Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

I seriously don't get what's this new wave of witch-hunting on BG as of late...

Ishould not be posting this because it way off topic but

Quote Originally Posted by stealinghostingmoney View Post
    So you do not endorse the site? The 2 grand a year donations target always stated "6 months server hosting target $1000", and we all know now that is rubbish, impossible a site that is on a $166 per month hosting plan is being ddosed by someone who by your own words is not making good sales. RZN is obviously on the take, pocketing $1900 a year which is supposed to be for hosting and paying an $8 per month hosting plan, otherwise explain to us how the site has been ddosed by a mere noob who steals people's work?
    actually its not that hard to do even if you do not know what your doing
    as a mater of fact you could ddos Microsoft with out much issue but then you will get sued in to the ground because MS has lots of lawyers

---Back on Topic---
    while i prefer windower over ashista
    because of (my opinions):
    being more user friendly
    having a more fleshed out spellcast replacement (i.e. gearswap)
    having several addons that are nice to have (i.e. Mobcompass, gearswap,etc.)

i do have to admit that ashista does have more that thay will allow you to do with it(officially)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Not really sure what you are talking about? The post I made recently about the DDoS has nothing to do with Windower.
    he was talking to your #1 hater

And no, a noob could not take down Microsoft let's not be silly here, that would take alot more than 10Gbps, I'd say it would take thousands of Gbps to take them down, for a VERY short time.
    this all depends on what your trying to take down
    the actual server: YES
    the domain name server: NO

ill tell you what he is doing he pinging the crap out of the domain name server(i wont tell you the specifics)

this is because everybody uses domain name's not the actual address

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The domain resolves just fine, cut the bullshit. DDoS protection is trivial and free, and hosting ffevo should cost virtually nothing. RZN made it clear he was a scammer a long time ago (does nobody remember the fface ad horseshit?), he's always pretended hosting cost 20x what is really does.

atom0s: why is ashita involved with ffevo/rzn anyways? Didn't you have to toss all his code because it was crap? Why not register a domain and move ashita to its own server?

with a bat file its easy but with out the site owners consent i wont prove it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, you go right ahead and DDoS microsoft with your batch script. I expect their stock price to drop when people hear such a l33t h4x0r is after them.

first ddos is not considered a hack its just sending packet after packet to a specific domain name or ip thus overwhelming the host server causing it to not be able to listen to any other incoming traffic which is so simple its been done since the days of ARPANET

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So RZN developers some utility to help people cheat at a game then asks for donations for hosting. Apparently his hosting should only cost $200 a year, based on some sock named "stealinghostingmoney" who totally isn't involved in any of this other than by stumbling across this thread. So RZN is making a cool $1800 a year scamming people by having a donations link on his webpage that is totally for server costs and not at all as a way of saying "thanks for developing this thing that helps me cheat at his game that no one should be playing anyway".

RZN put some bullshit donation popups whenever you loaded something that used FFACE. What a fucking lowlife. That is unacceptable and I should be able to cheat in piece without having to worry about closing popups. He even disabled features? What a fucking joker. At least when Aikar, Respected and Trusted Developer for the Great White Windower, Paragon of Purity and Excellence, One Who Would Never Have Private Plugins that Did Shady Shit, asked for donations on his Spellcast page I didn't have to suffer through actually seeing it except when I had to go to the webpage to figure out the mess of XML that they had developed. I hope to god whoever this DDoSer his keeps it up until RZN has to pay for the, based on my reading of this thread, completely free and super simple DDoS mitigation. Why the fuck does anyone get DDoSed? Can't believe these companies wouldn't just all opt-in to this awesome free feature.

$1800 a year to deal with some whiny, self-entitled brats who complain every time an update breaks their farmbot or make-me-run-faster or whatever the fuck. The Windower developers are getting fucked on this deal. Looks like they're dealing with all those self-entitled knobs for free.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol, I've never seen such a large post of scarcasm before :D It's not the point of whether they accept donations, if he wants donations for thanks then state it? dont bullshit and say it's for server costs when it simply is not! His users have been paying 2 grand a year to server costs expecting a good server and for that amount of money it would have ddos protection. Don't sell something if it doesn't do what it says on the tin. Do all the sarcasm you like, it doesn't make it right to do what they have been doing, it's sneaky as shit. Thanks RZN for taking 2 grand for letting us use your free tool, is that better? I can do sarcasm too.
    I'd prefer something like "thanks RZN for making this shitty DLL that even the most braindead morons can include in a project and push out terrible bots and thanks for taking money from people who are crazy enough to donate it to help those dullards create terrible applications". Yours is alright, but a bit on the nose and, quite frankly, lazy. There's no imagination or ingenuity. Doesn't give me that fuzzy sarcasm feeling deep in my soul.

Maybe we should demand to see his hosting bill and tell us who hosts it. I don't want to accidentally start paying too much for a host that doesn't even have simple DDoS safeguard (or I want to tell people my hosting costs 20x more than it does and take the difference). My host doesn't offer any DDoS protection. They offer unlimited shitty hosting for pennies a day.

Oh man you made an edit to bold. That's at least a plus six to cunning. I'm going to have to upgrade your alright to a pretty ok (I think that's better; I don't really have a scale).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    Way too much retarded shit.
    Plenty of people ask for donations. Nobody minds. Pretending you need money for hosting when you don't is what people take issue with. If he wants money, he should beg for it honestly like everyone else does. If he is going to take money for hosting, he should spend it on hosting.

