+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Third episode was pretty damn good. Show has really so far exceeded my expectations.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

If I'm Nacho, Saul "finding" the family/money the same day I threaten his life with getting me the fk out of prison... I'm still all over thinking Saul set me up lol

They're doing a really good job with loose ends (imo) but this one's going to bug me if Nacho just hugs it out with Saul at the beginning of next episode..

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

These episodes really do seem to drag on, with them taking so much time on a particular scene when the same thing could be conveyed in less time. I only notice it because I binge watched this series yesterday and was getting annoyed with how long certain scenes take for no reason other then to waste time. Don't get me wrong, the plot is quite enjoyable, but I really just hated certain scenes that dragged on for no reason at all.

E. Body
    BG Level

Breaking bad had some "artistic" shots like that too.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    These episodes really do seem to drag on, with them taking so much time on a particular scene when the same thing could be conveyed in less time. I only notice it because I binge watched this series yesterday and was getting annoyed with how long certain scenes take for no reason other then to waste time. Don't get me wrong, the plot is quite enjoyable, but I really just hated certain scenes that dragged on for no reason at all.
    Oh definitely. Screw ever watching TV live these days, I skip through all the BS. The guys in charge basically see a good idea and know they'll make more money by dragging it out as long as possible. It's "artistic" + a lot more money if you have Saul warning the family 4 times, calling the gangster 4 times, and all the other "time wasters"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just got finished watching ep 3 and I've gotta say I'm going to enjoy seeing how Mike gets involved with all the dirty business seeing how much of a stickler for the rules he is.
    I'm assuming that him tipping Jimmy off is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Also, I wonder how much of a cut the family is going to offer him to keep his mouth shut.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Just got finished watching ep 3 and I've gotta say I'm going to enjoy seeing how Mike gets involved with all the dirty business seeing how much of a stickler for the rules he is.
    I'm assuming that him tipping Jimmy off is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Also, I wonder how much of a cut the family is going to offer him to keep his mouth shut.
    I don't know if you can call him a stickler for the rules with the way he thumbed his nose at the detectives. He obviously holds a grudge from his time on the force.

Mike was one of my favorite characters from BrBa so the more he is involved, the better.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I always enjoy Mike's time on the show. Whenever he is talking I just can't help but value what he is saying and listen. The guy is a true story teller. I'm loving this show so far. I can't believe this thread isn't larger than it is.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

it would just be more people bitching about how a spinoff to Breaking Bad employs some of the same stylistic touches and pacing as Breaking Bad

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Tuco is the fucking best. I would love a Tuco show. Mild mannered grandma's boy during the day, drug kingpin at night.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I haven't seen or heard any hints on the show, how many years before BrBa is this show?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I agree with this. I watched the 3rd ep on demand and I timed how long it took him to make a call (1st call family, 2nd call Nacho), it was 20 minutes.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i like this show but timelines

wouldn't the spartacus reference in this last episode have been a bit before its time?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post

wouldn't the spartacus reference in this last episode have been a bit before its time?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wow, lol

GATTACA!

BG Level

bruh

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ahgawd. This show is so good. Great episode.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

decent episode last night. Im not sure if its just me but the pacing in this show seems much slower than in BB... Maybe just me tho!

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Oh wow lol