit rate, Crit Damage and WS damage all work even for the main hand, when put offhand.

I got crit rate on the Katana but no real time to test, unless there's a very very easy/fast test that I can do, in which case I could try to get it done.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I've been told you can only repeat it 3 times, but not personally done so.
    There's no cap - I've been spamming all WKR on my roomies account to try to get him all the 115 gear. Just kinda sucks you generally break even on bayld...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks, good to know. I dunno what the person who told me that was thinking.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just occurred to me certain jobs like RDM, NIN, BST can get a lot of accuracy from this by dual wielding two of the weapons and putting ACC+45 aug on both weapons.

RDM - Xiutleato and Atoyac / BST - Hunahpu and Hatxiik / NIN - Katana and Atoyac

Combined that's +90 acc which is probably more accurate than DWing 119 weapons just lose out on Attack and Base DMG for all that acc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah you would get like another 40 acc than compared with say just plain 242 skill weapons... but dual wielding eminent weapons can be an even easier/faster way of getting similar acc.

And if you want to get into specifics we could look at delve 2 items... you could do acc path on delve swords and end up just 13 less acc, axes would be like 15 etc.

Also should note most 119 weapons have other stats than just skill and base dmg so you'd potentially lose out on more

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Using top-tier content rewards in a 'but' statement about something you can practically leech in a public event.

Never change, BG.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah you would get like another 40 acc than compared with say just plain 242 skill weapons... but dual wielding eminent weapons can be an even easier/faster way of getting similar acc.

And if you want to get into specifics we could look at delve 2 items... you could do acc path on delve swords and end up just 13 less acc, axes would be like 15 etc.

Also should note most 119 weapons have other stats than just skill and base dmg so you'd potentially lose out on more
    I didn't do the math on Rank 15 ACC Path Delve 2.0 Weapons and the jobs that can use those weapons are more flexible than the 115 WKR weapons. 13-15 acc less isn't all that bad...

Still the ACC+45 augmented WKR weapon route is still viable opinion for those who don't have KIs or the ability to do Delve 2.0. Only downside is most DWing jobs can't use more than 1 115 WKR weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    I didn't do the math on Rank 15 ACC Path Delve 2.0 Weapons and the jobs that can use those weapons are more flexible than the 115 WKR weapons. 13-15 acc less isn't all that bad...

Still the ACC+45 augmented WKR weapon route is still viable opinion for those who don't have KIs or the ability to do Delve 2.0. Only downside is most DWing jobs can't use more than 1 115 WKR weapon.
    I'm not sure that losing out on that 40%OAT is worth the acc buff...
    People make a big deal about the fake skill acc loss... but it's like they rely on acc ONLY from the weapons... I always wonder if the ppl being elitist dbags realize that acc can come from other slots....

But the acc isn't really the issue.

Having an OAT augment can make up for the lower base damage and slightly less attack due to just attacking more.
    And as has been pointed out, if you're hurting for acc, Delve2 weapons give you 119 fake skill AND an acc buff path.
    OATWKR weapons are really the thing. (like was pointed out earlier, it's like the pros and cons to the OAX magian weapons vs other stuff, but iLv)

Basically, I feel a +45acc/Macc is a waste of a KI... +30Macc is great for any backline job. But I honestly think you'll be served better for any meleeing job with OAT instead of the +30acc.
    (Baqil with +30Macc winds up with more Macc than ANY 117 staff cause Macc is a straight buff, while the fake skill works just like real skill: it's not a 1:1 thing. And I think it might even wind up with more or equal Macc than 118s too... but it's hard to say.. cause it's not a 1:1 thing.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just occurred to me certain jobs like RDM, NIN, BST can get a lot of accuracy from this by dual wielding two of the weapons and putting ACC+45 aug on both weapons.

RDM - Xiutleato and Atoyac / BST - Hunahpu and Hatxiik / NIN - Katana and Atoyac

Combined that's +90 acc which is probably more accurate than DWing 119 weapons just lose out on Attack and Base DMG for all that acc.
    Can't speak for RDM and BST. But a good portion of NIN's damage come from melee swings (high DW, low WS frequency). Not to mention another 39 skill missing from using dagger. Yeah I don't see that working out at a glance =P

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Can't speak for RDM and BST. But a good portion of NIN's damage come from melee swings (high DW, low WS frequency). Not to mention another 39 skill missing from using dagger. Yeah I don't see that working out at a glance =P
    Don't think it would be that bad but I would worry from the loss of attack from the lower skill (Dagger 378 vs. 417 Katana).

Just a thought.. as I said before it would be more viable if more or all of the DWing jobs could use 2 115 WKR weapons. An alternative while working towards something better like Delve 2.0 weapons

Personally I've augmented my weapons with OAT to mess around on BST and soon RDM.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't think it would be that bad but I would worry from the loss of attack from the lower skill (Dagger 378 vs. 417 Katana).
    Well you aren't just losing att you are also losing acc which is somewhat counter productive.

Like if you say offhanded the RoE kat ( Kaitsuburi )instead of Atoyac when the latent is up which should be most the time you'd only have 12 less acc on the mainhand but you'd have 10 more att on the mainhand and you'd have 36 more acc on the offhand and 54 more att. You'd also lose a little base dmg on the offhand but you also drop some delay as well. Oh and some evasion with RoE kat.

And that doesn't even get into 119 kat offhands. For example Chidori has 15 acc on it for both hands as well as the 93 more skill you'd have offhanding it. Raimitsukane also has 15 acc on it as well. And Kannakiri +2 can get some killer augments....

I really don't see any benefit to offhanding something that has much lower skill on it AND is a weapon type that that job has much lower skill in just to boost the mainhands accuracy by a little. You'd end up boosting mainhand acc a little while losing tons of acc on the offhand as well as other stats like att etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well you aren't just losing att you are also losing acc which is somewhat counter productive.

Like if you say offhanded the RoE kat ( Kaitsuburi )instead of Atoyac when the latent is up which should be most the time you'd only have 12 less acc on the mainhand but you'd have 10 more att on the mainhand and you'd have 36 more acc on the offhand and 54 more att. You'd also lose a little base dmg on the offhand but you also drop some delay as well. Oh and some evasion with RoE kat.

And that doesn't even get into 119 kat offhands. For example Chidori has 15 acc on it for both hands as well as the 93 more skill you'd have offhanding it. Raimitsukane also has 15 acc on it as well. And Kannakiri +2 can get some killer augments....

I really don't see any benefit to offhanding something that has much lower skill on it AND is a weapon type that that job has much lower skill in just to boost the mainhands accuracy by a little. You'd end up boosting mainhand acc a little while losing tons of acc on the offhand as well as other stats like att etc.
    True so RDM and BST would be the only jobs that would really benefit without any drawbacks if one didn't have any 117-119 weapons. I added NIN as an afterthought because they didn't get much (or any) in WKR weapons until recently.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Did they secretly nerf the OAT in the last update? Mine seem to activate a lot less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhi View Post
    There's no cap - I've been spamming all WKR on my roomies account to try to get him all the 115 gear. Just kinda sucks you generally break even on bayld...

For people reading this now: Right now with the 3K bayld KIs for WKR and the 106 gear being tradable for bayld, you should be A-OK for getting ahead on the deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6