+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Leftovers (HBO)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Kind of a crime how dead this thread is compared to other garbage.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want to see if Nora really is the host of the demon Azrael.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Lmao, if thats true, then this show has to be the trolliest show ever

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Seems like not many people are watching it. This show better not get cancelled before we get a real ending. >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Well, that was quite the ending lol. This continues being my favorite show on TV, by a huge amount. >.>
    It's a toss up between this and Fargo for me; they're both outstanding. Sadly, I find myself watching Walking Dead before this on Sundays since I can easily avoid spoilers for this show, whereas everyone seems to want to talk about TWD.

Only three episodes left in this season, and so many things to wrap up. Or at least sort of wrap up in a Lindelof sort of way. I'm really hoping they renew this show, it keeps me awake thinking about it at night.

Spoiler: show
    Wow, what an ending. I'm not surprised he didn't give him the shot, but I sure as hell wasn't expecting him to shoot himself. I was expecting John to show up, with the handprint results in hand, at the last minute and keep (or at least threaten to keep) Virgil from giving Kevin the epi pen. My current working assumption is that what Kevin drank wasn't actually deadly, and the epi pen was probably just full of water.
    Laurie's appearance was out of the blue, but made perfect sense. Was also nice to get some answers about Tommy and the fake hugs (which I believed to be the case, but who knows?).
    I still think the girls vanished into a sinkhole in the cave, and Kevin yelling at Patty, accusing her of lying about everything, including the girls in the car, lends some credence to that for me. And I keep trying to tie the initial five minute of the prologue into the season with the cavewoman and haven't quite figured out if there is anything more than a metaphorical tie-in.

BG Level

The nextdoor neighbor is eventually going to find the handprint match, and the show has done an INCREDIBLE job at keeping me on edge regarding that lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I'm seeing a lot of excitement here but trying to stay away from spoilers. I was really on the edge if I liked this show or not last season, so how does this compare to last?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean, so sad no one bumped "The Knick" thread either.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

all i know is that if next week is about Laurie and Tom and what lead to their fallout I am going to be super sad, idgaf about that

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just got around to watching this episode today, and wow. The first part of Byrd's spoilered theory was where I thought that was going to go.

I don't even usually watch the previews, but I laughed when my recording cut off right after the line something about "when you don't know where this is going to go".

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Best show continues being best show. Still trying to get friends to watch it though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spoiler: show
    Normally, I hate dream/alternative reality episodes in TV shows, but this one worked for me. Last night's episode reminded me very much of the "Join the Club" episode of the Sopranos, right down to the fact the character's name was Kevin. I kept waiting for some reference to the last name Finnerty. I kind of want to go back and watch the episode and try to figure out every subconscious reference they're trying to give us. Luckily, I can wait for someone on Reddit to do that for me.

Was good to see Wayne back, right where we left him. Fun cameo by Dad Garvey. I'm also glad they kept with it the entire episode, rather than cutting back and forth with other characters in the real world. The Leftovers has a habit of doing a one-character-focused episode periodically and they've done all of those really well.

I have no idea where the rest of this season will go, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Best show continues being best show. Still trying to get friends to watch it though.
    What turned me off from the first season was that the promo's made it seem super religious and I don't care for those shows. Is it really religious focused or just a sub theme that kinda goes away? If so then I'll catch up on it over winter break for sure

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    What turned me off from the first season was that the promo's made it seem super religious and I don't care for those shows. Is it really religious focused or just a sub theme that kinda goes away? If so then I'll catch up on it over winter break for sure
    Religion is definitely an ongoing theme, but I would not call it anywhere near the main focus. I've never felt it at all preachy; the most religious character in the show is amongst the most flawed. It's an extremely character driven show, and religion plays a decent role in several of the characters' lives, so it's present. But it's not the overwhelming message the same way I imagine the Kirk Cameron show on the same "Departed/Rapture" premise might be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Sounds better than I thought. I know the promos is what turned me off as I usually check out most HBO shows.
    Ill give it a chance and catch up on it over winter break for sure

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah, I'm not really a religious person but still enjoy this show greatly. I know I still enjoyed the show back in season 1, but it definitely gets much better in season 2.

Banned.

BG Level

Well the reason for the Sudden Departure is never explained, some people think it's religious and have started cults surrounding it, but there's scientists all around trying to explain it too, but never at any point is it actually called "The Rapture" or anything. I thought the show would be annoyingingly religious too based on the promos so I avoided watching it but it was nothing like I expected it to be and enjoyed it. It leaves plenty of room for you to make non-religious explanations to the mysteries

I didn't like this last episode though, it was pure filler

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good quote from Lindelof in this interview (the link contains spoilers). It kind of describes a little bit about what to expect (or not expect) from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Lindelof
    It is not our place to explain ourselves nor clarify this debate. The show has to speak for itself on this front. I make no apologies for this as Tom, the writers and I have always been upfront about the storytelling on this show being purposefully ambiguous… The Leftovers isn’t about answers, it’s about the frustration of not getting them and the emotional state that drives our characters to.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I didn't like this last episode though, it was pure filler
    Oh fuck you, this episode was definitely not filler.

BG Level

Pretty sure the last episode was the exact OPPOSITE of filler lmao...

Banned.

BG Level

The entire episode was a long dream sequence which told us nothing new so it was indeed pure filler in my humble opinion. I'd like to get back to the actual story, not what's happening to Kevin in dreamworld while he's unconscious

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast