Closed Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v2 [Windower Alternative] Now Dead!

Ashita v2

What is Ashita?
    Ashita is a third-party application [and hook] that allows you to play Final Fantasy XI in a windowed mode seamlessly across multiple instances on the same PC. Along with the windowing features, Ashita also brings a handful of various features that allow players to extend the game. Ashita brings features such as:

• Addons written in Lua that can be developed by anyone.
    • Plugins written in C/C++ that can be developed by anyone. (See below.)
    • Text objects that are drawn onto the screen that allow players to extend the normal game information displayed on screen at all times.
    • Simple text scripts that allow executing commands and extend the default macro system.
    • And much much more!

Important Links

Installing Ashita v2
    You can follow the small guide here to install Ashita v2:
    http://ashita.atom0s.com/wiki/doku.p...how_to_install

What are Addons?
    Addons are scripts written in Lua that have access to the Ashita plugin ADK (Ashita Developer Kit). Addons can allow users and developers to easily and quickly create new features for their game.

Given that addons are written in a scripted language, they can be easily and rapidly created, modified, and extended to create all kinds of unique features, adjustments to the game, as well as create new endless possibilities for players to automate various tasks.

What are Plugins?
    Plugins allow developers to create applications that can extend, better, or automate game play in endless ways. Ashita exposes a feature rich plugin interface that has a handful of useful things already done for developers to allow them to quickly create new things. This helps make the process of getting setup and running a new plugin extremely quick and painless.

Plugins have countless possibilities and endless limits. Developers can reach deep into their creativity and bring out some massive potential to create new, amazing, and helpful tools that will ultimately change their experience while playing the game.

Best of all, Ashita's development kit (ADK) is fully open source and anyone can develop for it!

The ADK is designed to work specifically with C/C++ but any language that can properly import the interfaces should be able to create plugins, such as Delphi, ASM, etc.

What are Scripts?
    Scripts allow non-programmers the ability to easily use pre-defined commands to perform various actions. Scripts can be bound to various keys to extend it's functionality. Scripts can be used to perform simple tasks such as changing various equipment slots at once then performing actions such as a weapon skills or magic abilities.

Ashita History
    Ashita was originally created, by RZN, on Aug 19, 2011 and was originally named 'FFACE 5'. The idea was to replace the FFACE project with a full windowing ability and feature set that would replace the traditional FFACE.dll.

Later, due to major design changes, adjustments and alterations the project was instead separated from the FFACE project and was given its name 'Ashita' on Feb. 20, 2012.

Around version 1.0.0.10 of Ashita, atom0s had joined the project as a plugin developer with the means of becoming a core developer to help the project grow. After creating several key plugins that users were accustom to from another project, atom0s began working with RZN on the core. Soon after atom0s became a core/lead developer with RZN on the whole project.

Ashita underwent lots of changes and improvements and partial rewrites of various parts of the core. Soon after, the project had grown in popularity and it saw many new third-party plugins from various players alike.

After development slowed down, the idea to recode Ashita from the ground up came into play to redesign most of the core code. The idea and intent was to:
    • Overall cleanup the core code.
    • Create a more flexible plugin system that would prevent plugins from breaking between core updates.
    • Fix a handful of bugs that arised into Ashita's original code base that were becoming hard to track down.

Soon after the discussions the development of Ashita v2 began.

So Whats New In Ashita v2?
    • LuaCast has been majorly overhauled and is now renamed to Addons allowing true Lua based plugins in addon form.
    • Text objects created by Ashita are now moveable with the mouse.
    • The plugin ADK has been overhauled to make plugins not have to be recompiled every Ashita update.
    • Pointer information used by Ashita is now external and can be fixed by anyone.
    • Various bug fixes from v1.
      • Fixed bug that would cause character movement when Ashita lost and regained focus. (Ex. alt+tab, or minimizing to tray.)
      • Fixed bug that would cause packets to be dropped improperly when handling a packet within a stacked packet chunk.
      • Fixed bug that would cause the mouse to not snap to the proper place when allowing the game to handle mouse movements.
      • Fixed bug that would cause Ashita to crash when sending commands to the game from a startup script.

Who can write addons and plugins?
    Anyone! Addons are writing in Lua and are fully open source. Our plugin ADK is also fully open source so anyone can create new plugins for Ashita and release them on our forum. Feel free to jump on our IRC or join our forums to get more involved with creating addons and plugins!

Join us on IRC at:

Server: irc.rizon.net
    Port: 6667
    Channel: #ffevo

Rizon offers various services such as NickServ, ChanServ, HostServ, as well as a free BNC if users wish to make use of it. Check their site out here for more info on their network:
    https://www.rizon.net/

Needs more Corsair roll addon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by coldbrand View Post
    Needs more Corsair roll addon.
    Feel free to request it on our forum and someone may make it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How is it to use compared to windower? Like the forums don't seem to have a lot of basic info on how to use various parts of it. Also how does ashitacast compare to say GS?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a windower to ashita migration tool?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Does Ashita offer multiple controller support for multiple instances? (Windower uses the same control pad, so the character has to be the active window for it to work)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I See a few different Plugins that replicate spellcast / gearswap on the site, but no real guides and / or example files to begin with. I'd really like to try Ashita out. Is there anywhere that I could find something like that? It would be really helpful for people who don't know how to do that sort of thing from scratch. Something along the lines of the "gearswap shop thread".

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Pretty sure all the documentation about AshitaCast is included in the files when you download it, you also get 11 jobs .xml(s) that are really easy to edit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Is AshitaCast supported in v2 now?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    How is it to use compared to windower? Like the forums don't seem to have a lot of basic info on how to use various parts of it. Also how does ashitacast compare to say GS?
    Not sure what you mean by this. Can you go into a bit more specific detail on parts that you are unsure of how to use? Our documentation wiki has most information for the general parts, commands, and development info. If there are other parts you feel we should document, feel free to suggest them.

http://doc.ffevo.net/doku.php

Quote Originally Posted by Tronian View Post
    Is there a windower to ashita migration tool?
    Sorry, but no. Ashita is not compatible with things from Windower, and vise-versa. Getting Ashita setup is quick and easy though so if you are interested in trying it out, by all means do. There is no commitments to using our software, so if you feel it is not right for you, simply just delete the entire Ashita folder and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Does Ashita offer multiple controller support for multiple instances? (Windower uses the same control pad, so the character has to be the active window for it to work)
    Currently no. I do not have multiple controllers to test things like this out. However the controller setup does require the instance of FFXI to be in focus to work.

However, we do have a new command you can use to allow the specific instance of FFXI to also accept controller input when it is out of focus:
    • /gamepad allowbg
    • /gamepad allowbackground

Quote Originally Posted by DaFang View Post
    I See a few different Plugins that replicate spellcast / gearswap on the site, but no real guides and / or example files to begin with. I'd really like to try Ashita out. Is there anywhere that I could find something like that? It would be really helpful for people who don't know how to do that sort of thing from scratch. Something along the lines of the "gearswap shop thread".
    The plugins you are referring to are written by a third-party. Feel free to post in their thread(s) to request documentation for anything you are having problems with. And as others have stated, the downloads include examples and such to get you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Restrat View Post
    Is AshitaCast supported in v2 now?
    Lolwutt, the developer of AshitaCast, has chosen to split AshitaCast into separate plugins. But yes, they are supported and working for v2. You can find his plugins here:
    http://www.ffevo.net/forum/96-member-plugins/

You will want to look at:
    • Dressme
    • Shorthand
    • AshitaCast

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this. Can you go into a bit more specific detail on parts that you are unsure of how to use? Our documentation wiki has most information for the general parts, commands, and development info. If there are other parts you feel we should document, feel free to suggest them.

http://doc.ffevo.net/doku.php
    Didn't know there was a wiki so I'll read thru that probably answer my questions which were basically everything after installation lol. Basically never used so wanted to know how easy it was to pick up and how to use it and various addons since the forums didn't have much but sounds like the wiki will answer that.

As far as AshitaCast it looks like you have to get other stuff too like shorthand but ends up having the Samish functionality as spellcast/gs. What I'm wondering is how it works or how well it works. Like is it basically Ashita's spellcast or is it packet based like gearswap?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I *think* Ashitacast is maintained by Thorny, and he and I trade ideas pretty regularly. It's probably about the same as gearswap.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

As far as AshitaCast it looks like you have to get other stuff too like shorthand but ends up having the Samish functionality as spellcast/gs. What I'm wondering is how it works or how well it works. Like is it basically Ashita's spellcast or is it packet based like gearswap?
    From FFEVO Forums
    Ashitacast - This will only manage gear swaps. Swaps are triggered by your outgoing packets, removing the up to 300ms delay that was present with prior versions of ashitacast. Your current XMLs will remain functional. I've also added a priority system, so that you can determine the order in which your swaps process(for maintaining maximum HP or MP through swaps).