Yes, DDoS protection is retarded easy and cheap (even free): https://www.cloudflare.com/under-attack

It is possible to think aikar and rzn are both turds. Did you just pick someone at random for your lame false dilemma?

just so you know ffevo is hosted by www.wholesaleinternet.net and thay do not have ddos protection and ill bet he is using the $139.00 a month plan because of all the stuff thats hosted on his server
    and thats $1,668 per year

<Do you provide DDOS protection? >
    We do not provide DDoS protection service and will null route any IP that receives such an attack. We usually terminate service if the attack reoccurs within or continues for more than 24 hours.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Not really sure what you are talking about?
    I was responding to the post directly above mine, that being the one by rate. I don't believe you did anything wrong.

Also, this evidently exploded while I was away. Well, time to look into some clean-up.

you do not realize how much is kept on ffevo's server

every app ever created and shared on the ffevo forums (at lest the latest versions that the dev did not remove)
    Ashista
    an irc server
    a code data base(for ashita)
    i privet wiki for Ashista
    code that each coder has allowed ffevo to hold incase of the devs comp damage
    elitemmo and all there code info
    etc.(things i dont know about)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I want you to be honest now. Do you really think that his hosting plan is more than $15 per month? If you do then please tell me why it would cost more than that to host a website, and a database, because I would be interested. And if you can agree that he clearly has cheap hosting, then also tell me how it's justified to pocket $1800 that people have paid for hosting. Like I said, if he was honest then it's up to the users to decide if they want to pay for his thanks even though a simple "thanks" should suffice for someone not in the game for profit since the tool is advertised as free.
    No, I have no idea how much his hosting costs per month and don't care. I find it hilarious that you apparently created an account just to call out this guy for taking donations. I also can't imagine anyone actually donating to FFEvo for any reason other than "I want my cheats to continue to be developed and working".

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Plenty of people ask for donations. Nobody minds. Pretending you need money for hosting when you don't is what people take issue with. If he wants money, he should beg for it honestly like everyone else does. If he is going to take money for hosting, he should spend it on hosting.

Yes, DDoS protection is retarded easy and cheap (even free): https://www.cloudflare.com/under-attack
    I am completely aware of what types of DDoS protection some companies offer. If it wasn't obvious, I was being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    It is possible to think aikar and rzn are both turds. Did you just pick someone at random for your lame false dilemma?
    MY LAME FALSE DILEMMA OH IT HURTS. No, I put Aikars name in there and made it have a super bold, super awesome title because the last time RZN's DONATION AD SUPPORTED SCAM or whatever came up, people brought up Aikar's donation page. I couldn't let the topic continue on this course without mentioning it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Also, this evidently exploded while I was away. Well, time to look into some clean-up.
    Think of all the future people who are going to be scammed out of their hard earned dollar bills

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can't you just move the posts to another off topic forum? This is need to know stuff lol
    Do you mean how Tidane and dlsmd are explaining how you sound like a total idiot? No, I don't believe that's very important. Hilarious, but not very important.

(And before you wonder about my credentials, I work with digital distribution on a tremendous scale.)

They are?
    yes your a tremendous IDIOT

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My question, to all of the people whining: How much of the $2k/year are you personally responsible for? It's a donation, not a fee. I've probably donated over $500 to ffevo since I joined the community. I don't believe that hosting costs the entirety of the money raised for it, nor would I be terribly surprised if it cost less than 25%. It doesn't change my motivation to donate: RZN has put a significant amount of time into establishing both FFACE/Ashita and the community/website. If you want to calculate the hours he's spent on it, less what hosting actually cost him, I would be shocked if he even came out with minimum wage for his efforts. Fortunately, none of this really matters, because if you disagree you have an easy option: Don't donate. You can still get your FFACE fix every month if you ignore the little donation panel. You don't even have to come back to the site until next time a structure shifts.

The only people who've got any realistic basis for complaint are those who have donated under the impression that the money was going solely to servers. If you don't fall in that category, you're either jealous that he's making what you perceive to be a lot of money(it's not) or upset that the site is down when you want it.

My only complaint with the donation system is that it doesn't clearly explain the division of labor or cost of hosting. I would be fully in favor of a change that allowed the main panel to direct donations to your choice of atom0s/RZN/hosting with an accurate hosting cost.. atom0s seems to be mostly overlooked, when he does a ton of work adding to and maintaining Ashita, answering everyone's questions(even the obvious ones that are all over the site) in the channel, and has even stepped in for FFACE updates when RZN is busy or unavailable.

None of this makes w1z's new bot any less terrible, his DDoSing more ethical, or Ashita a less capable program. Just a whole lot of jealous whining.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Granted i havent explored the whole site before it went down, most donations requests i have seen have been "If you enjoy the upkeep of these apps please consider donating." I dont recall any specific request statin server costs (unfortunately i cant go look for them now) A few of them dont even play the game anymore like a few of the windowers people. (NOTE: I havent donated anything). Maybe the Server costs requests pop up once a year if other donations come up short and i just havent caught them, i dunno.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They are? Can you quote their explanations that are explaining how I sound like a total idiot? I must have missed them. Tell me more about your credentials, who do you work for? I'm intrigued.
    A sock asking me who I work for? Hilarious. As for the parts that actually matter, I work with both internal and external distribution, the latter involving practically every major player you can name, such as Akamai and Amazon CDNs.

When it comes to how they've demonstrated that you're not exactly the brightest bulb in the box, there's Tidane's beautiful sarcasm—truthfully, painting Aikar as an unquestionable do-gooder was a stroke of genius—but then there's dlsmd outright telling you the sorts of things that FFEvo hosts and serves, and what kind of plans would accommodate for that. Your responding by saying "it's just forums" demonstrates that you don't know dick.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast