BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

GearSwap can do all that and it's not possible to be faster in precast/midcast because we do essentially the same way.

Lootwhore's functions are probably covered by Lottery.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnoftle View Post
    Afaik ashitacast is better than gearswap in terms of refresh rate and precast/midcast handling. It also allows you to equip items based on augments (so you could have multiple aug'd items that are the same piece but still used for different purposes). Although, my knowledge of gearswap is outdated. All in all its pretty sweet. Lootwhore is badass enough of a reason to use ashita over w4 anyway.
    there's little reason in trying to prove which is better - people should use whichever they prefer to use. their features are essentially the same - half of the developers for each share ideas with each other regularly

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So ashitacast has the same advantages over spellcast that gearswap does?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Ashita v2 [Windower Alternative] Now Live!

Probably ppl did miss the part were byrth said that he and the author of ashitacast did share info, in term of functionality they are the same, they do the same job on different platform.

ATM the only reason I would use ashita over windower would be the "black market" addons/pluging they have, and probably they are on windower if I try to search for them...

One plus I've always liked.
    Windower for years, would always end up crashing when logging out and back in on a mule. Maybe not the first time but after logging out a few times in a row I would crash eventually.

Ashita, long as I've used it, has never POL crashed for me. Logging in and out mules multiple times back to back and never crashes.

Some has always said plugins on windower causes it, while others have said it's the different ways Windower and Ashita hook ffxi. It's just a bug that's drove me crazy, being scared to logout and wonder if I was going to crash or not.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sithel View Post
    One plus I've always liked.
    Windower for years, would always end up crashing when logging out and back in on a mule. Maybe not the first time but after logging out a few times in a row I would crash eventually.

Ashita, long as I've used it, has never POL crashed for me. Logging in and out mules multiple times back to back and never crashes.

Some has always said plugins on windower causes it, while others have said it's the different ways Windower and Ashita hook ffxi. It's just a bug that's drove me crazy, being scared to logout and wonder if I was going to crash or not.
    I found it only happens if I log in/out a couple times without zoning first. If I zone out of MH then back in and logout it doesn't happen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    ATM the only reason I would use ashita over windower would be the "black market" addons/pluging they have, and probably they are on windower if I try to search for them...
    I think most if not all of what I think you mean by blackmarket ones on the same site just in the fface program section. Though a lot (maybe all) work as separate programs instead of addons that read stuff from and input commands into windower vice being a part of it

That's interesting, I'll try it. I always forgot the mention when shutting down via windower I get "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working" and that's 100% of the time. Ashita has never done that. I'm not bashing windower btw, I in fact use windower, mainly because of the amount of addons and plugins it has. I absolutely love Scoreboard, so would probably not consider Ashita fulltime until something similar was added.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think most if not all of what I think you mean by blackmarket ones on the same site just in the fface program section.
    all of my shady stuff are written as plugins rather than FFACE apps (having access to packet handlers makes things very easy to break)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think most if not all of what I think you mean by blackmarket ones on the same site just in the fface program section. Though a lot (maybe all) work as separate programs instead of addons that read stuff from and input commands into windower vice being a part of it
    No he is most likely referring to ashita extensions such as No-ckback, Peekaboo, AllMaps, Onevent and previously Watchdog.

Ashita has a lot of extra stuff compared to windower. Whilst you can probably do most/all of it through luacore on windower, nobody has and if they did the windower devs would likely not allow distribution through themselves. As a blank slate starting ffxi or swapping from vanilla to a windower, ashita is definitely the better choice.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've asked a similar question in the Windower thread; is it at all possible to get this to work in Wine? Perhaps a commandline client instead of the .net using libraries that wine cannot/will not support. It's not a major thing for me, but perhaps there are people out there who want a windower-type program who are just waiting for it to work to play FFXI again.

I imagine that the hook Ashita uses might also need some cryptic stuff that Wine also does not/will not support.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Some nice discussions going on here Glad to see there are new people interested in Ashita and trying it out for the first time.

To begin, Ashita was made as an alternative to Windower. Not in any means competition. Just a different choice for the users / players to have. That being said, both teams have a different outlook on the project and its purposes as well as what is/isn't open source and public. While Windower does have open source development for addons, they do not for plugins. Ashita does not wish to lock this down to developers only, and instead our SDK (known as the ADK (Ashita Development Kit)) is entirely open source to anyone that wishes to make plugins. We also offer addon development to anyone too.

While there are some disagreements in the ways certain things are done / handled by either project, we are by no means here to step on anyones toes or try to proclaim our project is better than the other etc. That is entirely up to the users to decide. The project at hand is only as good as the users using it say it is.

As for AshitaCast being better than GearSwap/SpellCast, the developer (Lolwutt) is cooperative with the Windower development team and I'm sure that both plugins/addons work very similar, if not exactly the same to produce the same results as the persons working on them are on speaking terms.

The plugins/addons for the "blackmarket" stuff are all addons. None of which require external applications. They are all done via LuaCast for Ashita v1. They do, however, need to be updated to v2 since v1 is now discontinued.

