The "Letter from the Producer LIVE Part II" Video & Q&A Summary Released! (Official Q&A)
(October 11, 2011)
* Wants a card game, but it must be developed to be a very good game, or he will reject the idea completely.
* Devs discussed if a dual-wielding job should be an extension of the gladiator class, or an entirely new job.
* If it's a new job, they would work it into becoming Ninja. (Ninja announced 3 years later).
* Dagger items would be shifted from Gladiator to scout-type class if implemented. (Confirmed 3 years later).
* Dev team has been discussing additional classes.
* Mage job prioritized after looking at then current list of classes. (Scholar and Summoner introduced at ARR).
* If they were to implement swimming chocobos (and mounts), they would only swim on the surface, and not dive underwater.
* Enchant system to be added. (Changed into the ARR materia system?)
Yoshi-P Interview Translation Project (4Gamer Translation, Complete)
(October 17, 2011)
* UI overhaul to allow for add-ons in future. (And optimized for PS3).
* Server vs Server PvP in place to see who has the best PvPers.
JPGAMES.DE: Our interview with Naoki Yoshida
(October 26, 2011)
* Specific areas for PvP.
* Warning messages for entering a PvP area.
* PvP-based servers a possibility pending player feedback.
* Special rewards for doing PvP content.
* Dragoon was geared to be a "critical hit" damage dealer.
* In-game world weather to change following the summoning of a primal (to cue other players into said summoning).
* Summon primal once, and then the primal is released back into the world.
[ChinaJoy 2012] Final Fantasy XIV Online – Interview with Producer
(July 28, 2012)
* Underwater mounts and content was considered before aerial mounts and content.
* Duel-based PvP system alongside arena-based PvP content.
* Game once had a cross server function to complete objectives. (This is now the Duty Finder system).
FFXIV Interview - 2012-08-20 Game Watch - Gamescom
(August 21, 2012)
* Primals planned to be content after their instanced battles.
* Entire Free Company would have the rights to summon.
* Everyone in Free Company would have to charge the summoning gauge to summon him/her.
* Gold Saucer would have poker, do roulettes, and have original games.
* Gold Saucer planned to be released in Ul'Dah, an area which is plagued by greed.
* Gold Saucer to be released after PvP content and Housing content was released.
* If content were to take to the skies, he would like it to be based on Final Fantasy XII.
* Story would revolve around the 7th Umbral Era and lead into the next expansion.
* Yoshi-P had the church built into the early ARR project so that he could eventually have players marry in future.
Starting over: Can Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn set things right? [Interview]
(August 21, 2012)
* Facebook and Twitter integration.
* App that will allow you to see what your friends are doing in game (This is now FFXIV Libra).
* Chocobo Raising system that would allow you to raise a chocobo into a fighter type, healer type, or caster type.
* Chocobo armor that would grant them stats to assist in battle.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Developer Interview
(August 22, 2012)
* Instanced-based fight for summonable primals.
* Instances has to be "found," preventing camping of primals.
* Achievements for "Speed Running" 2.0 content.
* Yoshida wanted the "perfect mini-game" that was unlike Chocobo Racing & Tetra Master (of FFXI).
Letter from the Producer LIVE III (Reinhart Translation)
(September 14, 2012)
* Mused about adding Red XIII (XIV) from Final Fantasy VII.
* Wanted to re-add "Buddy" system at a future point in time. (Re-imaging of FFXI's fellow system.)
* No set date for Musketeer Release.
* Devs have been discussing Ninja & Samurai, but unsure which to implement. (Ninja confirmed 2 years later.)
* Plans to support DirectX 10 & 11.
* Cannot go to Ishgard or Ala Mhigo yet. (Stated these two areas would take another year post-release of ARR.)
* Hamlet and Caravan content wasn't included in Alpha, but was promised to be in 2.0.
4Gamer - FFXIV interview 2/8/2013 - posted 2/22 (JST)
(Febuary 21, 2013)
* Wanted to expand a story that takes you to the Moon. (Later canceled and interpreted as a theory.)
* Cait Sith-like character to be added.
* Wanted Ifrit (and other primals) out as F.A.T.E.s after questline was finished. (Gave example from benchmark video. Originally claimed as a misinterpretation by Koji Fox.)
Final Fantasy XIV's Yoshida on PvP, chocobos, and mobile apps
(Febuary 23, 2013)
* "Reputation system" (akin to FFXI) in cities. (Shifted to Beastman Dailies)
* Access to auction board from mobile app.
* Chocobo abilities influenced by armor it wears. (They got rid of this idea by the time of Letter LIVE VI).
Final Fantasy XIV: Our new interview with Naoki Yoshida
(Febuary 26, 2013)
* Dark Knight, Samurai, Thief, and Ninja was considered (in addition to Blue Mage) as part of their plans. (Ninja confirmed a year later.)
* Mentioned that Gold Saucer would be very much like Final Fantasy VIIs, very casino-esque.
* Atomos would be referenced in the ARR storyline. (Ken then states that Atomos might be a focus from within the Labyrinth of Bahamut storyline.)
* Plans in the works to build your own airship with your guildmates.
* "Castle conquering" PvP matches.
Letter from the Producer LIVE VI (Reinhart Translation)
(April 8, 2013)
* Ability to own multiple [FC] houses.
* Great Swords to accompany new job.
* The Battle-Team discussed Samurai and Dark Knight as new jobs with a 2-handed weapon.
* Will be able to go to areas from 1.0. (Was asked if it was possible to go to Paglth'an again). Thinking about adding said areas in successive patches/expansions in future.
** Foxclon asked if people should "look forward to it" and Yoshi-P said yes.
* System to forecast the weather.
* Plans to remove player-only restriction in dungeons in stages (meaning companions in dungeons). (Stated that it's a "locked" function).
* Will address lack of Magitek mount footprints in snow in future.
* Looking for a good way to use Soken's rendition of "Terra's Theme" in future.
* Coloring magitek mounts to be introduced in future.
* Magitek mount companion content to be added in future.
* Function to allow players to view PvP matches as spectators to be implemented.
* Randomized dungeon elements not out of the question of implementation.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta 3 Slated for Early June, Preorders for Late May, More Info from Nico Nico Chokaigi 2 (UPDATED)
(April 28, 2013)
* Muskets to be useable by players in the future.
* Lore library to be added to game.