+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    i like this show but timelines

wouldn't the spartacus reference in this last episode have been a bit before its time?
    u wot m8?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Im not sure if its just me but the pacing in this show seems much slower than in BB...
    As mentioned in the thread, this show does feel like its stretching its air time a bit too much, like wasting 3 minutes on slow granny in this week's episode. It makes me wonder if they could compress the show down to a 30min air time instead of an hour and make better use of the time they're given.

Spoiler: show
    Hoping they wrap up his brother's story soon since he's likely the plot device that'll make Jimmy have a change of character and become 'Saul'.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

All I know is that female lawyer is hot af.

Edit: Nevermind, has the same name as my ex-wife. She can burn in hell by association of names.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I dunno, it could be that they are just stretching air time... but I feel like the reason they stretch out some of these scenes is to attempt to invoke a feeling within the viewer. Like, say, the scene with the granny coming down the stairs... I assume they want the viewer to 'connect' with Jimmy a bit so you are forced to wait just like he is (also the scene is amusing as it is).

Who knows? Anyway, while the episode was good... I don't really feel like it was the content of the episode that was particularly good but rather the setup for what's to come that was good.
    I'm interested to see another Jimmy/Mike teamup and it seems we're getting closer to Jimmy and Hamlin hashing things out. That I wanna see.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

i think the pacing is indicative of Jimmy's life right now. its a slow grind to the top. I've enjoyed the show so far. Jimmy's brother is such an interesting character.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

it's a Vince Gilligan show so he has a reason for all of his choices, but this past episode seemed to drag more than others

I think it's just hard to get used to staying in the BrBa universe but with different beats

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I think it's just hard to get used to staying in the BrBa universe but with different beats
    To be fair, there were a fair amount of slow building episodes (and even seasons, to some extent) in Breaking Bad. I think perhaps the perception that Breaking Bad was so much faster is perhaps tainted by the relative break-neck speed of the final season, which is the most recent on everyone's mind.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    To be fair, there were a fair amount of slow building episodes (and even seasons, to some extent) in Breaking Bad. I think perhaps the perception that Breaking Bad was so much faster is perhaps tainted by the relative break-neck speed of the final season, which is the most recent on everyone's mind.
    Sure - "Fly" comes to mind. The stakes were much higher in BrBa though, with few exceptions. As I said in my post, it's that the beats are different, not that it's necessarily "slower" than BrBa.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

toilet dad was hilarious

FILL ME UP CHANDLER

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Sure - "Fly" comes to mind. The stakes were much higher in BrBa though, with few exceptions. As I said in my post, it's that the beats are different, not that it's necessarily "slower" than BrBa.
    That was probably my least favorite episode of BrBa. Was by far the slowest paced one.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think the pacing is fine.

Agreed, I actually like the slower pacing vs the ADD of most other TV shows lately.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This Mike centric episode was excellent

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I have always wanted to see Mike's past and that did not disappoint. So happy right now!

GATTACA!

BG Level

uh yeah can the whole show just be about Mike. that was fucking incredible

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Wait so...immediately after her husband was murdered, the cop's wife moved to ABQ? Was that explained?

yeah i didn't quite follow how she got to ABQ, didnt dwell on it too long personally since the episode was so strong otherwise, but yeh

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can someone explain to me the little girl? That's not the same little girl that is Mike's grand-daughter in BrBa is it? Otherwise doesn't she kind go ageless for like 6 or 9 years or whatever the time line is?

I only remember Mike having one grand-daughter. He was trying to save all that money and put it away for her when she turned 18. In BCS she's like what maybe 4-6? And she still plays at the playground on the park in BrBa, I don't know any 12+ year olds that play on a park. Or get babysat for that matter. And I know a lot of 12 year olds, I teach 7th grade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast