FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Battleborn (PC/PS4/XB1) - Now with F2P Mechanics - Now on Life Support

2K and Gearbox Software – the creators of the award-winning and best-selling Borderlands franchise – today announced Battleborn, an all-new full-featured triple-A hero-shooter experience for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC is in development. The first details and full reveal of Battleborn can be read now exclusively in Game Informer magazine’s August issue cover story.

Battleborn is developed by the teams behind the critically acclaimed hybrid role-playing-shooter Borderlands 2, and is an ambitious fusion of genres. The game combines highly-stylized visuals and frenetic first-person shooting, with Gearbox’s industry-leading co-operative combat, and an expansive collection of diverse heroes. Battleborn is set in the distant future of an imaginative science-fantasy universe where players experience both a narrative-driven co-operative campaign, as well as competitive multiplayer matches.

“If Borderlands 2 is a shooter-looter, Battleborn is a hero-shooter,” said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. “As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created.”

“Battleborn represents the combined might of the development and publishing teams behind the success of Borderlands 2, which to date has sold-in more than 9-million units worldwide and has become 2K’s highest-selling game of all time,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “The size, scope, and ambition of Battleborn are unlike any other title in 2K’s history, and the result is a defining next-gen co-operative experience.”

To learn more about Battleborn, read the latest issue of Game Informer magazine or visit gameinformer.com/battleborn throughout the month of July for an exclusive look at the game.

Battleborn is available for pre-order and will release during Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.’s fiscal year 2016 ending March 31, 2016, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 system and PC.
    http://www.battleborn.com/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/p/battleborn.aspx

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well, that looks fucking cool.

So Smite with better graphics?

But its not F2P? Hmmm.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First Details

Spoiler: show
    The game, due out as a full-priced retail release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2015, features a full narrative-based co-op campaign that can be played with up to five players online and in split-screen. Gearbox is aiming for 20 playable characters, and Game Informer saw nine, six of which were playable, and each with their own unique personalities, weapons, play styles, and powers which can be augmented by the player.

Game Informer was able to go hands-on with the game’s five-versus-five ‘Incursion’ mode, in which players must work alongside their team to destroy the enemy’s base, combining their efforts to do away with the enemy’s pair of gatekeeper spider-bot guardians in the process.

Each team also has its own smaller set of spider-bots that spawn at your base and march toward the enemy to assist in taking out spider-bot guardians by lowering their shields and allowing your direct attack.

Players start each match at level zero or one and can level up to at least level seven, at which point they unlock their ultimate ability. Each level up grants players one of two new abilities, with one being more defense-based and the other more based on offense. Players will be able to customize their level up choices and unlock more options as they progress.

The game map features various paths, rather than explicit lanes, tailored to each character. For example, Thorn, the archer, can jump up ledges and other paths that other characters can’t reach, while Montana, the mini-gun wielder, is so big that he can’t fit under a bridge most other characters can.

On the animations front, Gearbox is working to add body awareness. For example, if you’re playing as Miko, the mushroom character, you can see his skirt while you’re sprinting or looking down. Or, if you’re looking at Marquis, the robot sniper, you’ll see him constantly trying to keep his hat from falling off.

While the game features similarities to a multiplayer online battle action game, Game Informer says the core gameplay feels more like a shooter as opposed to something like DOTA or League of Legends.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/07/battlebor...ls-screenshots
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=1

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game Modes and Features
    Players: 1-5 Players Online; 5-Player co-op; Splitscreen (up to 2 players) and online
    Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
    Release: Winter
    Story Mode: Fight alone, or co-operatively with friends, to save the last star in the universe from a mysterious evil hell bent on its destruction
    25 Characters: Take control of 25 vastly different heroes, each one with their own personality, equipped with unique weapons and powers
    Competitive Multiplayer: Experience team-based competitive multiplayer action with up to 10 players online in 5v5 matches across three distinctly different modes – Incursion, Devastation, and Meltdown
    Progression System: Earn experience points in every game mode to level-up individual heroes’ Character Rank, as well as your own player profile Command Rank

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Smite + Overwatch?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the difference is between this and the Blizzard game? I'll hang up and listen.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i think they're pretty damn similar but idk Overwatch that well.
    Battleborn was announced first, is on consoles, and is Gearbox.
    Overwatch was announced later but looks more polished and is Blizzard.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

From a cursory glance I'd say Overwatch is more FPS with MOBA style abilities and Battleborn is more MOBA with FPS elements.

To be more specific Battleborn has you farming creep to level up as you play but Overwatch is basically TF2 style objectives (control point, payload, etc.).

The Anti Miz

BG Level

oh i dont want to kill creeps i want to shot badguys with qalbert

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

if you have a decent pc and windows 10 we can crossplay some games like fable legends etc

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lothar Rendain

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://rsvp.battleborn.com/

Closed beta sign-ups are open.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Test Date: October 29th, Details
    NOTE ABOUT PARTICIPATION: Participants are selected on a number of criteria based on the needs for testing, including (but not limited to) platform preference, location and availability. The Closed Technical Test file download will require between 4GB to 8 GB of space depending on your gaming platform. If you’re planning to play on PC, your system will need to meet the minimum PC specs for the Closed Technical Test.

LEGAL NOTE: Look, we don’t like having to include legal stuff anymore than you like reading it. That said, here’s the deal: Before the test begins and you are allowed to download the game, you will be prompted to accept a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). By accepting the NDA you are agreeing that you will not…

• Capture gameplay footage;
    • Livestream;
    • Post images;
    • Publicly discuss the technical test on the internet.

We get it, you’re excited – but we’re still very much working on Battleborn and things will change before the game ships in February. Please be cool. Don’t record, stream or talk about the Closed Technical Test. Still want to talk about the game? Awesome – talk with us! We will have a private forum for technical test participants to provide feedback on their experiences and discuss the game privately with other test participants.

From everyone at Gearbox and 2K, we really value your input and hope that you’ll join us in testing Battleborn!

- The Battleborn team at Gearbox and 2K

For all you PC players out there, your system should meet these recommended specs for the Battleborn Closed Technical Test:

• Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850/ AMD A8-3870k (Quad Core CPU’s)
    • Memory: 6 GB
    • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB free
    • Video Memory: 2 GB
    • Video Card: AMD HD 7700/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or better, PhysX support
    • Sound: DirectX 11 Compliant
    http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...4&e=cad170c515

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Anti Miz

BG Level

i am preinstalling the beta now. will anyone else be participating?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I will. Probably not until the weekend though.