1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With Fan Fest being here, I'll probably completely revamp the Expansion section in some form or fashion. I'll highlight statements that are confirmed in a different color for sure.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Completely revamped and combined information in the Expansion section.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Essentially Dark Knight has just been hinted at, making all of that predated Dark Knight information correct.

Samurai should also be on the way, by proxy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cheers for the 'dangers in the field' and 'more stats' answers :3

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd actually care about new armor beyond vanity reasons if it had something to offer me beyond +2 to relevant stats... so the idea they might add more unique stats now that the base is in place makes me a bit happy. The boring stale I.lv itemization was and still is one of my biggest complaints with XIV, I hope they follow through on this train of thought and offer us some variety... obviously not as vast as XI but a lovely mid ground on the side of XIV would be nice.

Adding danger to the open world seems nice and I get their point that some people might go "Its an RPG not a stealth!" like they said, but I mean... dying because you wandered into an area 30 levels above you is like, staple MMO... who would be stupid enough to not expect that and even go as far as to complain? ... Eh, whatever, I get they were trying to be super casual friendly.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

the bees got taken out,
    you are literally hitler

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I would gladly, and I mean GLADLY, agro a level 90 goblin and get murdered, as compared to getting heavy'd by a level 45 sylph.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    I would gladly, and I mean GLADLY, agro a level 90 goblin and get murdered, as compared to getting heavy'd by a level 45 sylph.
    I have to agree in the sense of "fuck heavy". Worse thing ever.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Heavy is definitely fucking awful, but i'd rank the nerf to Teleport/Return while on a monster's hate list/having aggroed it and being within it's area as even more obnoxious at times.

They're both terrible though.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    Ugh, this fills me with so much rage because every time I get heavied it happens like 10 times in a row. If mobs build resistance to a CC, then why can't I? I mean I'm the fucking warrior of light who can easily wreck them. So why does heavy get reset to 20 seconds every time it procs?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That's why you be a healer. Drop mount, esuna/leech, sprint away, mount back up. GG.

But I agree. It's extremely annoying running around as a non-healer doing stuff and getting hit with it. It's the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ugh, this fills me with so much rage because every time I get heavied it happens like 10 times in a row. If mobs build resistance to a CC, then why can't I? I mean I'm the fucking warrior of light who can easily wreck them. So why does heavy get reset to 20 seconds every time it procs?
    Well, we do build resistance to things like mobs do, just not for choco heavy because fuck you that's why.

I think we'd all prefer the way it worked in 1.0 where you just got kicked off your bird if you took too much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Well, we do build resistance to things like mobs do, just not for choco heavy because fuck you that's why.

I think we'd all prefer the way it worked in 1.0 where you just got kicked off your bird if you took too much damage.
    Choco got lamed first, then it drops you and runs away.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Or can they at least make choco-heavy wear off when you get off the choco? Keep it in PvP since that's a balance thing but gtfo for open-world.

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Choco got lamed first, then it drops you and runs away.
    I don't remember the choco getting lamed very well, it didn't effect you if you dismounted tho right? Or if you were subsequently kicked off.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    This still happens, just it happening to you on a Lv.50 job a lot less opposed to if you're on a Lv.23 job and you get smacked by a Lv.35 mob.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Don't remember the chocobo dropping you in 1.X either when I played, I just remember dying when hit for some insane numbers. That and every mob had a ranged attack, and chased you FOREEVER.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You were knocked off after a certain amount of damage was done. I clearly remember this happening a couple times traveling to Ifrit's Aethershard in 1.0 since you had to run past some lvl 45-50+ Bees (ilu rocl). Usually just got lamed but you could always just dismount and remount to an unlamed chocobo.