BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Items stolen from bazaar?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Items stolen from bazaar?

I was walking through port jeuno and some guy bought some bronzepieces without the normal examine or messages for leaving/entering the bazaar. Currency is gone, no gil received.

Spoiler: show

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

quick bazaar transactions have missing messages all the time.

so either

1) you suck at math or

2) you got robbed

report GM maybe?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm 100% sure I got no gil from it. I had just broken slightly over 15m on character taking gil out of dbox before zoning into PJ from mog garden, and was still sitting at 15,011,xxx after the 'transaction' occurred. Currency was priced at 6.3k.

I'm not too concerned about a missing 400k gil, just wondering if anyone has seen something like this before.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought you can't see people you've blisted examine or enter your bazaar, but it will show up when they buy something? If so could that be it? (Then again, maybe I'm mistaken in this, its been a long while since I've blisted someone)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I checked that, character isn't on /blacklist, not that it would explain the missing gil anyway.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was working off the "Bad at math" assumption when i suggested blist. Oh well though :\, ask him >_>?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

No response, but I saw him afterwards and he just looked like a normal JP player running around checking bazaars before leaving to do something in ceizak. I'd be more inclined to believe it was some kind of server issue than a hacking player.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Out of the hundreds of bazaar transactions that happen every month the probability of you running into a nascent bug vs. missing 200k in your head math. The robot gets my bet.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

There was no mental math involved. It was: empty dbox + vendor mog garden garbage -> check gil (15.01m) -> zone into PJ -> currency purchased with messages missing -> check gil (15.01m). If I hadn't looked at my gil immediately before and after I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

you are certain you priced it correctly?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, I bet you mispriced it or forgot how much gil you had. lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

for half a mil(?) gil, I would just chalk it up as either a loss or a sale you didn't immediately feel. Either way, its not a huge loss so .....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If that was possible that shit would go viral with everyone screaming they was robbed all over the place lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    you are certain you priced it correctly?
    Pretty sure I checked my bazaar shortly before this and all of my currency was 6,xxx, although it's not like I confirum it now (unless there is some kind of bazaar history on ffxiah?). The currency was sitting in bazaar for hours in west andoulin this morning with plenty of bazaar checks thou, so I'd think it would have snagged way before this happened if I'd set it at 630 or something.

If it was just the gil I might chalk it up to just me being crazy, but combined with the missing examine/bazaar messages it seems like a big coincidence.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If the guy had the ability to do something like this, surely would be more reports. Most likely: mispriced or misremembering gil, unlikely: server error, least likely: mass bazaar hacking.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Was the guy buying from Ashkiisith's bazaar? if you are in person y's bazaar while person z buys something you get that message too. Maybe you didn't have bronzes at that point in time and they sold prior to you checking your gil?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think we have our mystery solved <_<. That's exactly what it looks like when someone buys items from a bazaar you're checking.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I remember some hubub just like this on Bahamut back in 2004 or so. Would definitely make sense if it was the same happenstance confusion of a purchase in somebody else's bazaar.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Was the guy buying from Ashkiisith's bazaar? if you are in person y's bazaar while person z buys something you get that message too. Maybe you didn't have bronzes at that point in time and they sold prior to you checking your gil?
    That was the first thing I considered (wasn't sure if seeing other peoples bazaar purchases was a thing) but there was no where else my ordelles could have went. I had bazaared all 3 types of currency that morning, and there was no other mention of ordelle purchases in chatlog. At the time of posting this thread, chatlog went back to server login.

Aside from brain damage or a server error, the only other explanation I can think of is my currency got purchased at some point while I was zoning without showing up in log (can this happen?), and the message I saw in the pictures was indeed currency being purchased from the bazaar I might have been looking at.