+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Did another comb through my stuff and it seems the only GS/IGN article I linked was already yanked. Wish I could help out more clearing stuff, but work has me bent over backwards.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, thank everyone for all of their hard work. This is a very disheartening thing to get as it makes me wonder if they will just ignore the fact that weve removed the links they wanted and try to bring us down further. That being said, BG will continue on and continue to be what it is, just with less bullshit from them.
    Im hoping we dont run into bullshit issues like this again, thanks again for helping us purge the forums of this insanity.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No problem. I should be done with purging gamespot off the forums after a bit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

got rid of my stuff. Started searching around for more.

How long does it take for the search cache to refresh? Getting a lot of old hits that have already been cleaned.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Went through all my posts and only found like 4 mentions/quotes/links of Gamespot or IGN lol. One was removed already, deleted the one link I made to one of those back in 2007, and reported the 2 others that were quotes of someone else's post where they posted a link to one of those websites. Good luck to all the people searching for those links and quotes and stuff and deleting them, lots of work. x.x

Hopefully this all gets resolved without actual legal action going on. =/ Stupid websites.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You're welcome Scythiroth. This is worse than the Awful Spammer Attack on RPGamer a while ago before we put in some serious antispam filters. Man we mods over there were working overtime..

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Special thanks to vrumpt and Jaybar for distracting me from work all friggin' afternoon

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I felt bad bc I didn't know it spammed the BG chat too, lol ;x

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

You don't spam the chat, just the mods in the chat

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lots of links in regular General D from way back in the day before all the subforums. Meh.

The new legal disclaimer throwing a wrench in wider search scripts.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There's still so many links I'm finding. I wish there was an easier way to find them.

Gotta catch 'em all

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I don't really have a super comprehensive understanding of legal knowledge, but how (and why) would you C&D stuff that's in the public, free domain and even gets them more hits/publicity/etc?
    Because it's not public domain. They have no legal standing to demand we don't link to them, but their articles are very commonly quoted here, which is copyrighted to them. Just because it's freely available on their site does not mean you can copy it elsewhere. It's free as in price, but not free as in freedom.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

These guys are still relevant?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    These guys are still relevant?
    What's more hilarious is the fact that they feel threatened by us enough to do this nonsense. Feels good man.

You dudes are amazing. Ya'll got to the majority of the stuff before I could, even in my own posts.

Ya'll can de-mod me, what's done is done now.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This is fucking stupid though, I'm assuming that if we quoted them, 99% of the time we provided a direct link back to their page with the content, it's not plagiarism if you credit someone for their work. This is just dumb.

I would think its a bit different when the whole article has been quoted, regardless of link. That spares the BG reader the struggle of clicking on the link and being barraged by shitty Ad after Ad, that would be making them money, and possibly having to look at the title captions of yet another shitty review of another great game.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This is kind of what the internet does though, I mean that makes sense, but if they're going to get pissed at us, they might as well shut the whole internet down.

They just might be trying to do that. Who knows how many other irrelevant backwoods forums got hit. We are the primary recipients of the content they try to provide. Just seems pants on head to smother any kind of reason for us to even be as decided to use even go want to do more like going to their site.

I for one will stay away from their main sites, not that it would be hard, and any youtube video I just so happen to accidentally hit will be getting downvoted.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah I never went there anyway, so no loss for me, but I'm sure this is a great way for them to ensure that the entire BG community stays the fuck off their site, so good on them for lowering their own traffic by being assholes.