+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Leftovers (HBO)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So the Internet tells me that Margaret Qualley (cop's daughter) is the real life daughter of Andie MacDowell. Whoa. And now that is all I will be able to see when I look at her.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That was a great episode on Sunday, focusing on who I thought was the single most interesting character in the show so far.

Seems like the two best episodes so far have been the ones that focused on single characters.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I agree. It was a really good episode. As was the one about Father Matt. Pretty stoked for next week, it looks to be crazy.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Thought last night's episode was pretty dope. After the preview for next week did it say we are heading towards the final 3 episodes or final 3 episodes of the season? I haven't seen any news on a s2 so does that mean we might get everything wrapped up?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Thought last night's episode was pretty dope. After the preview for next week did it say we are heading towards the final 3 episodes or final 3 episodes of the season? I haven't seen any news on a s2 so does that mean we might get everything wrapped up?
    I imagine some things will get wrapped up, but they'll leave plenty open-ended for a Season 2, in case there is one. I haven't heard anything about a second season, either.

A few predictions: I would think we'll see Holy Wayne die, but still leave some questions. I think Tommy (maybe with Christine & Lil Wayne in tow) comes back to Mapleton at the end for season two. I think the Garvey Sr. plotline will have some answers, but will still leave things up in the air; he might die or disappear/depart. I think the GR will still be the GR, but the previews make it look like Patty's going to have some issues, so the leadership might change. Laurie seems pretty dedicated right now ("So?"), maybe she takes over? I think the daughter's friend Aimee is going to go a little ballistic in some fashion after her advances on Kevin get rejected (or did they?). I think we find out who killed Gladys, and I'm not sure either of the two leading suspect groups (GR, Matt's Church Group) will be involved at all.

Of course, with Lindelof at least partially in charge, they might leave everything up in the air so "We Have to Go Back!"

The Anti Miz

BG Level

would be such a dick move if they didnt answer any questions. Agree about Tommy returning to Mapleton. Shit with the gr looks to get crazy.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Just came to say the last episode was awesome...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good news, everyone!

HBO renews The Leftovers for a second season. I wonder if that will change the editing of the last three episodes at all, or at least the last one.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

dang i was sort of hoping they would really go crazy with shit the next 3 weeks and wrap it up

Banned.

BG Level

holy wayne has a plan for world domination by making an army of baby tiger woods and building an empire on baby tiger woods endorsement deals

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The copy of National Geographic that was in the episode:

Spoiler: show
    http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/lg...-spoilers.jpeg

If it matters, the upcoming episode is called "Cairo" and the nonsense that Christine was blabbing to Tom was about "underwater spiders." Both of these things tie Christine, to Kevin and Kevin's father, as both topics are on the cover of the NG that Kevin's dad wants him to read. The topic of the Minoans is an article on a civilization which seemingly disappeared without a trace or explanation.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That entire final conversation went over my head.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Boy am I glad I stayed with this show

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    I can't help but feel that Patty is the one who didn't understand at the end there. They killed Glynda(?) to force people to remember her and what she/the GR stand for, but the only people who gave a damn were the rest of the Guilty Remnant (and the Father, and Kevin).

Edit: Added spoiler tags just in case.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    That entire final conversation went over my head.
    It's because you don't understand. You have to understand.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This show has stepped it up so much...hooked Q_Q

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Marathonned the first 8 episodes over the past week, and I'm hooked. I want to find out about the other cults, like the Beautiful Children, or whatever they're called. The character development and single-focus episodes definitely remind me of Lost, and at least this time around I'm not expecting any blatant answers, nor do I really want any.
    Reading the facebook page for this show after an episode airs is hilarious because it's full of people complaining about having no idea what is going on.
    Sucks that (according to wiki) there's two weeks between the 9th and last episode.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Gdi they must be taking labor day off. Makes sense cuz they do the same for memorial day. STOP RECOGNIZING HOLIDAYS HBO

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaTrap View Post
    Sucks that (according to wiki) there's two weeks between the 9th and last episode.
    Well, that's annoying.

Considering Ep 3 and 6 were single character focus episodes, I was thinking #9 might be as well. Judging from the preview, I don't think that is the case.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I kinda figured Aimee and Kevin had banged. Have they explained why Aimee was even living there? Just filling in the gaps, it would seem like maybe her family disappeared?