Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Does ashita have anything similar to battlemod? It's a chatlog replacement that displays quicker (easier to stun/react to things using log) and condenses/streamlines events into a fewer number of lines when possible. "X is asleep. Y is asleep. Z is asleep." on 3 lines becomes "X, Y, and Z are asleep." on a single line for example. I'd like to give ashita a try but I don't think I could go back to the laggy vanilla chatlog.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Shazu View Post
    What are the chances of getting banned for something like No-ckback?
    There is always a chance of being banned using a third-party tool but it is extremely low. This is because No-ckback works by altering an incoming packet sent from the server to your client. The server already assumes you were knocked back and there is no "validation" of where your characters new position is. However it is not something hard for SE to add checks to on the server. So it is still a definite use-with-caution and at-your-own-risk type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Does ashita have anything similar to battlemod? It's a chatlog replacement that displays quicker (easier to stun/react to things using log) and condenses/streamlines events into a fewer number of lines when possible. "X is asleep. Y is asleep. Z is asleep." on 3 lines becomes "X, Y, and Z are asleep." on a single line for example. I'd like to give ashita a try but I don't think I could go back to the laggy vanilla chatlog.
    Currently, no. No one has seemed interested in making one for Ashita. I personally do not even play the game so I don't invest too much time in side-projects like addons and plugins unless it is something I am asked about or something I am personally interested in debugging / reversing.

However you can request it on our forums and see if anyone is interested in making one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v2.0.0.19
    • Fixed issues regarding going from FFXI -> POL -> FFXI all in the same instance.

Ashita should now fully work properly logging out to PlayOnline and back into FFXI in the same instance. There should no longer be any need to restart PlayOnline if you are kicked back to PlayOnline at any time for any reason. You can just log back into FFXI and everything should work as expected.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    However you can request it on our forums and see if anyone is interested in making one.
    seeing all the shit byrth has to deal with...

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

So I've decided to convert over afterall. Is there any tutorial on switching from windower? like how to handle converting windower scripts?

Also, I notice the game is in the original dark mode is there a mode to emulate a brighter game like with windower?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The darkness that you're seeing is actually related to lighting, as backward as that may sound, and the Windower toggle simply turns this on and off. Besides adjusting your gamma settings for an overall difference, deactivating FFXI's lighting will give you the brightness you're looking for.

This thread is outdated, and you will want to read it to the end, but until a current Ashita user provides more up-to-date info, it may suffice:

http://www.ffevo.net/topic/2893-gamma-and-brightness/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    So I've decided to convert over afterall. Is there any tutorial on switching from windower? like how to handle converting windower scripts?

Also, I notice the game is in the original dark mode is there a mode to emulate a brighter game like with windower?
    F11? Works for me anyway.

and the traveler
    BG Level

I used windows GREP to add a foward slash before all of my windower scripts.

W4 syntax: input /equip "head" "drachenhorn"

ashita syntax: /input /equip "head" "drachenhorn"

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

ah, nice. That's the only diff?

and the traveler
    BG Level

For scripts at least, yeah.

If you're looking for packet swaps, Ashitacast is configured via xml similar to spellcast, the default examples in root/config/ashitacast are great starting points.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Having a pretty weird issue. I've booted up ashita once before and it worked, but now it's freezing at the login and can't see anything but a blue screen. Can only close it via task manager as well.

Tried deleting and downloading from scratch but still having the same issue

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Having a pretty weird issue. I've booted up ashita once before and it worked, but now it's freezing at the login and can't see anything but a blue screen. Can only close it via task manager as well.

turn off all your plugins and see if it still happens

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

For gamma and lighting concerns, you can use the built-in ambient command that is included in Ashita v2:
    http://doc.ffevo.net/doku.php?id=ashitav2:commands

@Cream Soda: Are you playing on private servers or retail? If you do play on a private server, I would recommend you attempt the following:
    • Unload all plugins and addons and try again.
    • Run Check Files to ensure you are on the latest version of the retail client.
    • Update your graphics card driver.

Be sure that if you are doing the check files method of updating, that you delete a dat file first or it wont work.
    (Delete ROM\0\0.DAT for easiest working method.)

Ashita v2 News / Updates

As of this post, the current Ashita version is now at 2.0.0.20. Over the last month or two there has been a few small updates pushed to fix various minor bugs and so on. Here is a small list of some of those fixes and updates:
    • Fixed issues with logging out to PlayOnline then trying to log back into FFXI in the same instance causing crashes.
    • Fixed an issue where WindowerInput would not process Windower specific style commands. (Commands without the /)
    • Fixed an issue where WindowerInput would not process Windower specific style commands. (Commands with multiple commands in one line, separated with ';')
    • Added new target library for addons. (see http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3468-non-...es/#entry39218 for more info)
    • Added missing switch function for the new target Lua functions.
    • Added support to get_target for: 't' and 'r'. (see http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3468-non-...es/#entry39234 for more info)
    • Added new function to target.lua 'get_last_teller' to obtain the name of the last person that whispered your character.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause font objects to not properly save their positions if they use negative values.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause empty text objects to still show a background (if visible).
    • Font objects will no longer force update their primitives if the SetPosition coords match the previous coords.
    • Font objects will no longer force update their primitives if the SetText string matches the previous text.
    • Fixed an issue with keybinds that would cause the main key bound to not be blocked properly.
    • Fixed a small bug in Addons plugin that caused the Lua state to not load properly.

New Plugins / Addons
    We have a few new additions to our third-party lineup since the last post as well.

Deeps (by kjLotus) - Deeps is a damage recording and displaying plugin to show everyones damage, dps, as well as other useful information based on combat data such as hit/miss rate, crit rate, evasion information as well as specific details for each player including weapon skills and skillchains!

http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3509-deeps-beta/

Duration (by Lolwutt) - Duration is a plugin to track your active buffs, both on yourself and others. Buffs effecting more than one person are listed by the party leader of the spell's target at cast time for ease of use when bard swapping. If you cast an aoe spell on someone outside your alliance, the target will be used instead of their party leader(as the information isn't available).

http://oi62.tinypic.com/13yqpav.jpg

http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3511-duration-100-beta/

Campaign
    BG Level

wow nice additions!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Set your background resolution to something like 2048 x 2048. And also set your menu resolution to 0 x 0 or something more valid for the game. This issue happens regardless of Ashita depending on the values you use for these resolutions. If they are invalid or something your system can't handle, it will mess up.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ah, that got it going, thanks. Just wasn't sure since it did work previously and then stopped. We're good now though.

Anyone have any ambient color configurations that are better than super bright or super dark?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ashitacast no go as of today's login

"Failed to load plugin module 'ashitacast.dll'. error code: 126" - one one char
    "Failed to load plugin module 'ashitacast.dll'. Invalid interface version. Expected: 1.01000, got 1.000000" - on the other (dual boxing atm)

Was working previously; and went back to the ashitacast thread on ffevo and downloaded a new .dll and getting same errors

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ashitacast no go as of today's login

"Failed to load plugin module 'ashitacast.dll'. error code: 126" - one one char
    "Failed to load plugin module 'ashitacast.dll'. Invalid interface version. Expected: 1.01000, got 1.000000" - on the other (dual boxing atm)

Was working previously; and went back to the ashitacast thread on ffevo and downloaded a new .dll and getting same errors
    Ashita interface was updated. Looks like Ashitacast was updated around noon today. Make sure you're actually using the newest DLL and are putting it in the correct folder.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

"Failed to load plugin module 'ashitacast.dll'. error code: 126"
    for future reference, error code 126 usually means the dll wasn't found. and yeah, the interface was updated (my fault ), so every plugin (but not addon) will have to be updated

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Hello everyone, some more updates for the Ashita project.

• Font objects can now align based on anchor points. (Thanks kjLotus!)
    • Font objects can now anchor to other font objects. (Thanks kjLotus!)
    • Font objects can now have click handlers set to handle mouse clicks. (Thanks kjLotus!)
    • Minor fixes for the recent font changes.
    • Added new command to easily fully block the mouse. (/blockmouse)
    • Small update to fix background texture sizing. (Thanks kjLotus!)
    • The new Launcher now handles plugins for automatic updates and easy downloading.

Thanks to kjLotus for his contributions to Ashita for these font object changes. His plugin has caused the objects to be much more dynamic and intuitive for plugins to create much more detailed objects. The Deeps plugin has undergone major changes due to these updates. The plugin now looks like this:

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast