Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well nothing in this show or even Breaking Bad was done by mistake. I'm sure this was the intent all along. Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould seem to really have their shit in order.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This season is moving a lot faster than the previous 2. I feel like the build-up for both stores (Mike + Cartel, Jimmy + Chuck) is finally moving at a decent pace and we're seeing real development instead of the show meandering at points while we wait for key confrontations. The Court Case where Jimmy may finally lose his license, Mike teaming up with Gus. Both of these we've been looking forward to since Season 1 and we're closer than ever to it finally happening.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So present-day Jimmy Saul Gene is in bad shape.

I caught up on S3 E1-4 and I want more.

Mike needs no sleep.
    Jimmy's assistant is DMV-seasoned.
    Nacho man crushing hard on Gus.
    And I quite enjoy the Pollos Hermanos employee training videos on amc's site.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Am I the only one during that last episode that totally forgot for 25 mins that this show was supposed to be about Saul/Jimmy? Not implying this was a bad thing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Am I the only one during that last episode that totally forgot for 25 mins that this show was supposed to be about Saul/Jimmy? Not implying this was a bad thing.
    Not at all. After the whole thing in Mexico and other scenes involving Gus I was like awwww can we get more of that?

A. Body
    BG Level

What a wonderful, gritty episode. It's surreal how good this show is even when comparing to all the other "Peak TV" shows that are out there. I feel the Breaking Bad crew not only hasn't lost their touch, they are actually getting better and better if that's even possible.

i went from being super happy chuck got shit on to feeling genuine pathos for him during his outburst. what a great episode, gotdamn

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    i went from being super happy chuck got shit on to feeling genuine pathos for him during his outburst. what a great episode, gotdamn
    This was a particularly amazing episode; I was really glad they focused entirely on just the Jimmy portion of the storyline this week - this episode warranted it.

As much hate as there is for Chuck, he's still a dude suffering from a mental illness. And he painted Jimmy into a corner, forcing Jimmy to do what he did, both to protect himself from getting disbarred and, almost as a side effect, to help Chuck realize what he's suffering from is a mental illness. I will be really curious to see where Chuck's storyline goes from here, as obviously he never shows up in Breaking Bad. But, at the same time, there's no point where he would have logically done so, so it's not like he's required to be dead or gone, if you will.

was great to see jimmy clearly did not enjoy doing what he did. this is probably 1a or 1b (after five-o) for my favorite episode of the series i think

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Great goddammed episode. It goes to show for all those saying the Mike/Gus stuff is better (which it ADDS to the show), they can definitely have the Jimmy side of the show hold their own.

Oh, was also dyin when Huell showed up. Dude lost a TON of weight. Good for him. They can get away with it too, as it's set about 4 years back now. Could have easily gained weight in those other years.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Who's that guy? He has a lot of energy.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Surprised no one posted any of those yet:

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

bumpsauce

S3Ep9 is delicious finale build-up. Nacho's dad gonna martyr, Kim is figuratively dead, Jimmy has fully developed Saul's morals if not yet the name, security consultant Mike is poised to provide excellent services, Chuck is going hard in the paint, and everything moves through the Chilean.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    bumpsauce

S3Ep9 is delicious finale build-up. Nacho's dad gonna martyr, Kim is figuratively dead, Jimmy has fully developed Saul's morals if not yet the name, security consultant Mike is poised to provide excellent services, Chuck is going hard in the paint, and everything moves through the Chilean.
    We're getting close to where we knew these characters in Better Call Saul. Hector's about to stroke out, Kim's likely going to separate herself from Jimmy, Chuck and Jimmy are entirely separated, Jimmy is behaving like Saul (I imagine that the Sandpiper money will let him found his Saul Goodman practice), Mike is working for Gus and has his respect, etc. Realistically, the series could end this year and be a complete prequel for Breaking Bad. They can come up with some random plot lines for Mike, Gus, and Saul, but it seems like most of the character growth will be done and we'll be to BB's starting state for these characters. Sure, they can explore Chuck, Kim and Howard to their heart's content, but I don't see a lot of actions of consequence happening for the big three of Saul, Gus, and Mike.

That said, I have the utmost faith in Vince Gilligan, and I'm reasonably confident that whatever they do come up with will be fascinating and brilliant.

A. Body
    BG Level

think I read in an interview somewhere that Peter Gould said the show will not just be a BB prequel, and that once the prequel stories are done it will be about Saul Goodman post BB

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Saul is going to get Tuco out of jail.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

The last half of this season has been brilliant. Some shit is going to go down at Nacho's dad's shop.

Oh, I also really liked the scene where Mike meets Lydia for the first time when he goes to Madrigal Electromotive. That was he "official" hiring by Gus as his enforcer I guess.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ahem. Security consultant

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Oh, I also really liked the scene where Mike meets Lydia for the first time when he goes to Madrigal Electromotive.
    So that's the calm, controlled, collected Lydia that actually earned her position at Madrigal. Apparently, when Gus Fring died, she went a little bonkers, which makes sense, as she always seemed a little frazzled to be at her level of success in Breaking Bad.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    "To tell the truth, you never really mattered that much to me anyway." Liquid nitrogen levels. I want him to be dead in the next season. PLEASE die in the fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast