Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Announcing the Campaign Festa and Alter Ego Expo

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...19/detail.html

Prepare for better rewards and more comfortable adventures with these two new events!

Event Details
    1) Campaign Festa
    Campaign will undergo the following adjustments throughout the event.

- Experience and allied notes earned from evaluations will be doubled.
    - The amount of spoils obtained from treasure chests when participating in unions will be increased.

The possibilities in this festa are endless: acquire notes to exchange for the alter egos available in the Summer Alter Ego Extravaganza, earn some campaign medals, or simply take the opportunity to gain some levels.

A future version update will contain some content that will resonate with those who have completed the Wings of the Goddess story. One of the other benefits of this event is that medals will no longer be forfeited upon proceeding with quests that accompany this main storyline, providing the perfect opportunity to see the mission to its exciting climax.

Furthermore, the following four Campaign Ops will provide special rewards in addition to their normal spoils, including montiont silverpieces, 100-byne bills, Lungo-Nango jadeshells, and more.

- Splitting Heirs
    - Cracking Shells
    - Plucking Wings
    - Fiat Lux

Campaign Period: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 from 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, July 29 at the same hour.

2) Alter Ego Expo
    Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the event.

- Maximum HP and MP will be increased by a factor of 1.5.
    - A strong resistance to status ailments will be granted.

With alter egos ready to join your parties as of the June version update, and level syncing becoming available in July, there's never been a better time to take these storied characters into battle!

Campaign Period: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 from 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, July 22 at the same hour.

Campaign
    BG Level

"Furthermore, the following four Campaign Ops will provide special rewards in addition to their normal spoils, including montiont silverpieces, 100-byne bills, Lungo-Nango jadeshells, and more."
    Woooot?
    Can you solo Shadow Lord with ilevel gear? Dunno, last time I tried it level cap was still 75 lol.
    Which ones are the other 3? (Plucking, Splitting etc). The beasthold fights?

So atm while this campaign is ongoing you can access all these campaign ops regardless of the current campaign conquered areas etc?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    "
    So atm while this campaign is ongoing you can access all these campaign ops regardless of the current campaign conquered areas etc?
    I dont think so and I also think this is the reason they gave this campaign 3 weeks.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ok another question. To be eligible to take those Campaign Ops from the NPC you need to fulfill some requirement (some zones being conquered by nations etc).
    But what happens if you ALREADY HAVE the campaign op? Let's say you took it when it was eligible but then a week passed and nations lost control of the required areas.
    Would you still be able to perform the correspondant BC since you already have the Op? Or would you have to wait for nations to gain access to the required areas regardless?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

you can't do it unless an allied nation (I don't remember if it has to be yours, I think it does because I remember having to change nation to do Plucking Wings) has control of the stronghold. Fiat Lux requires control of either the Throne Room or all 4 Northlands zones iirc, the other three require the zones within the nation's primary sphere of influence and the stronghold (I.E. Orc op requires San d'Oria to control La Vaule, East Ron, Jugner, Batallia, and Vunkerl). It's been a fucking long time since I gave a shit about campaign though so this may be misinformation (FIat Lux may also require the prevalant nation in the North to have their sphere of influence secure), all I know for sure is i've had fiat lux open for like 3 years and I know I can't enter the battlefield

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ragnarok got Fiat Lux a few weeks after they adjusted the rate at which allied strength went down. People did it for a week and then it went away. Hasn't been back since.

I'm guessing if a major LS gave a shit on whatever server, it'll be open then. Otherwise... sucks to be you.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the extra drops and XP might be enough to get people to do it for a little while, but we'll see. i'll probably give it a shot but I can't solo access to the BCs by myself ):

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Give CPs from Campaign. Problem solved(Not).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it'd be something though assuming you get at least 50% of the XP gained as CP; an added bonus to doing it, imo that's how CP should be handled in general. everything should give some amount of them as a bonus. Delve already does that well even though it's just a byproduct of everything in there effectively being an XP mob anyway

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    you can't do it unless an allied nation (I don't remember if it has to be yours, I think it does because I remember having to change nation to do Plucking Wings) has control of the stronghold.
    I remembered that "your nation needs to have control to get Campaign op" too, because I had to change from Bastok to Sandy to do Fiat Lux (@75).
    But then the other day when some people on Asura unlocked Fiat Lux, I was able to take it from Bastok while it was Windy who conquered the areas.
    So that's not true.
    Wanna know why I had to change nations? Because you can access that BC only with people of your same nation. It's "Fiat Lux (Bastok)", "Fiat Lux (Sandy)", "Fiat Lux (Windy)". Three different campaign ops for the same battle and all people of your party who want to enter need to be on the SAME KIND of campaign op.
    100% sure this is the case for Fiat Lux, willing to bet it's the same for Plucking Wings and others.
    Not really an issue if you're going to solo (asked before but I assume Fiat Lux is more than soloable with ilevel gear?)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think you're right about Fiat Lux. (I personally didn't have to switch nations because I was sandy and so was half the server at the time) But for Plucking Wings etc you have to be affiliated with the nation that gives the Op. Windy in that case. Windy has to have control of all Sarutabaruta and Aragoneu front zones. All zones in Mindartia for Windy really. Same is true for sandy and bastok for their respective zones/ops.

Guess it depends on the mystery items but I don't think people are going to go out of their way to unlock Fiat Lux etc for a chance of some 100 pieces.

Campaign
    BG Level

The "problem" with unlocking Fiat Lux is that it's an extremely boring and unrewarding thing.
    You need to go in beastmen controlled areas and kill all the beasts attacking the outpost without getting campaign op. Which means you won't get XP, Allied Notes... nothing.
    And sometimes it's 1hr+ wait for a wave, some other times you're lucky and get several successive waves.
    It's... boring, and unrewarding.
    Not really "hard" to do though. Just go sat and sunday before jp midnight with a few friends killing everything that moves and you're set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you still lose a couple of ranks switching nations? That could really put a hamper on this if so.... hope you wont have to win over the zones like normal to do these that would take forever.... shame too a week ago bahamut had plucking wings and fiat lux available

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Do you still lose a couple of ranks switching nations?
    Aside from the special campaign yes, you lose exactely 2 ranks each time you swap to a different nation, unless it's the first time you swap to that nation, then it's free.
    But there's a sentence in the "special campaign" description which is a bit vague and kinda hints at something else possibly:

One of the other benefits of this event is that medals will no longer be forfeited upon proceeding with quests that accompany this main storyline, providing the perfect opportunity to see the mission to its exciting climax.
    Tbh I would normally interpret this sentence as "Once you're past a certain mission X, you will never be able to go under rank Y even if you don't do a lot of campaign every week". But that makes no sense because it's not "one of the benefits of this campaign", it's something that was changed YEARS ago and has been that way ever since, so... I don't really get it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ligray View Post
    A future version update will contain some content that will resonate with those who have completed the Wings of the Goddess story. One of the other benefits of this event is that medals will no longer be forfeited upon proceeding with quests that accompany this main storyline, providing the perfect opportunity to see the mission to its exciting climax.
    this is what stood the most out of me, i would not be surpsied if this hints at the ToAU vs. WotG joint battle people have been wanting for so many years. similar to what CoP and Zilart got together for the 2. set of earrings. They WANT people to progress through missions because the future content requires it, this screams for the Toau&WotG joint battle.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

COP ROTZ made sense though, the stories were relatively intertwined. TOAU is just totally different than WOTG.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    COP ROTZ made sense though, the stories were relatively intertwined. TOAU is just totally different than WOTG.
    Odin, they could link them very well together via Odin. Something along the lines of preventing odin and alexander blasting the other reality vanadiel of Lady Lilith (where Lilisette is now), or a link to ragnarok in the past. There are possibilitys. For all we know the other vanadiel was struggling a long time against the shadowlord, alexanders awakening might have never been prevented or is happening there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I just feel like we'd be pushing it too much just for the sake of a dual expansion fight, would feel very forced. The ROTZ COP felt pretty natural.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I just feel like we'd be pushing it too much just for the sake of a dual expansion fight, would feel very forced. The ROTZ COP felt pretty natural.
    ^ this.
    They could do it of course but it would feel very stretched.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    this is what stood the most out of me, i would not be surpsied if this hints at the ToAU vs. WotG joint battle people have been wanting for so many years. similar to what CoP and Zilart got together for the 2. set of earrings. They WANT people to progress through missions because the future content requires it, this screams for the Toau&WotG joint battle.
    Actually it screams "Atomos questline and get Lillisette Trust" to me. No ToAU required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast