BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So...

A little more information on the new BC fights.

VD Shadow Lord is super easy, like even easier than Tenzen I'd say. Mnks perform really well for the first phase due to Formless strikes; make sure your Mnks don't cancel the effect once it's up though. /nin as for the DDs, we personally used Mnk/ninx2, Sam/nin, Brd/nin, Whm/notsure, Cor/don'tremember.

Just zerg the second phase down with a Whm spamming Curaga's; it's so easy, Idk even x.x

We tried out the the Head Wind fight but only had enough time/merits to clear on Normal one time. Set was same as VD Shadow Lord and the cats just went down so fast, it was definitely overkill. Anyways...

Opened up with a Nitro Horde Lullaby, hoping for an easy win, but didn't land on the Mithras, but did on the pets. No surprise there. So anyways, I had hate after that and just started kiting while the DDs took down the Drk Mithra first. The Drg Mithra seemed to follow me and wasn't too difficult to kite, but the other one was wonky. Hate was weird, but on the normal, the cats just die too fast to matter.

Here's the interesting stuff though on Head Wind.

Later, a Sch friend and I decided to test some things out on normal. This time I changed to my Rdm/sch char and tested out opening with a Stymie Sab Manifestation Sleep II. Turns out it works!!

Buttttttttttttttttttttt... It kinda doesn't because it literally lasted about 30seconds on the Mithras. The Rabbit unsurprisingly remained asleep though. This was with the Emp Gloves +2, but 0/10 Stymie JP. On regular mobs, Sab Sleep II with gloves seem to last about 3min9sec, so I was expecting about a 2min40sec sleep duration on the Mithras, but that definitely wasn't the case here. Gravity spells also appeared to only last about 3-5 seconds as well on regular casts. I'd wager Bind doesn't last for crap either.

Seems SE thought someone might try this and took measures against it... yay Rdm!! X_x

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You got a heavy partial resist on Sleep II. That happens with all very resistant to sleep monsters if you try to Stymie Sleep them, since their sleep MEVA is set extremely high.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    You got a heavy partial resist on Sleep II. That happens with all very resistant to sleep monsters if you try to Stymie Sleep them, since their sleep MEVA is set extremely high.
    Would it really be an issue with MEva though? Stymie ensured the sleep landed on all the targets, and the Mithras all woke up at the same time. Seems more like an issue with simply how they've been programmed to resist sleep duration itself (and other crowd control types of spells it looks like) due to the nature of the fight. Like Gravity was landing multiple times easily but would only last for 3-5 seconds every time. Basically, to me it looks like no amount of MAcc would have allowed for a longer duration sleep, despite ensuring that sleep lands in the first place.

In any case, don't bring Rdm to this fight lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No, it's the magic evasion. Stymie does not do anything to prevent partial resists, so if you stymie enfeeble something that would resist you 99% of the time without it, you're going to get slammed with a super heavy partial resist the vast majority of the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As far as I can tell stymie just forces resists up to the next resist state. So full resists become half for most debuffs some with variable times go unpredictably very low. That said 30 seconds is kinda low sleep only has full and half resists so sleep 2 should've been 45 seconds

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    No, it's the magic evasion. Stymie does not do anything to prevent partial resists, so if you stymie enfeeble something that would resist you 99% of the time without it, you're going to get slammed with a super heavy partial resist the vast majority of the time.
    Maybe their MEva to these enfeebles is set incredibly high, but it still seems odd to me how that would explain Gravity only lasting 3-5 seconds with each cast, despite having 0 issues landing it on the Mithras without anything like Stymie or ES. If their MEva was set so drastically high for Gravity, it shouldn't even be landing in the first place like Sleep wasn't landing without Stymie. It's all moot though anyways.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Has anyone got the patch in a lovely downloadable format? I've tried grabbing it off Krizz's site, but it doesn't seem to help any, (it still tries to download every single file. Not sure why) so if anyone had a set, that'd be fantastic. Getting 7 hour download times for the patch, with multiple time outs.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

So are all battlefields removing buffs from outside? I don't get my 1hr reset either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The 1hr/ja reset thing isn't implemented yet. But they left the code in to remove buffs as a precursor to it. There was some mention about fixing it though, don't think they ever followed up on it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Buffs and TP are currently reset on battlefields, but I think the JA reset was a "consideration for the future" rather than set in stone.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Hm now I didn't lose buffs going into shadow lord, but I know yesterday I did for the SKCNM20 that was in the throne room.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The BCs that started dispelling buffs are the ones you can (now) bring trusts into, I doubt it has anything to do with JA resets.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Okay I am stumped. I learned Erratic Flutter but after setting it, I try to cast it and it says:

...A command error occurred.

I try using it as a macro and it says:

/monsterskill "Erratic Flutter" <t>
    ....A command error

My macro has /ma.....

What is going on????

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Okay I am stumped. I learned Erratic Flutter but after setting it, I try to cast it and it says:

...A command error occurred.

I try using it as a macro and it says:

/monsterskill "Erratic Flutter" <t>
    ....A command error

My macro has /ma.....

What is going on????
    Probably spellcast messing with it. It's probably assuming you are using the monster move the same way it sometimes thinks you are using blu magic when using ready moves on bst

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

change the macro to /raw /ma "Erratic Flutter" <me>

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Okay I will give it a try. This is in game mind you, not windower.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait you aren't using windower? That kind of thing shouldn't be possible with vanilla

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Erratic flutter works fine for me in windower with the normal /ma command.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait you aren't using windower? That kind of thing shouldn't be possible with vanilla
    Oops, I meant to say this happened when I typed in commands in the main UI, not the windower UI. However, I think I see what you mean.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    change the macro to /raw /ma "Erratic Flutter" <me>
    That fixed it, thank you very much.