I enjoy that you guys are checking out our project, giving a shot and enjoying it. But please do keep the chat and discussions friendly about Windower. We are not here to fight or compete, but to just offer an alternative for those that seek something else.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another reason for people to look into Ashita is if they're on windows 8 and can't get windower 4 to run at all. This happens to me on my new laptop and when they stop supporting 3.4, I didn't have any other choice but to try Ashita (v1 and now up to v2).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Another reason for people to look into Ashita is if they're on windows 8 and can't get windower 4 to run at all. This happens to me on my new laptop and when they stop supporting 3.4, I didn't have any other choice but to try Ashita (v1 and now up to v2).
    At the moment I am the sole developer of v2, and cannot guarantee it will work on Windows 8. I developed and tested v2 on Windows 7. However, I do have a few close alpha/beta testers whom are on Windows 8 that helped secure the usage of Ashita v2 on Windows 8. As far as I know it works fine (given in most cases you need to manually run as Administrator) but overall so far so good.

If you do run into any issues, feel free to let me know. I can always snag a copy of Win8 and toss it on a VM to test.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    At the moment I am the sole developer of v2, and cannot guarantee it will work on Windows 8. I developed and tested v2 on Windows 7. However, I do have a few close alpha/beta testers whom are on Windows 8 that helped secure the usage of Ashita v2 on Windows 8. As far as I know it works fine (given in most cases you need to manually run as Administrator) but overall so far so good.

If you do run into any issues, feel free to let me know. I can always snag a copy of Win8 and toss it on a VM to test.
    7+ months in and went through win 8 -> 8.1 update on my laptop and so far so good. I also run another instance on an old desktop which is still win7. The only time I have ever run into problem is when I forgot to "Run as Admin" which is just user error.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ashita have anything similar to Yarnball? Windower's Timers isn't a suitable replacement. Also, is there anything for keeping track of R/E/M Aftermath?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Ashita have anything similar to Yarnball? Windower's Timers isn't a suitable replacement. Also, is there anything for keeping track of R/E/M Aftermath?
    Ashita v1 had Tracker which is open source if you care to look into porting it over to v2. But currently, no there is no replacement for Yarnball made for v2.
    As for tracking R/E/M aftermath, I also do not believe we have something for that currently. You are welcome to join the FFEvo forums and suggest it be made though to the plugin/addon developers that are already making and releasing things.

I personally do not play the game at all so I have no way to create/test something like the aftermath effects.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Some Ashita v2 Updates / News
    • Some bug fixes have been released for the Ashita core.
    • Some bug fixes and updates to the Launcher have been released.
    • Several fixes for TParty and the new 1000/3000tp changes.
    • Minor bug fix for ChatMon detecting emotes regardless of who they were directed at.
    • Added a command to allow the gamepad to work while FFXI is not in focus.
    • Adjusted the default font size of FPS addon to be smaller.
    • Added PNG file support for Screenshot plugin.
    • Updated Distance addon to have configuration options.
    • Fixed issue with WindowerInput not handling // commands properly.

For those looking for a SpellCast / GearSwap alternative, check out the following:
    - AshitaCast -- The main core of handling all the needed functionality of the automated gearing / swapping and so on.
    - DressMe -- Automatically gathers your gear needed for various equipment sets.
    - Shorthand -- Shortens the required commands to type to execute abilities, spells, and so on.

We have several new plugins posted up on the forums now:
    - Guildwork -- The infamous Guildwork plugin that has been developed for Ashita and now rewritten for Ashita v2.
    - Costume -- Allows setting your own and others costume based on blacklists other filters.
    - Volumizer -- Allows setting the current Ashita instances process volume with commands.
    - Novo -- Allows altering your player status and GM flag.
    - Servo -- Allows controlling multiple characters at once, on the same machine or even across the internet / LAN.
    - WatchExp -- Monitors and displays various useful exp information, merit info, and timers for Dynamis etc.
    - AshitaIRC -- Allows connecting to an IRC server for chatting in-game.
    - Lootwhore -- Allows for automated looting/passing of items as well as sorting and moving items to other containers etc.
    - Enternity -- Allows for skipping cutscenes automatically by pressing enter for you when needed.
    - LinkMe -- Allows for opening links said in chat.
    - StatusTimers -- Displays a countdown/countup over buff/debuff icons.
    - Logger -- Creates chat logs on disk of what is sent to the chat log.
    - BlinkBeGone -- Removes the blinking side effects of swapping gear.
    - No-ckback -- Removes the knockback effects of any ability done to your character that would otherwise push them back.
    - Autojoin -- Auto-joins party invites based on configurations.
    - Move -- Allows altering the window position and movement of the game window.
    - Navi -- Allows simple navigation recording and replaying to automate movement.
    - VNM -- Allows movement while checking for VNMs by sending /heal packets for you. (THIS IS AN EXPLOIT AND CAN GET YOU BANNED!)

We also have several new addons:
    - Gateway -- Automatically forces all doors in the game open.
    - mapdot -- Allows players to see the orange dots on the mini-map that only certain jobs can see, but on any job!
    - ibar -- An information bar that displays various helpful data.
    - pbar -- An information bar that displays data about your current pet.
    - IME -- Allows clients other than Japanese to use the in-game IME toolbar.
    - FilterScan -- Allows players to force-filter widescan results.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What are the chances of getting banned for something like No-ckback?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The odds are low, because someone would have to report you and then a GM would have to come observe you not getting knocked back multiple times (because it's possible to resist knockback they probably wouldn't ban you for one no-knockback).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast