Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Since the ashita forums are down, can the installation instructions be posted here? For me POL loads fine but the game itself shows only a black screen.
    Installation is simply drop the files into a folder from the .7z file I linked above and run Ashita.exe, other then that its just a matter of installation of required files if you get errors when it starts.

If you are getting a black screen only at start, then your resolutions are probably invalid.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah great can still use though really hope the forums/wiki go back up as they explain or can get help on things not in the read mes (plus I think some addons/plugins weren't in the ashita downloader) not to mention the ashitacast help as there is so much you can do with that it's rather hard learn just from the read me... heck I don't even really completely remember the thing I recently got help with on it lol.
    Sadly all of those help sites and our forum were lost in the hardware issues.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Sadly all of those help sites and our forum were lost in the hardware issues.
    Yeah I figured that would be the case. Shame a lot of helpful stuff/people on there. Hope they can make a come back

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How about all the third party FFACE applications and add ones? Were those lost also? And isn't there any backups, that should be pretty standard these days.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The most recent backup that was off-server is a few months old. Host is either unwilling or unable to provide access to the data on the server. RZN hasn't had time for FFEVO in quite a while, he's doing his best to get what he can back up.

I can't speak for RZN/Atomos, but I would not expect access to anything besides FFACE itself and Ashita in the near future from my understanding of the situation.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

seen as though ffevo is down. if Novo breaks someone give me a shout and i'll try fix it and upload it somewhere.

//xeno

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

dont ask for botting tools - admin

User was infracted for this post.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

no botting tools - admin

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yay updater is working again. Since no bug thread over there guess will post it here but after various things updated shorthand, statustimers, and loowhore all gave invalid interface version errors

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Try deleting them and then downloading through launcher again, they're all up to date on the git(confirmed just now). Possible something's going on with the updater, more likely it's just something to do with having a new git.

Failing that, you can download directly from the git until any issue is figured out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm launcher actually doesn't show any addons/plugins for some reason. But got them from git and looks like they are working.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

launcher wasn't able to auto update: ashitacast, shorthand and gearlock (could be others too but these 3 are the main ones I used).

also, find (addon) is coming back with an error now: "failed to call event 'command', error: find.lua:93: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got table). [don't know where to check for update for any of the addon since they don't appear to be on the git].

thanks for the Ashita team to keeping things running.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well, ffevo.net redirects to the git now, from which you can find most of what you may have been looking for. Apparently the mods did a complete 180 and I'm not allowed to direct link and save people the trouble of browsing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So after putting plugins in and starting up just fine last night I shutdown ashita and go to start it up and immediately get some system error program can't start because libzmq.dll is missing try reinstalling program... I look at an old copy of ashita I have on my external and that file doesn't even exist on it either. Interestingly the plugins/addons are back on the installer and despite telling me the program can't start it in fact does start

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    Well, ffevo.net redirects to the git now, from which you can find most of what you may have been looking for. Apparently the mods did a complete 180 and I'm not allowed to direct link and save people the trouble of browsing.
    Is the 3rd party/nonAshita stuff going to be put back up? Or is that all based on their respective author?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Can't answer questions about that sort of stuff, as apparently it violates forum policy now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It was always a violation of forum policy. Talking about strategies that involve clipper seemed to be fine, discussing botting is bad, direct linking anything 3P bad. BG basically wants to avoid becoming an exploit distribution hub.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My problem with it is that anything that can be done with [DLL] can also be done with windower/ashita, and windower APIs require much less programming knowledge than the others.

Essentially, anything [DLL] does is provided in an equally accessible manner through windower and they're fine with that.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Barring skill-up scripts, I can't think of anything automated through Windower that's acceptable to post here either.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I didn't post any applications here either, though. Just a link to [DLL] and a statement that an application isn't available. Unsure which they got bent out of shape about, but neither seems particularly harmful to the community.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast