Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Akame ga Kill!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Original ending confirmed now, end of this episode is the end of the second to last chapter of the manga.

Skipped two full arcs to reach (mostly) the same conclusion but without any of the darker stuff that happened in them. Maybe they had to for censorship reasons?

Spoiler: show
    Having a woman and child raped over their husband/fathers grave, Leone getting herself dismembered/disemboweled and Lubbock getting his nuts crushed may be a bit much

Whatever..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Original ending confirmed now, end of this episode is the end of the second to last chapter of the manga.

Skipped two full arcs to reach (mostly) the same conclusion but without any of the darker stuff that happened in them. Maybe they had to for censorship reasons?

Having a woman and child raped over their husband/fathers grave, Leone getting herself dismembered/disemboweled and Lubbock getting his nuts crushed may be a bit much

Whatever..
    God I wish I didn't read those spoilers...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Could be ok, but anime original endings don't generally have a good track record so I'm not holding my breath. And yeah, it's too bad they completely skipped over the entire Jaegers vs Wild Hunt arc - there are some pretty cool fights that would have been nice to see animated.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well, I had wanted to remain hopeful. I don't think I can anymore. What a letdown.

Well it's a good intro to the manga which I'll probably pick up after this. What chapter should I start from or is it a start from the beginning type deal?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dammit

RIP Lubbock; wanted him to get some Najenda action

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Well it's a good intro to the manga which I'll probably pick up after this. What chapter should I start from or is it a start from the beginning type deal?
    Chapter 39 starts off right around where the anime deviates from the manga, so that's probably a good a place as any.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It had been following the manga really closely until the last two episodes. That's why I'm still surprised that they did this; I had been so sure it'd be a two season series and it'd remain faithful. I was so wrong. In any event, Ezek is right. Chapter 38 is the fight between Mine and Seryu, so Ch39 is generally where'd you want to start if you want to jump into the middle of it, though there'd be no harm in starting at the beginning either since you'll always see some of the side things the anime could never include.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I swear to god if they end this with a different pairing this show will become a pristine example of why you don't go original ending unless it's an original series.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Probably rushing it at this point... and not expecting an actual ending like the manga will do (which will most likely be much better then what the anime rushes to do)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ok yea this episode was really disappointing. The fight scene was ripped right out of DBZ and even then Mine dies because...reasons. This show went from really really awesome to pretty bland and generic. It's a shame.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeeeeeah anime original ending, confirmed cancer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

This is usually what happens when a series is forced to go into anime original ending mode.

Maybe they'll do a full remake in the future but I'm not hopeful since AgK isn't selling all too well from what I hear.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The episode deserves a...

(ノ゚Д゚)ノ~┻━┻

aaahhhhh

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    This is usually what happens when a series is forced to go into anime original ending mode.

Maybe they'll do a full remake in the future but I'm not hopeful since AgK isn't selling all too well from what I hear.
    No chance; if Soul Eater can't get one this one never will.

Soul Eater was actually a top selling manga. AgK manga sales are mediocre at best, and the anime's sales are awful. I doubt a S2 was ever planned. If it was, it's surely not now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

These character deaths seem so out of hand. Sheele dying created drama and hype, but at this point it feels like one of those Redbox horror films where each character dies off until it's only the male and female MCs left standing. Akame has also gotten 0 development in the last 5+ episodes. This show started off great, but has steadily gone downhill in the past 2 months.

I started reading the manga at many recommendations and am at chapter 20, so I'm hoping it's one of those deals where the source material is much better than the anime adaptation.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    These character deaths seem so out of hand. Sheele dying created drama and hype, but at this point it feels like one of those Redbox horror films where each character dies off until it's only the male and female MCs left standing. Akame has also gotten 0 development in the last 5+ episodes. This show started off great, but has steadily gone downhill in the past 2 months.

I started reading the manga at many recommendations and am at chapter 20, so I'm hoping it's one of those deals where the source material is much better than the anime adaptation.
    Manga is much better, just kinda hoped the anime would follow, but I guess not ;/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I like anime Tatsumi's small personality differences over the manga. At least, I did until they started changing the plot.

Manga Tatsumi still wins for giving Mine the dick

Really this was a fantastic show until 2 weeks ago.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Glad I don't read the manga so I don't have to rage as much as you guys.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Glad I don't read the manga so I don't have to rage as much as you guys.
    The manga is much better, especially the latest chapter... if only the anime went the same route of awesomeness...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast