+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

season premiered last night boys, gonna be a pretty intense season methinks

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Enjoyable episode, as always. I enjoy the "Slow Burn" shows, and this is amongst the best.

I was a little confused about the exact process behind Mike's activities last night. I figured out the end result, which was pretty obvious, but someone on Reddit broke it down shot by shot to clarify things.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I really like how much Mike's actions are "show, don't tell" and you just kind of have to figure out what he is doing.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am trying to figure out Chuck's endgame

Spoiler: show
    for having Ernesto "accidentally" hear the tape. I know that Ernie is Jimmy's friend and I am sure he will tell Jimmy about the tape but not sure how it will destroy him.

he's definitely going to hurt jimmy through kim, not sure how ernesto plays into that but we shall see

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not a single comment about last night's amazing episode?

Reintroducing
    Victor, Francesca, and Gus Fring.

Mike's story got real interesting, real fast, and he finds himself suddenly (and surprisingly) on the other end of the drop for once. Jimmy McGill may be many things - subtle is not one of them. He might be good at getting people out of trouble, legally, but he's also very good at getting people into trouble.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

#fuckchuck

But yeah, this so is all kinds of amazing.

poor francesca

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah damn. Another really solid episode of this show. I really don't understand how more people aren't talking about it. That opening (once you realize what it means) is a genuinely cool thing. Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are an incredible pair of writers.

they really painted chuck as an overt douche in this episode and i enjoyed it. i like hating chuck

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So about that Mike part...
    Anyone else felt his means of getting the job done relied too heavily on a bit of luck? The most he could guarantee was the spot they'd likely stop at from watching them a previous time. But getting the shoes in the right place, managing to actually land the shot on the shoe that had the bag in it while the truck was moving, and having to compensate for any wind that may have picked up at the time seems too risky. Any part of the drug that didn't land on the step on the rear would have been blown off once they picked up speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    That opening (once you realize what it means) is a genuinely cool thing. Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are an incredible pair of writers.
    The opening meaning what, that it shows eventually Gus taking over that territory once the episode itself coined you in on the happenings there prior? The shoes were worn out (and finally fell), and that stop sign was full of holes that weren't present when Mike did his job, so something else is to happen there at some point.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    So about that Mike part...
    Anyone else felt his means of getting the job done relied too heavily on a bit of luck? The most he could guarantee was the spot they'd likely stop at from watching them a previous time. But getting the shoes in the right place, managing to actually land the shot on the shoe that had the bag in it while the truck was moving, and having to compensate for any wind that may have picked up at the time seems too risky. Any part of the drug that didn't land on the step on the rear would have been blown off once they picked up speed.

The opening meaning what, that it shows eventually Gus taking over that territory once the episode itself coined you in on the happenings there prior? The shoes were worn out (and finally fell), and that stop sign was full of holes that weren't present when Mike did his job, so something else is to happen there at some point.
    I won't disagree with you there. If that didn't happen the way it all worked out, who knows where Gus would have gotten with his game. Might have taken a bit longer than it did. But it's like in S5 of BB when Walt is about to turn himself in and it just so happens Gretchen & Elliott are on tv talking shit. It's just one of those it's so good it's acceptable and you just need to suspend disbelief

Yeah, exactly. It wasn't like an OMG moment, but just the care that went into even creating that scene. It wasn't necessary, just shows Gus' game worked out in his favor and his territory expanded. Was a nice touch.

wondering if mike's constant fucking with hector is what's gonna end up giving hector his stroke

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Either that or Mike slips Hector something the same way he slipped one of the cousins (Hector's nephews) some kind of poison that just messes him up real bad.

Hector seemed to be stroked out at least a bit as far back as when he Killed Gus' partner. You can see it the way he walks and acts in the flashback. So maybe Mike will help speed the process up. I can't wait to see whatever happens, tbh.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Goddamn. Last night's episode was so good! There were so many characters to re-appear from Breaking Bad. None of it feels forced either.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I Wish more people were talking about this. This Season is leaps and bounds better than the previous 2.

dunno i thought season 2 was very very good, this season is good too but it's not a sexy show so i guess this isnt quite the demo for it

E. Body
    BG Level

shit just escalates like Breaking Bad. Love the writing for these shows.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas View Post
    I Wish more people were talking about this. This Season is leaps and bounds better than the previous 2.
    The biggest difference I see between season 2 and season 3 is it would appear that the Jimmy & Mike Show is now going to be the Jimmy, Mike & Gus Show. I don't find it "better," per se, but there's certainly a stronger criminal element this season, which I could see appealing more to some people.

That being said - it doesn't matter to me who they focus on so long as the writing is as on point as it ever is; this show keeps my attention for all 60+ minutes every week without question.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just hope they don't split the time too much between the overall plots. Mike worked as a good counter to the legal ploddings of Jimmy's story, and now we have Gus filling a similar role as Mike's in that regard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast