Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Well, the GEO mythic should at least do something other than allow GEO to play its intended, albeit boring, role. Regardless whether or not it stacks with Dunna, the club is useful because it makes maintaining a Luopan viable. Assuming that's all it does, though, it's going to be an ergon version of Gjallarhorn when SE eventually fixes Geomancer so that non-ergon users can maintain Luopans.

Should test whether it gives a damage boost to its native WS (remember that you have to use another 119 club to compare to.)
    on another note they should start releasing shields wiht magic damage + for mages, so mythic geo can compensate for the loss of not being able to use staves when a luopan is out on nukes. (and other mages with singel handed mythics)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Should test whether it gives a damage boost to its native WS (remember that you have to use another 119 club to compare to.)
    Wild Rabbits in West Ronfaure
    Str 117 Int 135 Mnd 181 Att 768
    Cagliostro's Rod DMG 156 TP 1001 - 2912

Str 119 Int 144 Mnd 181 Att 770
    Idris DMG 139 - TP 1001 - 2815

Had some issues once I noticed Cagliostro's Int and Mnd kinda threw the stats off. I rebalanced them the best that I could, otherwise the Idris test would of been -20 Mnd -6 Int. With the results though, looks like they don't have the mythic's +30% WSD. :/

More Geo spell fun~
    Went ahead and upgraded body to +1 in case that +2 Geo skill was causing some sort of issue with Dunna/Idris stacking, but no such luck. Geo spell stats are now 421 Geomancy and 407 Handbell. Doubt it changed anything, but I plan on repeating the previous tests to make sure nothings changed.

Geo+Stats: +43

+MAB and -MDB testing
    Nukes performed with the mob to my SW to avoid any interference by Cardinal Chant. Tested on Wild Rabbits in West Ronfaure. Multiple casts of all to ensure the value.

Geo/Thf
    Int: 111 MAB: 0 MDmg: 0

Without +MAB
    Stone I: 160
    Water I: 165
    Aero I: 170
    Fire I: 175
    Blizzard I: 180
    Thunder I: 185
    (Kept going just to see if the pattern kept up, had never read that each step up the elemental ladder for tier 1s added essentially +5 MDmg at capped dInt)

With +MAB

Stone I: 248
    Water I: 255
    Aero I: 263
    Fire I: 271
    Blizzard I: 279
    Thunder I: 286

Same setup but testing -MDB.

-MDB
    Stone I: 210
    Water I: 217
    Aero I: 223
    Fire I: 230
    Blizzard I: 236
    Thunder I: 243

For fun/comparison.
    Int: 246 MAB: 210 MDmg: 219

No buffs
    Stone I: 1174
    Thunder I: 1252

+MAB & -MDB
    Stone I: 1820
    Thunder I: 1940

That's all I've got for now. I'll have to get around to +MDB -MAB another day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like +55 mab -24 mdb. Not too shabby

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So the whole Dunna+Idris not stacking bit started in the Completed RME's topic, but don't see the need to bump that back. Unelonborro answered back in regards to the stacking. Dreams were crushed, but not because of no +20 refresh. I'm more annoyed that it's pretty much as Byrth had said, it's gone from what I believed was a very potent buff to Geo to being a nice buff no doubt, but something that effectively places a cap on the capabilities of Geo. Oh well, is what it is. -51% def still badass I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's still rather good... and really if it had stacked things like undispellable -63% def and capped magic haste from 1 job would be kinda crazy. Not to mention that would probably put wilt up to -100% att on it's own under bolster lol. Plus it still helps fix the inherent flaw of luopon survivability

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    COR rings are mythic equivalents now, gotcha.
    Kinda funny the devs made the same comparison and said they work the same way so yeah guess they are

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    So the whole Dunna+Idris not stacking bit started in the Completed RME's topic, but don't see the need to bump that back. Unelonborro answered back in regards to the stacking. Dreams were crushed, but not because of no +20 refresh. I'm more annoyed that it's pretty much as Byrth had said, it's gone from what I believed was a very potent buff to Geo to being a nice buff no doubt, but something that effectively places a cap on the capabilities of Geo. Oh well, is what it is. -51% def still badass I guess.
    Here is hopeing that IF they add new legendary weapons, GEO gets handbell with awesome stats. (wishfull thinking: Damage Taken II -20%, colure spell duration +20, handbell and geomancy skill +25 each)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Kinda funny the devs made the same comparison and said they work the same way so yeah guess they are
    I think this was one of the very few times that "baransu" was a valid answer (and like you said, being about to do atk -100% or def-75% from one undispellable debuff is unbalanced), and they decided to not use balance as an answer

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Random Monk question. H2H weapons from WKR can be augmented. My question is, Crit Hit Rate + or DT -. I want to be top notch becausee Monk is used for like everything now cuz of Formless Strikes but cant get Relic or use Oboro yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should probably not ask a mnk question in a thread about testing geo ergon weapon...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Idris test of -attack down (indi-wilt) made me curious for a stellar fulcrum setup.

we just did one stellar fulcrum run on tough, testing a unorthodox setup 4 LS members and 2 people from FL, unfortuneatly we didnt have one of our 4 songs bard with us, this was more for testing, since the zerg method tends to crash us with the miriads of buffs (and we lackt the people to do so sometimes), we didnt win since it was 1. time we tested and need to tweak, but the results were interesting:

GEO/RDM: Indi-Wilt and Geo-Precision or Barrier or fury, + BIO II, + distract
    BRD (3 Song FL): march march madrigal (scherzo for 4. song adviced).
    WHM:
    SAM/BLU: Cocoon
    SAM/BLU: Cocoon
    COR: Gallants roll/chaos roll

noteable things: Kamlanauts melee wings went down form 300+ per swing (with PDT set on geo) to 110 with the miriads of -attack and defense buffs., great wheel did only 400-550 dmg AoE, light blade did however still did break 2k, but not higher, hence why i said scherzo would be adviced. Replace the COR, rolls get dispelled too much, pritty much useless in the fight.
    mages need good PDT sets to stand in range too and reset hate.

we will improve our setup and make:
    BRD: 2x march madrigal (madrigal)
    BRD: Minne Minne scherzo + (minuet)
    GEO: indi-wilt, + geo-barrier, distract, Bio II
    WHM
    SAM/BLU: cocoon, shoha
    SAM/BLU: Cocoon, shoha

key is to keep buffs constantly up, light blade should do max 2k dmg with a proper hybrid/PDT setup, great wheel should do 400-500 dmg max (even to mages). Goal is to make the fight winnable without 2 hours. Our melees both died to 2k dmg light blades, since we wanted to try it without scherzo (mistake), whm died right afterwards due to being caught during arise cast with non ilvl gear. BRD and me (GEO) were able to hold him without any problems with 3 min+ with indi-wilt, barrier, minne minne scherzo. light blades didnt kill us and did no dmg, great wheeel did 500 dmg to each of us and melee hits did 150dmg (more to the bard since sporting some abyssea +2 empy armor). We then ran at some point out of MP due to cureing ourselfs while the whm was weakened and raising everyone else up, i used bolster at the end just to see how much more down kamlanauts attack power would go, he was hitting then for 90-110 dmg (with 48 PDT).

our usual strategy involvs 2x pld(ochain) 2x rng +1x brd + 1x sch or rdm, but we didnt have the people on for that so we tried somethign for shits and giggles, neverthless it was interesting to see kamlanauts attack power go down by 2/3. Would be interesting to see what idris would do to him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stacking more att down would probably be easier/effective than all the +def. Maybe replace 2nd brd with smn for tidal roar or Acid Mist if it actually lands (haven't tried it in awhile but was working on delve mobs last time I tried) in addition to wilt and bio would make defense basically irrelevant

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Stacking more att down would probably be easier/effective than all the +def. Maybe replace 2nd brd with smn for tidal roar or Acid Mist if it actually lands (haven't tried it in awhile but was working on delve mobs last time I tried) in addition to wilt and bio would make defense basically irrelevant
    dunno, was quiet noticable when geo-barrier droped, however light blade either has an insane attack modifier or insane base dmg, i was at first surprised to see it do 2k dmg, i was expecting 1k dmg~ because usually in our other fights with the rng-setup or zerg setup it did 3-4k dmg.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It probably doesn't function like a physical attack as far as defense/attack goes if that much reduction isn't noticeable. Try testing with and without MDT/shell.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    It probably doesn't function like a physical attack as far as defense/attack goes if that much reduction isn't noticeable. Try testing with and without MDT/shell.
    the reduction was quiet noticable, light blade used to do 3-4k dmg, where now it was only doing 2k dmg consistently (which is imho still too much). Are you suggesting its a hybrid physical move that has a magical property attached to it? (like some avatar moves) Kinda curious ochain blocks light blade completely on block, wouldnt the magical property be noticeable there or am I misunderstanding how those hybrid moves work. if its a move that has 1/2 of it as physical equation and 1/2 as magical equation then a combination of indi-wilt and geo-fend should bring it down further.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    dunno, was quiet noticable when geo-barrier droped, however light blade either has an insane attack modifier or insane base dmg, i was at first surprised to see it do 2k dmg, i was expecting 1k dmg~ because usually in our other fights with the rng-setup or zerg setup it did 3-4k dmg.
    I'm not saying def isn't doing anything in your case just that -att when you are already stacking a lot will effect ratio more than +def will largely because enemy attack is getting smaller and smaller so any stacking will have increasing returns while def slightly decreasing... like I said if you could land acid mist you'd be able to hit -100% att though you might need ergon or geo ja or better bioing to get there... but even 90-95% would make it so that as long as your def isn't super low anymore wouldn't mean much

Not sure what you are getting with wilt but let's say it's -35% (seems possible since ergon was only 41%) and then you were throwing bio 2 on it for another -10%... another -25% from roar would almost halve ratio (-45.45% to be exact) which would be even more if you can bump more -att in there. Now let's say you were floating at around 1.2k def (ballpark not sure what your sams had) without minnes but with other buffs; 2 +4 minnes without any merits or jps would add another 243 which then gets another 50% from cocoon to go to 364.5 that would only lower ratio by 24%.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What difficulty is this? I figured it was a hybrid based WS. I guess the easiest way to test would be to see how much damage it did with intervene on, if it could actually land on someone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Light Blade eats all shadows (when /nin, at least) and does reduced damage when it does so, so it's a 4+ multi hit WS, at least. It also does much less damage on people with low HP/weakened if it kills them. If it was crit based as well, it'd explain why it varies so much in the same conditions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    What difficulty is this? I figured it was a hybrid based WS. I guess the easiest way to test would be to see how much damage it did with intervene on, if it could actually land on someone.
    That would really only show that it has physical but not if there is also a magical part Sentinel and/or invincible would also work and something like aegis would fairly easily show if there was a magical component