Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Suddenly Crashing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Anyone Suddenly Crashing?

Tried to do a Wildskeeper Reive in Ceizak and as soon as I entered the game crashed. Logged back in, it crashed again as soon as the screen loaded. It's crashed 5x so far, with and without Windower. I can't do anything.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? I've had no problems with anything else in the game, so this is extremely random.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

File check and hope it fixes it.

If you're on Windows <=7, you may need to reinstall FFXI if it doesn't fix it.

If you're on Windows 8, you may need to reinstall windows.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Is it a C++ error? I've been getting those recently but apparently nobody has a fix or even talks about it much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

w/ Windower and No Windower...Was the smn/avatar bug fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    File check and hope it fixes it.

If you're on Windows <=7, you may need to reinstall FFXI if it doesn't fix it.

If you're on Windows 8, you may need to reinstall windows.
    Thanks. Restarted my computer and now it's fine. Weird as hell man.

I was on RNG so it wasn't a SMN related bug. No party/Trusts either.

I got Windows 7. Never had much trouble with this game, how do I do a file check?

Also no idea if this will offer any info but this was what it said in Event Viewer:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f4...psa2afc5bf.jpg

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    w/ Windower and No Windower...Was the smn/avatar bug fixed?
    Don't think so

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know I have had crashing issues with the ashu talif area to the point and no amount of file checking or reinstalling fixes it and SE can't figure out either. And even on different machines. Eventually can brute force way thru sometimes

Well I've done WKR since the update, but I don't think I've done Ceizak specifically. Hard to say really, but I've done Delve and Skirmish since the update with no problems. So maybe it's just that area.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was randomly crashing before as well. I think it was Guildwork. I restarted my computer and turned it off and it's been fine since.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If you were on ranger it doesnt protect you from the smn/pet glitch. I think its when any smn nearby has whatever causes it to glitch. I havent witnessed it myself but from what i gather its is when a pet dies or is released?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I randomly crashed 3x in a Kamir WKR the other week but it seemed to be due to my video card getting too hot. Could have been a coincidence though and the crash was caused by something else.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Is it a C++ error? I've been getting those recently but apparently nobody has a fix or even talks about it much.
    I've been getting this too, occasionally. I'm not certain, but I think it has to do with the Timers plugin, because I had an error with it at one point, and I have only ever crashed that way while using it. Since I've stopped using it, I've not seen any such errors.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Happened after Steam Sales right? Lotta new games bought and played I bet, Your C/VB Distros probably got updated on the first time Steam was running the games, I recall some of the dependencies for windower run off older versions. Could be causing it?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Happened to me just now in Marjami Ravine as mnk/dnc, and I honestly think it might be the pet crash error that caused it. I crashed immediately upon entering and about 4 times after that. After the first couple I realized that there were two Avatars on Hurkan nearby and that the client was crashing right around the time they were loading, one time I even heard an avatar die as the game crashed. I managed to gain some distance from them and turn down the Character Models Displayed setting so that Hurkan and everything around it wouldn't load and from there on I was fine. Rewards weren't the best (H-P Bayld and a GEO spell), but I was mostly there for the RoE KI so I was just thankful that I was able to get that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm pretty sure the pet crash causes some of these, but definitely not all (I've seen people crash myself with no pets out, neither for the PCs nor the NCPs).

I'm not fixing an error in LuaCore that occurred when trying to cancel a buff if you had 32 buffs active (the maximum amount). That would almost certainly crash you. Does everyone who crashes here use some form of cancel_buff in any of their Lua files or any of their addons?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What do you mean by maximum amount? I'm pretty sure I've had more than 32 at once.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I crashed in the middle of salvage from a spellcast problem (for a while now if I try an invalid command using // I crash) like 40 minutes ago and am still getting the "Same character is logged in" error. And doing a search it shows me not online most the time but sometimes when I try to log in it has me show up even though it wont let me. Can't be someone else logging in as me since I'm on my account just can't log into that character

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    What do you mean by maximum amount? I'm pretty sure I've had more than 32 at once.
    That can't really be, the packet that carries buff information does not allow more than 32 buffs. It's a static packet too, so I don't see how it can carry any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I crashed in the middle of salvage from a spellcast problem (for a while now if I try an invalid command using // I crash) like 40 minutes ago and am still getting the "Same character is logged in" error. And doing a search it shows me not online most the time but sometimes when I try to log in it has me show up even though it wont let me. Can't be someone else logging in as me since I'm on my account just can't log into that character
    That's not really a Windower problem, it's due to SE's shitty way of handling character logins. I believe there was a 3~5min timeout or something, I'm not entirely sure. It only happens on certain kinds of disconnects, not always. Anyway, it's not related to hacking in any way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post

That's not really a Windower problem, it's due to SE's shitty way of handling character logins. I believe there was a 3~5min timeout or something, I'm not entirely sure. It only happens on certain kinds of disconnects, not always. Anyway, it's not related to hacking in any way.
    I only said the disconnect was a spellcast issue. And yeah I know the standard few minutes thing but if you read this was nothing like that. This was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 3-5 minutes. I actually couldn't get back in for a full hour and it kept doing super weird stuff like searches of that character showing me logging and out. Doing things like saying was still in my pt even though wasn't logged in... but couldn't disband lol. Eventually let me back in after over an hour

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I'm pretty sure the pet crash causes some of these, but definitely not all (I've seen people crash myself with no pets out, neither for the PCs nor the NCPs).

I'm not fixing an error in LuaCore that occurred when trying to cancel a buff if you had 32 buffs active (the maximum amount). That would almost certainly crash you. Does everyone who crashes here use some form of cancel_buff in any of their Lua files or any of their addons?
    I have the cancel addon and use send_command to cancel sneak before using Spectral Jig, but that's about the extent of it in my Lua atm. In my case the crashes persisted even when logging in using the official POL launcher however, which is why I'm inclined to think that for me personally it has more to do with pet crashes than windower or any of the addons themselves.