1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    This still happens, just it happening to you on a Lv.50 job a lot less opposed to if you're on a Lv.23 job and you get smacked by a Lv.35 mob.
    Didn't know that, never seen it happen.

Either way, the fact that the heavy effect persists on you after dismounting is the stupid/annoying part.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Didn't know that, never seen it happen.

Either way, the fact that the heavy effect persists on you after dismounting is the stupid/annoying part.
    Its pretty much the same in other games (remember it very well in tera and wow) and you couldn't remove the "slow" effect. Was pretty much for PVP stuff though in a way.

If there was anything in the open world that could even kill you, MAYBE there would be a reason for it.

But there isn't, so its existence in PvE is purely an inconvenience and annoyance. Even heavied and on foot nothings gonna kill you unless you're naked and running through a beastmen stronghold.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

we need lvl 90 Biast back

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

24 second heavy is stupid. heavy should be put on the chocobo, not the player, or have the heavy get removed if you dismount. cast bar on mounting is stupid too. also, a lv 35 mob shouldn't be able to A) aggro me or B) put a heavy debuff on me.

exposed and shit made sense in RIFT (well, after it was adjusted) because of open world PvP. in a game where it's all PvE all the time? no. it's just an annoyance.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't mind heavy, just believe it shouldn't reset to max timer with each successful proc. It should decay by half each time it procs.

In other news I'm highly interested in seeing if Red Mage and Mediator (Orator) will be revealed as new jobs. Dark Knight and Samurai are the giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    24 second heavy is stupid. heavy should be put on the chocobo, not the player, or have the heavy get removed if you dismount. cast bar on mounting is stupid too. also, a lv 35 mob shouldn't be able to A) aggro me or B) put a heavy debuff on me.

exposed and shit made sense in RIFT (well, after it was adjusted) because of open world PvP. in a game where it's all PvE all the time? no. it's just an annoyance.
    Just a couple things.

-The heavy is 20s
    -Mobs only aggro 10 levels below you, so a lvl 35 mob isn't going to aggro you unless you're ≤45.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

did they say something about removing the heavy stuff? didn't catch their comments.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll revamp this page again tomorrow night to include all new information from tonight. Enjoy reading the old stuff. :kappa:

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Information from Letter LIVE 19 merged into the older information. Deleted now irrelevant stuff as well. Still not done overall, however. After I add all of the newest expansion information, I'll go through the "Future Patches" section and delete old irrelevant information and move other information that has been properly identified or changed.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If people really want to be in for a shock, Yoshi-P gave away Dark Knight and Machinist a while ago:

MMORPG: What’s your favorite Final Fantasy class that is not in Final Fantasy XIV.

Yoshi - P: I really like Cecil’s story from Final Fantasy IV, so the Dark Knight. From Final Fantasy Tactics, the Machinist.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...re/8606/page/2

That was back in June, lol.

---

Edit: Finished. Combined all relevant information from both JP and EU Fan Fest with current information from Letter Live 18, 19 and EU/JP Keynotes. Removed 2.45 speculation and added links to official patches 2.41 & 2.45.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Preparing to update this yet again with all of the information floating around. Will be done by tomorrow evening.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Added some of the 2.55 info. There's also some trickle down information for 3.0 and 3.1 which had been out for a while, so I updated with that information as well. Still going.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Finished updating the relevant information using material from about 15 different interviews Yoshi-P had at PAX.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Got a nice message in my inbox wondering if I will be continuing this. I'll definitely do some information gathering on the weekend and see if I can't spruce the OP up and have it updated for 3.1.

The OP was actually created in such a way that it would gently depreciate in effectiveness as it reached the 3.0 expansion, but I think I can reach it out to 4.0 at this time. I'm sure Yoshi-P will start talking about the future of HEAVENSWARD and start discussing 4.0 by or around November.