Shorthand - This will provide all of the command rewriting functionality that was previously in ashitacast. The alias system may be modified, but all functionality will still be available in one way or another.

DressMe - This will provide the auto-gear related functionality that was previously in ashitacast. The XML format will likely be a bit changed, but the item list itself will remain the same so you can simply copy/paste into the new XML in the event it changes. The command we all care about will become '/dm gear Thorny_MNK.xml [Event]', but don't worry: If you also have Ashitacast loaded, it'll automatically change /ac gear to the appropriate command for your loaded XML so you can continue to use it in the fashion you have been.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How do I get Ashitacast to work? I don't see anything on the site explaining how to use add ons that aren't included in the launcher GUI. It may be there buried in the developer threads somewhere or I may have just missed it. Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by DaFang View Post
    How do I get Ashitacast to work? I don't see anything on the site explaining how to use add ons that aren't included in the launcher GUI. It may be there buried in the developer threads somewhere or I may have just missed it. Sorry for all the stupid questions.
    Put ashitacast.dll in the plugins folder and run "/load ashitacast" in game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shazu View Post
    Put ashitacast.dll in the plugins folder and run "/load ashitacast" in game.
    That's both precisely correct and amazingly uninformative.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There's usually a readme.txt or something of the sort with most plugin downloads, but here goes:

Ashitacast is a plugin designed to manage your gear swaps.
    This is done through an XML file, which should be placed in Ashita/Config/Ashitacast/
    and named CharacterName_JOB.xml. XMLs will be automatically loaded or unloaded whenever you change jobs,
    or can be triggered through commands. There are some included sample files and a list of valid variables.
    Equipment is layered precast<action<midcast in one outgoing packet, which ensures that your precast will always lower
    your casttime(or ranged time for rng) and your midcast will always be on in time(even on instant casts or rapid shot).

Commands - can use /ashitacast or /ac

/ac load - Attempt to load Charname_JOB.xml.
    /ac load Filename.xml - Attempt to load Filename.xml
    /ac reload - Reload the active swap XML.
    /ac unload - Unload the active swap XML.

/ac naked - Remove all gear.
    /ac set SetName [Duration] - Lock SetName on for Duration in seconds(5 if unspecified).
    /ac enable [Slot] - Enables gear swaps for the specified slot, or all slots if unspecified.
    /ac disable [Slot] - Disables gear swaps for the specified slot, or all slots if unspecified.

/ac action [Target Index] [ma/ws/ja/ra] [action ID if not ra] - Directly sends an action packet through with appropriate swaps.

/ac help - Display help on commands.
    /ac help print - Display help on print commands.
    /ac help var - Display help on var commands.

/ac var clear - Clear all user-defined variables.
    /ac var set [name] [value] - Set a variable to a specific value.
    /ac var inc [Name] [Optional: Amount] - Increase a variable. Defaults to 1.
    /ac var dec [Name] [Optional: Amount] - Decrease a variable. Defaults to 1.

/ac print augs \"Item Name\" - Prints a code used to reference the augments on an item.
    /ac print uvars - Print current values of all user-defined variables.
    /ac print vars - Print current values of all built-in variables.
    /ac print set [setname] - Print a set.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

AshitaCast is developed and maintained by a third-party (Lolwutt aka Thorny). Ashita and its development team have no connection to his work other than it being for our project. So I cannot give support or feedback about what he has made. What I can say is that almost all our users use it and have said nothing but good things about it. It is a replacement to SpellCast / GearSwap for Ashita and as far as I know it works great.

I personally do not, and have not, played FFXI in years. I just maintain and develop tools for it still since it is a hobby I enjoy doing. So I can't give much feedback on plugins/addons that I do not personally write myself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Didn't know there was a wiki so I'll read thru that probably answer my questions which were basically everything after installation lol. Basically never used so wanted to know how easy it was to pick up and how to use it and various addons since the forums didn't have much but sounds like the wiki will answer that.

If you happen to find something missing from the wiki you would like to see documented, feel free to let me know.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I *think* Ashitacast is maintained by Thorny, and he and I trade ideas pretty regularly. It's probably about the same as gearswap.
    Afaik ashitacast is better than gearswap in terms of refresh rate and precast/midcast handling. It also allows you to equip items based on augments (so you could have multiple aug'd items that are the same piece but still used for different purposes). Although, my knowledge of gearswap is outdated. All in all its pretty sweet. Lootwhore is badass enough of a reason to use ashita over w4 anyway.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast