+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Reading that Bill Burr was supposed to be Kuby this season but couldn't due to a close friend passing. Betting that Sobchek was supposed to be Kuby.
    Was expecting Bill Burr when they were waiting in the nail salon, guess that explains why it wasn't. Hope they can get him in for the last season at least.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    which BB episode shows the flashback where Hector kills Max?
    Season 4 episode 8.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Was expecting Bill Burr when they were waiting in the nail salon, guess that explains why it wasn't. Hope they can get him in for the last season at least.
    I was actually expecting Ira myself. Good way to re-incorporate Sobchek in the absence of Kuby. It worked either way.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Season 4 episode 8.
    Thanks meng

I watched the Mr X scene again once and then the ending scene with Gus and Mike a further four times. It's so good.

And then, after enjoying and rewatching Mike's revenge two nights ago, I watched S4 E8-10 of BB, skipping bits not too tied to BCS characters. E8 is mostly all Gus, and it was excellent seeing how beaming and happy he is tormenting Hector.

Max's death (and BB as a whole) is a lot more gritty than anything, even the cartel violence, in BCS. I mean, I guess I knew that but kinda forgot it.

Also older Mike is looking real good, hehe. He must get some really powerful skin care routine going on soon.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

New episode let’s go bitches!

BG Level

Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad spinoff, early 2015, already renewed)

Kim going dangerously down the same path as Skyler. Honestly not a fan, it’s either all in or not. Hated that on the fence shit. AMC writers seems to always hate females lol.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have to be honest. I did not expect to hear that last line come out of her mouth. I went and re-watched that last scene. Rhea Seehorn is great.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Am I the only person who thinks the two of them never had any sort of convincing chemistry whatsoever?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks the two of them never had any sort of convincing chemistry whatsoever?
    Convincing, no. And I don't know if that's necessarily pejorative. From me, anyway. None of what I'm about to say is new to anyone, but just my opinion. Most people think that Kim is out of Jimmy's league. And if you look at it from a professional aspect, sure. She's way above what he should be able to pull. Anyone who watches the show knows this.

But on a person to person level, Jimmy is always the one looking after her. It seems like genuine love for her. Trying to protect her in his own twisted way, Jimmy is always looking out for Kim. Just look at when she broke her arm. He was waiting on her hand and foot. Do you think she would have done the same for him? I'm not so sure. He's always encouraging her, or praising her for whatever goal they're trying to accomplish.

She is always lambasting him for one reason or another, discourages him to do things (granted some of the things are not on the up and up, but still) and is generally shitty to him. This is truly an opposites attract sort of deal. Jimmy's not that great of a person on a business level, but the people he cares for he'll do about anything for. Kim is the opposite. She's shitty to the people she cares about, but will do anything to please her partners.

She is so rigid (I imagine we'll get more backstory at some point) and it's hard for her to live anything but that lifestyle. But /something/ about Jimmy keeps her around. But it's at the cost of her own self destruction. The deeper he gets into Saul, the more she unravels.

I think the chemistry (or lack thereof) may very well be intentional. And they're both so deep in at this point, it's a sunken cost fallacy to them.

Anyway, I'm done rambling. Again, none of this is news to anyone, I just appreciate the show not treating the audience like idiots.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

"Yup!"

lol

One little nitpick about this episode though.

Spoiler: show
    It was copyright infringement I guess.. I think it's a stretch though that Kim would instantly recognize a photograph from some obscure artist like was probably taken over 50 years ago.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The whole gang (Mike, Nacho, Saul, Gus) is gonna come together to eliminate Lalo and it will be tragic and beautiful.

Kim is already withered and eroded enough there's no coming back. What little naive hope I had for her getting out intact and well is now long gone after these last few episodes.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    It was copyright infringement I guess.. I think it's a stretch though that Kim would instantly recognize a photograph from some obscure artist like was probably taken over 50 years ago.
    I doubt she recognized that specific photograph, just noticed that the logo came from something Mesa Verde didn't own, than researched the source afterwards.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

She works for the company, when she saw a photo in his home office (thanks to Mr X) that looked almost identical to the logo she immediately recognized it - and correctly suspected that they didn't have the rights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Heres a brain wrinkle after this episode.

What if Kim isnt dead, and
    is married to Jimmy for the whole of breaking bad?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Heres a brain wrinkle after this episode.

What if Kim isnt dead, and
    is married to Jimmy for the whole of breaking bad?
    then Gene is gonna ring her up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

only 3 episodes left, nooo. then what? another 18 months!?

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Well they didn't waste any time getting married. I thought it was funny how Huell was trying to convince Jimmy to take her on a honeymoon or something. When the Judge was reading the vows it was a nice moment when they were looking into each other's eyes. Kim really does love Jimmy I think.

I was shocked Gus blew up his own place. Damn dude.. ha ha!

BG Level

Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad spinoff, early 2015, already renewed)

God damn it Kim. You fucked up!

Although I can see this as the seed of why Kim is MIA in Breaking Bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    God damn it Kim. You fucked up!

Although I can see this as the seed of why Kim is MIA in Breaking Bad.
    Not sure if Lalo knows 100% who he has. He called her Mrs. Goodman. They made a pretty big deal about her keeping her name at the probate court.

Great touch in having the Davis + Main bottle be what Saul peed in. Also a great touch in him refusing the space blanket at first, and only reluctantly doing so at the end.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

so that's how long the Suzuki Esteem lasts

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

next episode is the penultimate episode of the penultimate season

part of me is sad but more of me is happy