Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Looks like I had 2 and they were already taken care of.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Went through the 500 previous posts I could and did a search on my name and got rid of any that had not been hit yet (think I got 'em all).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    In that case, try Giantbomb and Joystiq. Two good and reliable websites I like to visit for just all gaming general news, no nonsense bullshit like slowtaku. For the latest in Japan, I go to Siliconera. NeoGAF is a very good site with the newest and most accurate news, with developers themselves posting there, it's a forum but I only go there for news or entertainment if the latter 2 aren't doing it. Social media has also been on top of everything lately, it seems anytime I visit Facebook, any game I liked on there usually shows me an update on it on my newsfeed, so there's that too.
    If we ever have to take down gawker links (gawker, kotaku, io9, deadspin, etc) going through my post history will be a miserable experience..

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seriously on behalf of the mods and admins thank you all for helping. Even if you're just searching for five minutes, that's still five minutes we don't have to do it. We're getting completely overloaded as it is trying to get to all the reported posts. We clear one page and two more pop up. This will take some time. But again, thank you for all of your help. Some of you have been fucking champs since the minute we said we needed help. We appreciate that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    ya. I have seen what you guys are doing. I am going to removed that whole thread for now and I'll just go through it post by post.
    honestly just nuke the whole thread. not much there we really need/want to keep. Save yourself the headache.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

No one's gonna look at 197 pages of talking about skyrim, they're too busy playing skyrim

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

30 pages into the 130 for SF4 thread....might be here awhile still since there was quite a few links in the first 5-10 pages, want to make sure that theres at least no more in there!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Guys don't worry! The Digimon World Re:Digitize thread was clear.

Phew.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    No one's gonna look at 197 pages of talking about skyrim, they're too busy playing skyrim
    To be fair, I did just that a few months ago when I bought it from the STEAM Winter sale. I would say nuke it if it's that huge a deal, and start a new thread if people have questions. The game hasn't been updated in months, so the only thing of interest is the modding community.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Doing what I can holy crap there's so much

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has already said - all the reports are incredibly helpful. Thanks everyone for helping out!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So question, is it just links and article quotes, or do you want us to report game review scores too -- namely when 6souls compiles all the review scores for games from different sites into a single post.

For example:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...gn#post6040440

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Agreed. Thanks to everyone that is helping, including the mods.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Few of mine already got handled but think all my posts are now free of sin.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    So question, is it just links and article quotes, or do you want us to report game review scores too -- namely when 6souls compiles all the review scores for games from different sites into a single post.

For example:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...gn#post6040440
    As long as it's not a direct link or a whole quote taken for the review I "think" it should be ok.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't know the details of the C&D order, but couldn't we take this to social media and out them for their fuckery if they have no authority to do what they are doing? Something like an email explaining what happened sent to consumerist or another corporate watchdog website could stop all of you from having to clean house. There's nothing like negative media attention about the big bad corp picking on the little non-profit gaming forum to make them think twice about blanket threats.

You do that AFTER you comply with C&D.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    You do that AFTER you comply with C&D.
    ^ Which I believe it was said earlier, we'll handle ours and then theirs.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't really have a super comprehensive understanding of legal knowledge, but how (and why) would you C&D stuff that's in the public, free domain and even gets them more hits/publicity/etc?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I don't really have a super comprehensive understanding of legal knowledge, but how (and why) would you C&D stuff that's in the public, free domain and even gets them more hits/publicity/etc?
    Greed.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    If it's anything like the recent nonsense that has been happening between FGC sites, it's a matter of BG apparently taking revenue away from the other sites by quoting (or whatever) IGN's intellectual property.

Granted I would assume that it probably all evens out at the end since a linked article would get read by people who would never bother to see it in the first place, but people get stupid about this kind of stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast